Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

Brasstown Bald Buster...BUSTED! (LONG)

Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Old 07-31-11, 01:38 PM
The guy in the 50+ jersey

Bikes: Specialized S-Works Roubaix, Litespeed Tuscany Road, Specialized Allez Epic lugged carbon frame Road,Giant Anthem 29'r, Klein Hardtail

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I rode Brasstown Bald Buster this year. Singed up in January and also ordered a jersey thru Active.com. It's almost August & no jersey. Same thing for a friend of mine from Durhan, NC. Tried to send an e-mail to the ride organizer (Surge Sports) listed on the web site & guess what, bounces back not in existence. Send the following e-mail to the Helen /White Co. GA. Chamber of Commerce several weeks ago:

"Dear Concerned Person(s)
I wanted to pass along this information regarding the organizer of the annual "Brasstown Bald Buster" ride for 2011. I attempted to contact them thru the e-mail address provided at the ride website, but the e-mail was returned as undeliverable. Perhaps you have additional contact information available. Additionally, please note that I have another friend here in North Carolina who participated and paid for a jersey who is in the same circumstance. I would hate that such a great event would be spoiled by such poor business practices on behalf of the organizer, and would be concerned on it's reflection on your and others sponsors as well as the community of Helen. Such activity would quickly become the subject of internet message boards, cycling discussion groups, and social networking sites. Any help you might provide would be appreciated."

No response...Guess if you want the organizer to steal your money and the local chamber to stand by and watch, then this ride next year will be for you. I'll be spreading the word as far afield as I can that these folks are not to be trusted with your hard earned cash!!!
Old 07-31-11, 03:59 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Here's a phone number for you from the active.com website about the ride (was under contact the race director)... 770-597-9084
Old 08-01-11, 11:25 AM
The guy in the 50+ jersey

Bikes: Specialized S-Works Roubaix, Litespeed Tuscany Road, Specialized Allez Epic lugged carbon frame Road,Giant Anthem 29'r, Klein Hardtail

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by B. Realization
Here's a phone number for you from the active.com website about the ride (was under contact the race director)... 770-597-9084
"The number you have dialed is not in service..."