Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Fifty Plus (50+) (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/)
-   -   Didn't take long... (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/796761-didnt-take-long.html)

Digital Gee 02-05-12 01:40 PM

Didn't take long...

I now know for sure that I'm back in the game. Took the Globe out yesterday for a short ride around Lake Murray.

Soon enough, I spotted a 30-something guy up ahead, riding a pink girly bike, pulling a Bob trailer with what was probably his two year old daughter aboard.

I put the pedal to the metal and torqued my speed up to well in excess of ten miles per hour (I'm guessing), and soon dropped him like a bad habit. :thumb:

My manhood confirmed, I rode with renewed confidence the remainder of the ride.

Artkansas 02-05-12 01:54 PM

You go guy!

Dudelsack 02-05-12 01:56 PM

Quote of the week, posted by a Russian in California on the roadie forum: "Group rides are like sex: if someone isn't crying at the end of it, you're doing it wrong." :eek:

JanMM 02-05-12 02:08 PM

I sure hope that snot rockets weren't part of the scenario................

jmccain 02-05-12 02:55 PM

Did you give them The Look?

http://images.usatoday.com/sports/cy...lance-look.jpg

Retro Grouch 02-05-12 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by jmccain (Post 13812734)

I tried doing that once with my 9 year old grandson but I fell off my bike and broke both of my elbows.

recumbenttoad 02-05-12 03:22 PM

I long for the day I can drop a guy on a pink bike pulling his kid.

cranky old dude 02-05-12 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by Digital Gee (Post 13812445)
I now know for sure that I'm back in the game. Took the Globe out yesterday for a short ride around Lake Murray.

Soon enough, I spotted a 30-something guy up ahead, riding a pink girly bike, pulling a Bob trailer with what was probably his two year old daughter aboard.

I put the pedal to the metal and torqued my speed up to well in excess of ten miles per hour (I'm guessing), and soon dropped him like a bad habit. :thumb:

My manhood confirmed, I rode with renewed confidence the remainder of the ride.

:roflmao2::roflmao2::roflmao2:

Yep. I can relate...I once blew the doors off a loaded logging truck with my six cylinder Ford Falcon while climbing a long hill!! I was elated. :D

teachme 02-05-12 05:10 PM

Digital Gee; you are defintely, da man!!!! :thumb:

Pobble.808 02-05-12 05:20 PM

A most impressive feat to be sure. But would you still have dropped the guy if he was on a white bike? :innocent:

Louis 02-05-12 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by recumbenttoad (Post 13812823)
I long for the day I can drop a guy on a pink bike pulling his kid.

:lol:

I once passed an ice cream vendor on a climb. He was riding his 3 wheeler with the huge cooler up front. I smoked his sorry ass. I even heard the fans yelling "Louie, Louie, Looouie!".

Digital Gee 02-05-12 05:40 PM

In that event, I would have had to "high five" him as I passed. We'd both being going slow enough to pull that off.

Originally Posted by Pobble.808 (Post 13813292)
A most impressive feat to be sure. But would you still have dropped the guy if he was on a white bike? :innocent:

CB HI 02-05-12 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by Louis (Post 13813332)

I once passed an ice cream vendor on a climb. He was riding his 3 wheeler with the huge cooler up front. I smoked his sorry ass. I even heard the fans yelling "Louie, Louie, Looouie!".

Sure, but he had ice cream at the top of the climb.

Bicycletrain 02-05-12 05:51 PM

NICE.
The only thing is he had the key to the gate.
Pitcairn, Awesome.

Mobile 155 02-05-12 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Digital Gee (Post 13813400)
In that event, I would have had to "high five" him as I passed. We'd both being going slow enough to pull that off.

Big deal dude. On my first Century about 4 years ago I got past by a guy on a Tandem out on Eisenhower at about the 73 mile mark. He had a stoker about 11 and a tag-a-long with maybe a 7 year old on the back. Yes I was tired and dragging bottom at that point but I sucked it up and worked hard to catch and pass the guy and those stokers by Lowes and the last 10 miles to the finish. And yes I give him and the kids a look. Maybe not "The Look" but between sucking air I looked at them. If I hadn't been working so hard I would have a picture of my victory.

Louis 02-05-12 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by CB HI (Post 13813451)
Sure, but he had ice cream at the top of the climb.

I suspected all along that he had been doping; that would explain why he was off the front for so long before I finally caught him.

Ice Cream. It just ain't fair. They ought to ban that stuff.

NOS88 02-05-12 06:39 PM

I just got an email from my nephew who siad he has his daughter out for a ride today. As they were headed around the lake he heard his daughter say, "Daddy, can we please slow down. That big man behind us is breathing really hard. I think he's trying to catch up." :innocent:

qcpmsame 02-05-12 06:42 PM

So you cranked it up to 400 watts and dropped that Fred like a brick? (Apologies to R600Duraace)

Bill

teachme 02-05-12 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Louis (Post 13813627)
I suspected all along that he had been doping; that would explain why he was off the front for so long before I finally caught him.

Ice Cream. It just ain't fair. They ought to ban that stuff.

BlazingPedals 02-05-12 06:57 PM

TEN MILES PER HOUR??? More proof that you guys all exaggerate when reporting your speeds.

NOS88 02-05-12 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by BlazingPedals (Post 13813729)
TEN MILES PER HOUR??? More proof that you guys all exaggerate when reporting your speeds.

Damn straight!

Digital Gee 02-05-12 07:41 PM

As Beaver might say, "You guys are sure giving me the business!"

NOS88 02-05-12 07:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Beaver, if you keep quiet I'll let you ride my new bike.

leob1 02-05-12 09:19 PM

The world shuddered when his soul was crushed.

lhbernhardt 02-05-12 10:23 PM

One morning I was commuting to work in about two feet of snow. I pounded my way up a 4% grade, and managed to pass a Miata (probably with "all-season radials" that are basically summer tires) slipping and sliding uphill. The bike was actually getting more traction. I gave him the look as I passed.

L.