Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Fifty Plus (50+) (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/)
-   -   Last new bike arrived - should be interesting (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/691399-last-new-bike-arrived-should-interesting.html)

HiYoSilver 10-29-10 12:20 PM

Last new bike arrived - should be interesting

Finally getting a new bike. Just received word today the Trek is in. It was too expensive and I have to schedule a fitting during pickup. Working out the details, hopefully will finalized pickup time today. It's been over 2 months waiting, since it's a Project One bike. The only customization I was able to do was to select a paint job. Someone mentioned as we get older, the reds and oranges lose appeal, and vanilla white jumps to the foreground. There may be some truth to that as my base color is Pearl White.

Should be an interesting time. I'm not going to review the bike in detail until I have at least a couple weeks of riding experience. But this news made my day, as I am recoving from the flu, and I found a new route to ride to work that I want to test.

Shifty 10-29-10 01:37 PM

Congrats! I can wait for the ride review, but post some pictures when the bike comes home.

HiYoSilver 10-29-10 01:48 PM

Ok will do. I have to get some stickers off the wheels and want to get all the rider added gizmo's attached first so you all can see the final bike.

NOS88 10-29-10 02:36 PM

Word of a new bike arriving as relief from the flu.... hmmmm... I'll have to tell my wife about this! Congrats on the new Trek.

HiYoSilver 10-29-10 04:25 PM

any distraction helps. if can't afford a new bike, there's always a new video/video game you need to get thru the misery, right?

Metric Man 10-29-10 05:36 PM

Sweet. Congrats.

tlc20010 10-29-10 06:01 PM

Nothing from DG on white bikes....man, he is slipping.....

HiYoSilver 10-29-10 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by tlc20010 (Post 11703680)
Nothing from DG on white bikes....man, he is slipping.....

No he just eating too much pie and suffering a severe sugar overload

big john 10-29-10 08:16 PM

I think there's a typo in the thread title, I think you meant 'latest' new bike. Anyway, congrats and looking forward to pics.

billydonn 10-29-10 08:52 PM

I look forward to pictures!

HiYoSilver 10-30-10 09:28 AM

No typo. Is last, can't afford any more. It took years to seal this one. I have to sell old one as part of the deal. Hopefully the bike will last longer than I will. :-)

HiYoSilver 11-02-10 07:18 PM

Sorry, I haven't been able to get photos of new bike yet. It's a Trek Speed Concept, but the images on the trek site are uglier than the bike itself. It may be this weekend before I can get a good photo of it.

In case you didn't know, the SC is a triathlon bike. Big change from a touring bike. love it. later

Bare Feet 11-03-10 04:39 AM

Congratulations on your new wheels HiYo! Ride it well!!

(My bike is white too . . with red accents. Looks awesome!)

HiYoSilver 11-03-10 06:23 AM

Thank you. It's taken 5 years of research and 3 years of marketing to make it happen, but worth it.

Garfield Cat 11-03-10 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by HiYoSilver (Post 11701908)
Finally getting a new bike. Just received word today the Trek is in. It was too expensive and I have to schedule a fitting during pickup. Working out the details, hopefully will finalized pickup time today. It's been over 2 months waiting, since it's a Project One bike. The only customization I was able to do was to select a paint job. Someone mentioned as we get older, the reds and oranges lose appeal, and vanilla white jumps to the foreground. There may be some truth to that as my base color is Pearl White.

Should be an interesting time. I'm not going to review the bike in detail until I have at least a couple weeks of riding experience. But this news made my day, as I am recoving from the flu, and I found a new route to ride to work that I want to test.

The white bike is a Lone Ranger thing, white steed.

HiYoSilver 11-03-10 10:14 AM

Oh, excellent. I was feeling a bit bad giving up the silver bike but you are correct. Silver was a white horse.
Thanks

BluesDawg 11-03-10 10:31 AM

Congrats on the new bike. The whole "one bike" thing is pretty foreign to me, but I find it especially interesting that you would choose a tri-bike as your one and only. (or did I misunderstand?)

HiYoSilver 11-03-10 03:37 PM

No you understand correctly. The only choice was between a tri and road bike. I don't do pack riding and slow for curves, so the tri seemed the better choice. Still have to stop and think which way to move the bar end levers in order to drop or add more GI. Better than yesterday when I would make a shift and say, opps. wrong way.

It's not going to be a standard tri when I'm thru. I still have to add lights. Since the aero bars are parallel to the rider, I had to order a 90 degree nob to mount the light on. I'm going to have to zip tie the rear light to the saddle, but hey, it should work fine.

Basically since muscles aren't getting stronger, need to let the bike do more of the work for me.

BluesDawg 11-03-10 06:37 PM

Hmmmm. 3 months, 6 months tops.

HiYoSilver 11-03-10 07:07 PM

Best part

1 Attachment(s)
Let's see if this loadsAttachment 176718

HiYoSilver 11-03-10 07:09 PM

Full Bike

1 Attachment(s)
Rider looks dorky, but the bike is niceAttachment 176719

10 Wheels 11-03-10 07:10 PM

That is so wild..

HiYoSilver 11-04-10 08:29 AM

Thanks. It's fun to ride as well. Normally I average about 12 mph with hills and stops, but today it was 15. I don't expect to continue having that much gain, but it's sure a joy to ride

cehowardGS 11-04-10 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by HiYoSilver (Post 11729107)
Rider looks dorky, but the bike is niceAttachment 176719

Yo there Silver, you are smokin man!! :thumb:

The bike is the chit, pure and simple!! :thumb:

lhbernhardt 11-04-10 02:39 PM

Wow, wild bike! Yes, it will certainly go fast. Lots of room for future upgrades, too. I've always thought that the best application for electronic shifting would be on a TT bike, since you can put the shift buttons on both the brake levers and the shift lever extensions, so you can have your hands in either position and still shift. So I see Di2 in your future...

And you can start saving up for a rear disk for those days when you really want to obliterate anybody else on the road! Yes, you will have many hours of fun on that puppy!

L.