Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Fifty Plus (50+) (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/)
-   -   Coming Here Is Like Visiting My Grandparents (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/73103-coming-here-like-visiting-my-grandparents.html)

Dchiefransom 11-01-04 05:32 PM

Coming Here Is Like Visiting My Grandparents

As I look down through the thread titles, I'm reminded of a time when I visited my Grandparents when I was in my twenties, and they had friends over. I just sat with them for quite a while listening. They finally asked me if something was wrong, since I wasn't talking with them. I told them that since I didn't have anything physically wrong with me, I just didn't have anything to contribute to the conversation. Everyone broke up laughing!!! ;)
Although I look at this in a humorous manner, it does bring back warm memories of those long ago times.

DnvrFox 11-01-04 05:44 PM

What bikes did your grandparents ride?

What was their annual mielage?

Raiyn 11-01-04 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Dchiefransom
As I look down through the thread titles, I'm reminded of a time when I visited my Grandparents when I was in my twenties, and they had friends over. I just sat with them for quite a while listening. They finally asked me if something was wrong, since I wasn't talking with them. I told them that since I didn't have anything physically wrong with me, I just didn't have anything to contribute to the conversation. Everyone broke up laughing!!! ;)
Although I look at this in a humorous manner, it does bring back warm memories of those long ago times.

:roflmao:

Dchiefransom 11-01-04 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by DnvrFox

I think my Grandfather should have ridden, he smoked and was a supervisor at the Studebaker plant in South Bend, In. He had 3 heart attacks, so who knows how much cranking out some weekly miles might have helped. :)

greywolf 11-02-04 11:56 PM

Cheeky young whipersnapper :p

webist 02-07-05 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Dchiefransom
I told them that since I didn't have anything physically wrong with me, I just didn't have anything to contribute to the conversation.

Come now! We are all happy to listen to anyone talk about those with infirmities. Just because you weren't sick or injured didn't mean you couldn't contribute to the conversation. You must have known of someone who was laid up at the time. Heck! We'd even tolerate made up stories. Start off with "I have a friend whose mother .... :roflmao:

Trsnrtr 02-07-05 05:12 PM

I'm 54 and reading a lot of posts in this forum makes me feel like I'm visiting my grandparents. :D

Metro 02-23-05 03:44 PM

I'm 53 and reading these posts remind me to keep riding in order to stay as young as possible. No matter how young you are, you can do the same.

jppe 02-23-05 05:51 PM

That was a good one Dnvr--pretty quick as usual!! Truth be known, they probably put in a lot more physical activity over their years than we did. However, we're quickly catching up with them while being out on the road!!

Since we're on a "health related" topic, I had my quarterly check-up with the doctor today and he jokingly wanted me to come to the next physicians' conference. He wanted to use me and my stats as a model for what exercise can do to improve bp, heart rate, cholestrol, etc. He's a little older and a runner and said that he wished he now had my blood pressure. I suggested he get a bike and told him the fee for my advice was the same as his. He laughed and handed me the bill.....