Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

A First On The MUP

Search
Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

A First On The MUP

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-13, 06:50 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 5 Posts
A First On The MUP

While riding on the MUP today I came to an intersection where a vehicle had pulled right into to the middle of the crosswalk and about a foot away from the curb. After I almost fell over trying to get around the vehicle I turned around, pointed to the crosswalk and growled to the driver "this is a crosswalk". The driver proceeded to honk his horn at me, get out of his vehicle and drop the F bomb at me. I thought about getting off my bike to see what the driver would do next but, I thought better of it and rode off.
Old 09-08-13, 07:04 PM

Bikes: 2018 Roubaix Expert Di2, 2016 Diverge Expert X1

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 482 Post(s)
Liked 151 Times in 105 Posts
Guess he thought he had the right to be an a$$hole.

Worse is the drivers that zoom past the solid white line without looking while you are crossing. I almost got nailed several times. Luckily I have a loud yell and their windows have been open in each instance.
Old 09-08-13, 07:22 PM
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
I'm about done playing with these fools. Time's coming when they're gonna get stunned and/or peppered.

Had one the other day almost run me into someone's hedges -- fifteen feet off the STREET! His tires brushed the curb on the wrong side of the street! Chalk up one for a mountain bike's versatility.

Beginning to feel like 'Budd' from Kill Bill 2 -- he was ready to unload a whole can of pepper spray in 'The Bride's' eyes before burying her alive.... After a lot of peaceful rides, that was an unwelcome change.
Old 09-08-13, 07:51 PM

Bikes: KHS Alite 500, Trek 7.2 FX , Masi Partenza, Masi Fixed Special, Masi Cran Criterium

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 19 Times in 11 Posts
I always carry a camera phone. Take a picture, get the license plate in it, and send it to your local parking enforcment division. Try to do it with out creating a conforntation.
Old 09-09-13, 06:06 AM

Bikes: Old Bike: 1975 Raleigh Delta, New Bike: 2004 Norco Bushpilot

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by CommuteCommando
I always carry a camera phone. Take a picture, get the license plate in it, and send it to your local parking enforcment division. Try to do it with out creating a conforntation.
File your complaint at the local police station, they will figure out which department will deal with the complaint. Unfortunately the vehicle owner may not be the driver, and they will state such to the officer....