Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

50 again!

Old 01-12-05, 08:37 PM
Fortunatissimo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
50 again!

Nah, not the age. I'm long past that and there's no going back. But today, nine months after a reckless driver broke my leg, I did my first 50-mile ride since the injury. Before the unlicensed, uninsured young lady smashed me up, I did a 50 mile ride on Wednesdays (yes, I am retired). It feels so great to be really getting back in the groove.

High pressure has returned to northern California. It was sunny, but windy and cold--cold for us, I mean. My ride took me up some redwood-filled canyons and then out to the beach. The ocean always looks better than usual when you're high on endorphins. There were a couple of steep climbs, but generally just a moderate hilly ride. I feel so lucky and blessed to be able to get back to being able to do this.

Anybody else reach any little milestones recently?
Old 01-13-05, 06:18 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I was off the bike for three months due to a cornea transplant and the first ride back was about twenty miles, felt great like meeting an old friend again. I'll quit cycling some day but not yet.
Old 01-13-05, 07:20 AM
Banned.

Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Figaro

I did my first 50-mile ride since the injury. Before the unlicensed, uninsured young lady smashed me up, I did a 50 mile ride on Wednesdays (yes, I am retired). It feels so great to be really getting back in the groove.
Yes, contrary to popular belief, this is why this forum is entitled "50+"

And, congratulation!