Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Fifty Plus (50+) (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/)
-   -   Do I have to give it back? (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/728094-do-i-have-give-back.html)

cyclinfool 04-16-11 06:49 AM

Do I have to give it back?

Do I have to give my bike back?

A few years ago a worked hard and lost 20 lbs, to reward myself I went out and bought a new Specialized Tarmac. Usually I'll gain about 10 lbs over the winter, this year I told myself I was not going to let that happen and I was going to loose 10 lbs. Well I gained the 10 lbs as always so I guess that's 20 lbs above where I wanted to be - do I have to give the bike back? :notamused:

bruce19 04-16-11 07:18 AM

Yes. If it's between 55-57 cm C to C you can send it to me. I'll even pay shipping. You can thank me later. :)

rck 04-16-11 09:26 AM

I've lost 10 lbs so I should be the one to get it!:D

nwbikeman 04-16-11 09:42 AM

You bike won't even know that you gained the weight and so you just ride a little faster and climb a few extra hills or do some interval training. Your bike may not be real happy about climbing hills and training but tell her to suck it up and go,lol.

Retro Grouch 04-16-11 09:54 AM

I think that you should negotiate with whomever you made the contract. If you're a real good negotiator, you might even get him to throw in a deal sweetner.

TromboneAl 04-16-11 03:43 PM

No, but you're not allowed to ride it.

cyclinfool 04-16-11 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by TromboneAl (Post 12516153)
No, but you're not allowed to ride it.

That's OK - I have it mostly in parts right now anyway - waiting for some upgrades to come.

George 04-16-11 04:16 PM

I gained 12 pounds and lost 5 of that and I'll work on the rest when it gets to 90+ degrees outside. I just got a chip in my bike and it really pissed me off. Do you have any in yours?

cyclinfool 04-16-11 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by George (Post 12516268)
I gained 12 pounds and lost 5 of that and I'll work on the rest when it gets to 90+ degrees outside. I just got a chip in my bike and it really pissed me off. Do you have any in yours?

I assume you mean the CF bike. I have a few nicks in the gel coat but nothing that has chipped the structural material. The steel bike has a lot of missing paint but it is nickle plated so it looks like chrome under the paint and it doesn't rust.

George 04-16-11 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by cyclinfool (Post 12516297)
I assume you mean the CF bike. I have a few nicks in the gel coat but nothing that has chipped the structural material. The steel bike has a lot of missing paint but it is nickle plated so it looks like chrome under the paint and it doesn't rust.

Yes, that's what I meant, the gel coat. I put some testers paint on it and it hide it pretty good. I really think I need a new bike though. I told that to my wife and she said, you'll buy a new and you'll probably get a chip in that to. I don't have a problem with that, what's wrong with another new bike.

cyclinfool 04-16-11 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by George (Post 12516328)
Yes, that's what I meant, the gel coat. I put some testers paint on it and it hide it pretty good. I really think I need a new bike though. I told that to my wife and she said, you'll buy a new and you'll probably get a chip in that to. I don't have a problem with that, what's wrong with another new bike.

Nothing wrong with a new bike but you need to know what you want out of it. You should know that by now. What do you want that new bike to do for you or are you just concerned because of the blemish? For me, those blemishes are signs that the bike doesn't just sit in the garage looking pretty but collecting dust - battle scars are a good thing.

kr32 04-16-11 04:43 PM

nail polish is good for chips as well.

I agree with cyclinfool, battle scars are a good sign. (for the most part)

I have them on the Streetrod too, shows it gets driven not sittin' pretty and lookin' good

George 04-16-11 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by cyclinfool (Post 12516343)
Nothing wrong with a new bike but you need to know what you want out of it. You should know that by now. What do you want that new bike to do for you or are you just concerned because of the blemish? For me, those blemishes are signs that the bike doesn't just sit in the garage looking pretty but collecting dust - battle scars are a good thing.

You and kr32 make me feel good. I have been riding 6 days week since my meds started working and it feels great. Later, I got company.

shyonelung 04-16-11 04:52 PM

I lost 40 pounds this winter. I think it's only right that you send it to me. When you lose the 10 lbs again, I'll send it back. Deal?

BluesDawg 04-16-11 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by kr32 (Post 12516369)
I agree with cyclinfool, battle scars are a good sign. (for the most part)

I have them on the Streetrod too, shows it gets driven not sittin' pretty and lookin' good

"Beausage"