Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  


Go Back   > >

Folding Bikes Discuss the unique features and issues of folding bikes. Also a great place to learn what folding bike will work best for your needs.

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-30-17, 10:14 AM   #26
HGR3inOK 
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Oklahoma, U.S.A.
Bikes: Brompton H6L-X, Dahon Curve D3
Posts: 813
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by theador View Post
Hi, yes sorry, it's not come through, hopefully they'll free me up soon
My private message was to junkycosmos, but I have responded to your pm.

-HANK RYAN-
Norman, Oklahoma USA
__________________
DISCLOSURE: I have an ownership interest in a company that is an authorized dealer for Brompton.
HGR3inOK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-17, 08:41 PM   #27
junkycosmos
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Bikes:
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HGR3inOK View Post
My private message was to junkycosmos, but I have responded to your pm.

-HANK RYAN-
Norman, Oklahoma USA

Thx. Got your message. Thought I replied but must not have, sorry! Yes thx for your note. Ideally looking for an H stem. For now I might toss on a chepo riser bars as the S is killing me. Brompto’ dealer told me “hey we can convert ya for $500 but oh you wouldn’t mind a black stem on your white bike would ya ?” ... “oh and sorry we forgot to call you back next day, good thing you called ya week later to follow up, when will you be in ?”
... umm ya.

Not to be grumpy but if I’m going to pay full price account like the job to be done right. Otherwise might as well Frankenstein my own.

So for now I’d take any color H Stem and just get it painted.

Last edited by junkycosmos; 11-05-17 at 08:48 PM.
junkycosmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-17, 08:51 PM   #28
junkycosmos
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Bikes:
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Meanwhile I’m still a bit confused about pre-2017 H stem versus the new 2017 H-stem.

Seem maybe in 2017 the H and M bars are the same but the H stem is taller while pre 2017 the H and M bars were different: with the H bars being taller. So did that mean the H and M stem where the same pre 2017 ??
junkycosmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-17, 10:59 PM   #29
HGR3inOK 
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Oklahoma, U.S.A.
Bikes: Brompton H6L-X, Dahon Curve D3
Posts: 813
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by junkycosmos View Post
Meanwhile I’m still a bit confused about pre-2017 H stem versus the new 2017 H-stem.

Seem maybe in 2017 the H and M bars are the same but the H stem is taller while pre 2017 the H and M bars were different: with the H bars being taller. So did that mean the H and M stem where the same pre 2017 ??
The pre-2017 H and M stem are not the same. They use the same handlebars as does the 2017 H and M, but the H stem is ~2"-3" longer than the M stem. Since the 2017 handle bar appears to be slighter shorter than the pre-2017 handle bar, I expect that the 2017 H and M stems are slightly longer than their pre-2017 counterparts. My understanding is that the handle bar heights for 2017 H and M models are the same as the pre-2017 models,

-HANK RYAN-
Norman, Oklahoma USA
__________________
DISCLOSURE: I have an ownership interest in a company that is an authorized dealer for Brompton.
HGR3inOK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-17, 01:32 AM   #30
berlinonaut
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Bikes:
Posts: 220
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HGR3inOK View Post
The pre-2017 H and M stem are not the same. They use the same handlebars as does the 2017 H and M, but the H stem is ~2"-3" longer than the M stem. Since the 2017 handle bar appears to be slighter shorter than the pre-2017 handle bar, I expect that the 2017 H and M stems are slightly longer than their pre-2017 counterparts. My understanding is that the handle bar heights for 2017 H and M models are the same as the pre-2017 models,
And you are totally right with all you said!
berlinonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:56 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    get answers from real people!
Click to start entering your question.
I HAVE A QUESTION