Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

N-1---or is it?

Search
Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

N-1---or is it?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-11, 01:02 PM
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
N-1---or is it?

These new riders I have around me are causing problems. They all want bikes- or better bikes- and want me to hunt them out. Got Nathan Sorted with one off E-Bay and then there are Pete and Paul. Both got mountain bikes and I keep telling them there is nothing wrong with a mountain bike----Except Pauls and that is cr*p.

But then there is Mick. He is currently borrowing my OCR3 that I never ride anymore. It was my first road bike and basically it is a good sound reliable bike. Well tonight I collared him and offered the bike to him for a very sensible price. I paid £400 for it in 2006- rode it extensively for a year before getting a far better bike. I have a buyer that would a pain in the butt if I sold it to her. Reckon the bike is only worth £250 but seeing what is around on E-Bay- it could sell for as high as £325.

So Mick now has my OCR for £200.

And the "Or is it?" bit?-- Mick lives just across the road from me- has no bike knowledge- so guess who is going to maintain that bike. I'll have all the hassle of a bike being ridden often (Maintaining it) without the fun of owning it. To be honest- the bike has served its purpose for me and my riding skills do not require it. Just hope it will stand up to the abuse of another fit young rider taking it up hills at 90mph. As long as Mick can keep his son's off it- it won't have to. Mick is 55- 30lbs overweight and gets out of breath walking to the pub.

Spike Milligan
Old 07-08-11, 02:13 PM
just keep riding

Bikes: 2018 Black Mountain Cycles MCD,2017 Advocate Cycles Seldom Seen Drop Bar, 2017 Niner Jet 9 Alloy, 2015 Zukas custom road, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB, 1980ish Fuji S-12S

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 22 Posts
Sounds like N-1 to me. I'd make sure that Mick was very familiar with my beer preferences any time he needed maintenance advice or assistance.
Old 07-08-11, 02:30 PM

Bikes: Cannondale, Trek, Raleigh, Santana

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 308 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
stapfam, Seems n-1+visitation.

Brad