Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Fifty Plus (50+) (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/)
-   -   Change is coming (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/688158-change-coming.html)

stapfam 10-16-10 01:40 PM

Change is coming

I see plenty of riders out on the roads in the mornings. Mainly commuters but today is Saturday. The turn of the Club riders to get out and the small groups or single riders to get some miles in.

You can also recognise them. Heads betwen their knees and all those well tanned legs and arms.

But there was a difference today. Not quite as much speed as usual and Tights and the long sleeve Roubaix Material jerseys.

Yep- The cold weather is on its way.

George 10-16-10 01:51 PM

Sometimes a change would be welcome down here. It's one of the hottest on record.

jr59 10-16-10 04:17 PM

The question is; Did they have pie???

xizangstan 10-16-10 07:05 PM

CHANGE isn't always good.

RonH 10-16-10 07:11 PM

True, change is on the way. That's why i waited until noon to go for my ride. The temp was all the way up to 65F (18C) when I left. Didn't need arm warmers, leg warmers, or jacket/vest like the early riders. :)

xizangstan 10-16-10 08:35 PM

I rode with my shirt off today and got sunburned. Odd as at the same time, I was driving over crunchy leaves everywhere. Autumn is a strange but nice time of year.

professorbob 10-16-10 08:44 PM

Had a great ride and the leaves are at peak color. Also stopped at an orchard and had pie.

xizangstan 10-17-10 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by professorbob (Post 11633096)
Had a great ride and the leaves are at peak color. Also stopped at an orchard and had pie.

So how's your bicycle riding working out for you, as your primary way to lose weight?
:)

BigBlueToe 10-17-10 10:00 AM

I wore my tights yesterday. Wait! I should post that on Facebook!

Beverly 10-17-10 10:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
It's been chilly on several of the morning rides lately. Arm and leg warmers have been greatly appreciated. I love this time of year for all the brilliant colors along the route. I just hate to see the snow:(

Attachment 174146

stapfam 10-17-10 12:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Beverly (Post 11634705)
It's been chilly on several of the morning rides lately. Arm and leg warmers have been greatly appreciated. I love this time of year for all the brilliant colors along the route. I just hate to see the snow:(

ssssh

Attachment 174150

The Weak Link 10-17-10 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by xizangstan (Post 11633058)
I rode with my shirt off today and got sunburned.

Just desserts, philistine.

Sculptor7 10-17-10 01:27 PM

Put in just under 100 miles this week even with the horrendous rain and wind we had Friday (during which I looked out the window and hoped my large maple stayed where it was).

I love this time of year with the turning leaves and the fresh invigorating air. Wore tights Wednesday but today decided I did not need them. 28 miles at 14 mph so I guess I am not quite ready for a nursing home. After spending almost a month breathing cruise ship air and tripping over walkers and wheelchairs I was beginning to think about growing old. Took a flight of stairs two at a time one day just to prove I wasn't dead yet. QM2 needs to do some maintenance on their upright bikes. Only one worked properly and there were only four overall. However, considering out of 2000 + passengers having to fight for it between a only a half-dozen others perhaps they feel they have enough.