Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Fifty Plus (50+) (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/)
-   -   And the Apocalypse begins! (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/799599-apocalypse-begins.html)

BHOFM 02-18-12 08:29 PM

And the Apocalypse begins!

Today half the people were wandering aimlessly with a blank look
on their faces. The other half were killing and eating human flesh.
The only way to stop them was to blow their heads off. Cars were
over turned and burning, the streets were littered with bodies.
People were fighting over scraps of food and a puddle of muddy
water.

All the ATM's were down. Walmart couldn't take a credit card or
debit card and no checks, cash only. The pumps at the filling
station wouldn't work.

You would think the world had come to an end. People at Walmart
got to the check out and just left their stuff in the basket and walked
out. Hunting human flesh!

I put this in the 50+, figured they would get the biggest kick out
of it!

Dudelsack 02-18-12 08:34 PM

I've been ready for this moment. Got the bent well stocked with provisions and ammo. I can outrun them to the Ohio River. Zombies can't swim, nor can they pilot watercraft. I almost feel sorry for them.

Homebrew01 02-18-12 08:54 PM

Is this about a movie I was supposed to watch ?

BluesDawg 02-18-12 08:56 PM

Bad bonk?

missjean 02-18-12 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by Dudelsack (Post 13870077)
Zombies can't swim, nor can they pilot watercraft.

The problem is that zombies, being the un-dead and all, don't have to worry about drowning and thus can just walk into the body water, along the bottom, and out the other side - as seen in World War Z (soon to be a major motion picture) so water will not be an effective barrier. You are correct about the water craft tho.

BHOFM 02-18-12 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Homebrew01 (Post 13870155)
Is this about a movie I was supposed to watch ?

Nope, just the ATMs are down and all the systems that go with them.

Artkansas 02-18-12 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by missjean (Post 13870176)
The problem is that zombies, being the un-dead and all, don't have to worry about drowning and thus can just walk into the body water, along the bottom, and out the other side - as seen in World War Z (soon to be a major motion picture) so water will not be an effective barrier. You are correct about the water craft tho.

I don't think they could do this crossing the Arkansas river. The flow is just too strong, they might make it across, but they would be far down stream.

Velo Fellow 02-18-12 09:39 PM

I believe the answer to this apocalyptic annoyance is......... "brewer's yeast". In fact, I know a source not far from here.

missjean 02-18-12 09:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Dudelsack (Post 13870077)
Got the bent well stocked with provisions and ammo.

I almost overlooked that part! A tee shirt for you ...
http://pathlesspedaled.spreadshirt.c...mize/color/120http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=237958

sknhgy 02-18-12 10:27 PM

I'll just act normal. The zombies will think I'm one of them and leave me alone.

Digital Gee 02-18-12 10:57 PM

My kids have been convinced I'm a zombie for years. Maybe they know something I don't know.

Dudelsack 02-19-12 03:09 AM

Originally Posted by missjean (Post 13870365)

Exactly.

ftwelder 02-19-12 07:06 AM

People will get annoyed with a money system failure. I think society running out of sugar or meds would be far worse. I live in a area with a lot of small farms but few people identify farms with their needs these days. it's almost funny. I went to a benefit event for local farmers a couple of nights ago and farmers are so pleased to see they are appreciated.

buelito 02-19-12 07:26 AM

this kind of reminds me of Y2K... and all the havoc that was going to be reeked because of the 2 digit year...

Dudelsack 02-19-12 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by buelito (Post 13871192)
this kind of reminds me of Y2K... and all the havoc that was going to be reeked because of the 2 digit year...

Yeah, but this time there will be zombies when the SHTF.

JanMM 02-19-12 10:43 AM

Is there another Republican presidential debate coming up soon?

Louis 02-19-12 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by JanMM (Post 13871717)

:lol:...:roflmao:...:innocent:

overthehillmedi 02-19-12 11:18 AM

Remember the days when if you needed extra cash on the weekend you needed to get to the bank before five on friday or know a friendly local business man who would cash a check.

Dudelsack 02-19-12 11:22 AM

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x...A/cfa193d4.jpg

You don't want to incite the right-wingers to refer to the president as a haughty little pr!ck, do you? I suggest you take the political stuff to P&R.

Retro Grouch 02-19-12 11:30 AM

This is going to be a great year for bike riding because you're not going to want to get too close to a television set.

During the Florida primary the local stations RAN OUT of commercial time - and that's just the primary. The super PACs are going to have literally tons of money to spend and they don't even have to reveal whom the money came from. It's going to be nasty, it's going to be loud, it's all going to be lies, and it's going to be hard to avoid.

Nightshade 02-19-12 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by BHOFM (Post 13870050)
Today half the people were wandering aimlessly with a blank look
on their faces. The other half were killing and eating human flesh.
The only way to stop them was to blow their heads off. Cars were
over turned and burning, the streets were littered with bodies.
People were fighting over scraps of food and a puddle of muddy
water.

All the ATM's were down. Walmart couldn't take a credit card or
debit card and no checks, cash only. The pumps at the filling
station wouldn't work.

You would think the world had come to an end. People at Walmart
got to the check out and just left their stuff in the basket and walked
out. Hunting human flesh!

I put this in the 50+, figured they would get the biggest kick out
of it!

WTF? You feeling a bit daft today?

Dudelsack 02-19-12 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Retro Grouch (Post 13871896)
This is going to be a great year for bike riding because you're not going to want to get too close to a television set.

During the Florida primary the local stations RAN OUT of commercial time - and that's just the primary. The super PACs are going to have literally tons of money to spend and they don't even have to reveal whom the money came from. It's going to be nasty, it's going to be loud, it's all going to be lies, and it's going to be hard to avoid.

Isn't this a bike forum? Isn't there a P&R forum to weigh in with such mighty sentiments if you so choose? Or do you believe the personal is political and you have every right to invade non-political discussions?

Some of want to remain sane during the political season and appreciate there being sanctuaries where we can get away from all the crap. Must you drag politics into everything?

JohnDThompson 02-19-12 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by missjean (Post 13870365)

And a comic book:

http://www.os2.dhs.org/~john/bicycle-zombie-slayer.jpg

Phil85207 02-19-12 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by Dudelsack (Post 13872045)
Isn't this a bike forum? Isn't there a P&R forum to weigh in with such mighty sentiments if you so choose? Or do you believe the personal is political and you have every right to invade non-political discussions?

Some of want to remain sane during the political season and appreciate there being sanctuaries where we can get away from all the crap. Must you drag politics into everything?

I feel your pain but politics is in everything, and about everything and affects everything. Its hard to separate the two.

JanMM 02-19-12 12:45 PM

Everything is fair game in 50+.

I haven't written or read anything truly political/ideological in this thread............