Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

Why I wander back here.

Search
Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Why I wander back here.

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-13, 08:16 AM

Bikes: Lectric Xpedition.

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked 96 Times in 46 Posts
Why I wander back here.

1. Good ideas. I just volunteered to be a roving SAGer for our major club ride this fall. I got the idea recently on this forum. Don't think it would have occurred to me otherwise.

2. Good guys don't always finish last. OK, good guys, you know who you are. Good to see people thriving against the odds.

3. Where else can I come to whine about back pain and sciatica and not receive a simple shrug-off?

4. Travelogues, pics and stories. You guys with the cameras rock. Those who can go to esoteric places (or live there to begin with, such as our Malaysian friend) perk up the place. Vivid imaginations and a gift for embellishment also help. I'd like to think I can turn a simple ride down to Floyd Fork Park into a quest for Goatman or a run in with the zombie farm. What if Goatman wandered by accident onto the zombie farm? That could get weird in a hurry.

5. That's it for now. Bummed out because two weeks off the bikes and a double century of weekend Memorial Day call has left me weakened and demoralized. Going to settle for walking the dogs.

Old 05-29-13, 04:59 PM
gone ride'n

Bikes: Simoncini, Gary Fisher, Specialized Tarmac

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I think it's ADD