Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

Holly Molly! KK Road Machine!

Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Holly Molly! KK Road Machine!

Old 01-29-13, 01:00 AM
Council of the Elders

Bikes: 1990 Schwinn Crosscut, 5 Lemonds

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Bikey Mikey
As far as I can tell, and I'm sure I'm correct, the only difference between the RR and RM is the frame. The mat looks interesting Billydonn. It looks, other than the Kinetic logo, just like interlocking mats you can get at many stores. I've seen those type of mats even at Sam's Club. The Giant mat I got is 3 feet x 6 feet and comes with velcro straps and a duffel type bag to keep it stored and for portability. I opted to get this mat instead of Blackburn or some other brand since I could easily store the mat away. I love how the KK RM can fold for easy storage. So far I've left it set up, the RM that is, but when we have visitors and need to use the spare bedroom, I'll be able to easily put it all away.
Correct. In my case the KK mat serves to dampen resonant vibration that comes from using the Pro flywheel in a wood frame room. I'm sure other mats would work fine too.

And the RnR is heavier and more difficult to stash away. I still hope Skilsaw will explain his difficulties keeping the bike vertical on the RnR.
Old 02-01-13, 06:07 PM
Council of the Elders

Bikes: 1990 Schwinn Crosscut, 5 Lemonds

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by skilsaw
I chose the KK Rock n' Roll because it was supposed to be "More Advanced" than the Road Machine. I wish I had the Road Machine. I have difficulty holding the bike vertical in the R n' R and it is very different than balancing a bike while I ride.
Like you, I have the larger flywheel and think it is great. And the guts of the machine, the resistor, is also well built and functions well.
I still don't quite understand this issue. If the bike is not vertical when you set it up in the machine, loosen these two bolts, square the bike, and then re-tighten.

If you are using the KK turntable front wheel block, get rid of it for a fixed one. It's totally unrealistic.
See a physician about vertigo if none of these apply.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
P1040539.jpg (93.1 KB, 6 views)