Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Fifty Plus (50+) (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/)
-   -   Turned 50 in August, so I thought.... (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/984228-turned-50-august-so-i-thought.html)

IndianaRecRider 12-03-14 07:19 PM

Turned 50 in August, so I thought....
 
....I'd pop in the 50+ forum to say "Hello" and to see what type of topics are discussed 'round these parts. I like what I see. :)

Just got back on the bike yesterday after an almost four month layoff. Lost most of my conditioning, but I'm hoping it returns somewhat quickly. Also returned to BF yesterday, also after the same almost four month layoff. I guess that's the reason I haven't posted here sooner.

Anyway, I'll be stopping by from time to time to chime in on the discussions, or start one of my own.

Y'all take care and have a blessed day!!!

:)

big john 12-03-14 08:53 PM

Welcome! People will talk about nearly anything on this forum and there is a wide range of rider ability, as I'm sure you've noticed.
Oh, everyone around here seems to like pie, as well.

Dirt Road 12-03-14 08:57 PM

And pie likes some of us a little too much. Welcome to 50! (Once upon a time, I had to pull out my AARP card to prove I was a "senior citizen." Then they started asking me politely, "Are you a senior citizen?" Yesterday, a young girl at a counter took one look and gave me the senior citizen discount.)

FBinNY 12-03-14 09:08 PM

Welcome to the forum. I also turned 50 in August, except (unfortunately) it was many August ago.

However, I'm a bit confused, You live in Indiana and were off the bike for all of August, September, October and November, then decided that December in Indiana was just the time to try to regain whatever condition you lost. Are you a polar bear?

Anyway, welcome back and let's keep our fingers crossed for a warm, dry winter.

IndianaRecRider 12-03-14 09:14 PM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 17360435)
Welcome! People will talk about nearly anything on this forum and there is a wide range of rider ability, as I'm sure you've noticed.
Oh, everyone around here seems to like pie, as well.

Give me a good pumpkin pie and some real whipped creme and I'm good to go!! :D

IndianaRecRider 12-03-14 09:19 PM


Originally Posted by FBinNY (Post 17360470)
Welcome to the forum. I also turned 50 in August, except (unfortunately) it was many August ago.

However, I'm a bit confused, You live in Indiana and were off the bike for all of August, September, October and November, then decided that December in Indiana was just the time to try to regain whatever condition you lost. Are you a polar bear?

Anyway, welcome back and let's keep our fingers crossed for a warm, dry winter.

Nope, not a polar bear. Penguin actually. LOL!! :D

No, I'll be doing most of my "rides" on my new trainer. When it comes to cold weather, I'll freely admit to being a wimp. Didn't used to be when I was a kid/teenager, but since I got back to cycling about 12 years ago, I just can't go the cold anymore. If it's below 40F, I'm indoors.

qcpmsame 12-04-14 06:24 AM

Welcome to the 50+ gang, the asylum always has room for another old geezer to settle in. No matter where you are getting the miles in, outside, or on a trainer, you are in the right place fir bicycles and talking about them. A picture of you and the bicycle are mandatory, you've already met the pie requirement:thumb:. You do need to schedule a colonoscopy:twitchy:, if you haven't already had that taken care of. Hope that the 4 months away weren't anything serious for you, too.

Bill(Ol' Twitchy)

OldsCOOL 12-04-14 09:10 AM

Welcome! Whatever you do, dont overthink it.

BobbyG 12-05-14 08:49 AM

Knock, Knock. Hoosier? Welcome to the forum!

IndianaRecRider 12-05-14 01:26 PM


Originally Posted by qcpmsame (Post 17361004)
Welcome to the 50+ gang, the asylum always has room for another old geezer to settle in. No matter where you are getting the miles in, outside, or on a trainer, you are in the right place fir bicycles and talking about them. A picture of you and the bicycle are mandatory, you've already met the pie requirement:thumb:. You do need to schedule a colonoscopy:twitchy:, if you haven't already had that taken care of. Hope that the 4 months away weren't anything serious for you, too.

Bill(Ol' Twitchy)

Okay, here's the bike, a Fuji Absolute 1.4....
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/b...ps9fa030bc.jpg




And here's me from around mid to late May, I think (yes I'm a sweatpants wearing Fred LOL!!)...
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/b...ps61fae24d.png

:)

qcpmsame 12-05-14 05:33 PM

Very nice bicycle, nicely set up, too. Doesn't matter what you choose to wear when you ride, as long as you're riding. Best wishes on your riding, too.

Bill

Timtruro 12-07-14 09:20 AM

Please find a white garage door to take pictures of your bike in front of.......sort of a requirement here. Just kidding, welcome back to BF and enjoy the rides.

IndianaRecRider 12-07-14 02:27 PM


Originally Posted by Timtruro (Post 17369139)
Please find a white garage door to take pictures of your bike in front of.......sort of a requirement here.

Well, I've never been one to follow rules / requirements, so.....http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/b...lies/tt2-1.gif




Just kidding
I know. Just having some fun as well :)




welcome back to BF and enjoy the rides.
Thanks!! http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/b...s/thumbsup.gif

FBinNY 12-07-14 02:46 PM

Since you felt free to violate the white garage door rule, I'm a bit curious about the spot you chose.

I can't figure out why the one section of railing is different. Did they close off an area that used to be used for boat loading or something? Or is that section lower to make it easier for wise guys to push their taller friends into the drink?

Cheers

IndianaRecRider 12-07-14 02:54 PM


Originally Posted by FBinNY (Post 17370002)
Since you felt free to violate the white garage door rule, I'm a bit curious about the spot you chose.

I can't figure out why the one section of railing is different. Did they close off an area that used to be used for boat loading or something? Or is that section lower to make it easier for wise guys to push their taller friends into the drink?

Cheers

Was out for an early morning ride that took me up to Lake Michigan. The pic was taken at the end of the walking pier in Whiting Park (Whiting, IND) where I stopped to rest for a few minutes before heading back towards home.

Not sure why they did the railing that way. A lot of people fish along the pier, so maybe that had something to do with it.

:)


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:40 PM.


Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.