Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

Time to play "Musical Saddles" LOL!

Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Old 11-15-14, 12:59 PM
Jinkster

Bikes: 2013 Specialized CrossTrail Disc,2004 Giant OCR3,1999 Trek Mountain Track Sport 800

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

So with the "FINAL" addition of the Specialized Crosstrail Disc to my stable?....some rearranging of the furniture seemed to be in order and what started out as...

(front too back)

Trek Mountain Track w/ ISM Adamo Saddle

Giant OCR3 w/ Specialized Romin Evo Comp Gel Saddle

Specialized Crosstrail w/ Stock Specialized Targa Bodygeometry Saddle

Turned into me thinking...man...The ISM Adamo really belongs on the Giant OCR RB...and since I'm leaning towards counting on the ruggedly fast yet rigidly smooth and far more versatile Crosstrail to be my "All Around Commuter"?...I think I am going to go ahead and stretch it out just a bit more by replacing the 50deg short stem with the 10deg longer one in which case?...the romin evo would not only look great but should be functionally comfortable with the slightly more aggressive ergo's and finally?...I figured the Trek Mountain Track would really appreciate the nearly new and well padded stock Specialized Targa Saddle off the Crosstrail so out came the wrenches and?....

VIOLA!

The Crosstrail Disc has rapidly won my heart over closely followed by (believe it or not) the $120 Trek Mountain Track I bought...and I think it's because I literally hate being on my Giant OCR3 RB pedaling around repeatedly saying things to myself like.....

"Okay..where can I go now...Nope...can't go there...gotta go around and figure out how to get there...oh!...and watch out for that bump, pothole or ditch and by all means?...KEEP OFF THE GRASS!"

and I don't like that part of it but these things are NEVER an issue with the Xtrail or the Mountain Track as they are both...go anywhere, anytime kind of bikes..think I found my preffered personal niche and it's mostly driven by the riding conditions of where I live...but I am going to hot rod up the Xtrail...it is...."My Bike Of Bikes!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
musicalsaddles1.jpg (43.0 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg
musicalsaddles2.jpg (43.4 KB, 11 views)