Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

Jones'n for a nice long ride...

Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Old 11-25-10, 06:48 PM
Legs; OK! Lungs; not!

Bikes: ''09 Motobecane Immortal Pro (Yellow), '02 Diamondback Hybrid, '09 Lamborghini Viaggio, ''11 Cervelo P2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Just finished a huge delicious turkey dinner with family in Albany, NY. I'm here with my wife and adult son for a week. It is good to see family and friends again. Last visit was in July. At that time we came for a few weeks so we drove. That allowed me to bring my bike and the tandem.

This visit is only a week so we flew. The weather is too chilly and unpredictable to bring my bike on the if chance. SO after riding 120 - 150 mi a week for the past year and a half, going for a week now with no riding is getting me a bit antsy. I did stop by a local gym and got to spin for about 45 mi, but its not quite the same.

Wednesday was cold (for me) but beautiful. A nice ride up the mountain would have been quite a treat. Today (thanksgiving) was overcast and chilly, but not so breezy. But the day was taken up with visits to family and friends. And eating.

Tomorrow I may be able to get back to the gym and spin some more. I regret not bringing my bike sandals with the spd clips. Bummer.

The good news is that I have a century wating for me on 12/5. In nice warm FLA.
Old 11-25-10, 06:53 PM
gone ride'n

Bikes: Simoncini, Gary Fisher, Specialized Tarmac

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
You are just a few miles east of me - I rode a nice 20 miles this AM and did about 3 hrs of yard work (getting the last of the leafs up). There were a few ice patches but it was indeed dry so no problem. Tomorrow it will be raw but I'll go out towards Amsterdam NY and bring home a nice xmas tree.