Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Folding Bikes
Reload this Page >

Downtube folding bike

Notices
Folding Bikes Discuss the unique features and issues of folding bikes. Also a great place to learn what folding bike will work best for your needs.

Downtube folding bike

Old 04-30-07, 10:48 AM
  #1326  
Senior Member
 
Polaris43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Long Beach, CA
Posts: 165
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Kabir
Big Apple 20x2.0 on IXNS

Has anyone ever tried that? Does IXNS have enough clearance for 20x2.0 tire?

Thanks
They fit on my VIIIH as well as the Mini (16" of course) so I can't imagine why they wouldn't fit on the IXNS.
Polaris43 is offline  
Old 05-02-07, 07:50 AM
  #1327  
Senior Member
 
Kabir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Waterloo, Ontario
Posts: 144

Bikes: Downtube IXNS

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yan told me that he was going to ship me a new hanger. Hasn't got here yet. I cannot wait so I tried this approach. I have a 10" crescent wrench. It seems to be pretty easy and it works. It is not perfectly straight yet but shifting is no problem now. I am actually a little surprised on how easy to bend a hanger. It didn't take much effort for me to bend back.

Thanks for the tip. Really appreciate it.

Originally Posted by Pine Cone
A 12" crescent wrench makes bending a bent derailleur hanger easy. Remove the derailleur, close the jaws of the wrench on the flats of the hanger. For vertical bends just move the wrench handle up or down. For horizontal bends I put a large screwdriver though the hole in the end of the wrench handle and then use the screwdriver handle to torque the wrench. You want the derailleur pulleys to "point" towards the chainrings in when the chain is on both the large and small sprockets on your freewheel/cluster. Do so at your own risk, but it should work pretty well. You can also take a 2x4 and cut a slot in it with a saw that is the width of your hanger... The key is a tight fit on the hanger and a long lever arm.
Kabir is offline  
Old 05-02-07, 12:33 PM
  #1328  
Senior Member
 
downtube's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Greensboro, NC
Posts: 1,498

Bikes: Many Downtube Folders :)

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 24 Times in 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Kabir
Yan told me that he was going to ship me a new hanger. Hasn't got here yet. I cannot wait so I tried this approach. I have a 10" crescent wrench. It seems to be pretty easy and it works. It is not perfectly straight yet but shifting is no problem now. I am actually a little surprised on how easy to bend a hanger. It didn't take much effort for me to bend back.

Thanks for the tip. Really appreciate it.

That's why I love our hangers they are made from very soft aluminum, and can be bent back numerous times. Stiffer hangers would be useless after only one bend.

Sorry my employees didn't send the hanger out fast enough for you. Please tell me if you need anything else.

Thanks,
Yan
downtube is offline  
Old 05-06-07, 01:03 PM
  #1329  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 65
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Road Biking in Mountain Bike God's Country

Road Biking in Mountain Bike God's Country
Actually it is fun no matter how you ride. Most of us Utah bike junkies take both bikes down here.
I had to take off my beloved Brooks Champion saddle to make that darn bike bottle contraption work, as water is MUCH needed down here. I also removed the Serfa bar ends, as these Cat Eye models are much more comfortable, and thanks to TheBaldOne for recommending that new stem, it helps so much.
I switched out those Hookworms, and put back the stock Kenda's--what was I thinking??? Though the second I left the paved roads and was on some real red rock desert sand, the Hookworms would have made a huge difference.
All in all, it was a great weekend.
Now I hope I can get the photos downloaded correctly. Rats, it is not going to work. I got "banned" by my work computer for visting Bike Forums too much (looking at all the touring bike setups ), so I will have to pick up my Canon software from work, and download it at home to bring the photos down to the acceptable 100 mb size by Bike Forums. I just opened a
Flickr account, so you can see the photos here.

Let me know if this works. Perhaps someone can take the photos and reduce them to acceptable size.
LuckyLyndy is offline  
Old 05-07-07, 09:02 AM
  #1330  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 114
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
So the Cateye bar ends, worked out well. I have some long old giant ends. I might have to try the Cateye if Icycles still has them. Any idea how they compare with the Crank Creek barends?

Nice pictures, surprised you have fenders on it in Moab, but I heard that it did rain there this weekend. Is that a front rack?

I had some folks over for dinner Saturday and showed my folder to a guy that used to bike often, he called it heavy. I was offended, I have done a lot to lighten my ride. It wasn't bad (for a folder) in the first place. I may have to do that stem change out to the dahon, stem. I need to hear back from Loch about how his stem he order was like. If it was different than the temperary stem he placed on it etc, etc.

Can anyone report using more pressure on the stock tires than 65psi?

Does anyone have the stock wheelset and cassette lying around that they are willing to give up/ sale? If so please pm me.

Or perhaps there is an inexpensive wheelset available that would be good for a second set of wheels if anyone out there knows where to point me? Thanks.
Baldone is offline  
Old 05-07-07, 05:45 PM
  #1331  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 65
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yes, the Cat Eye bar ends were more comfortable than the Serfas, but the jury is still out on the Cane Creek, which are supposedly the most comfortable.
I didn't need the fenders, but see no need to take them off for rambling on the road.
That stem you suggested was an excellent idea BaldOne. Don't get too upset with that person's comment about weight. I have to say that they do feel heavy. I don't know the weight difference between the Swift steel and AL, but that steel one I rode in Eugene last month felt light.
And compared to the Bike Friday's Pocket Rocket, their Ti version and the Air Friday...big difference.
But so is the price. I would tend to agree with you that outside of tires, a good wheelset will lighten the load quite a bit. But what do I know, I like to ride with a Brooks! But not on this trip. Had to ditch the Brooks to make the Minoura water caddy work.
Now lets see if I get under the Bike Forum's rules on photo size:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
MoabTracks1MB.JPG (70.0 KB, 134 views)
File Type: jpg
DeadHorseStateParkRdMB1.JPG (70.6 KB, 148 views)
LuckyLyndy is offline  
Old 05-10-07, 02:14 PM
  #1332  
Bring That Beat Back
 
Old Dirt Hill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: I lost my legs
Posts: 937
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
So I'm looking for my first folder (for commuting) and after doing a lot of research I think I'm going to jump in and buy a DT NS off of eBay. What do these bikes usually go for on eBay and should I waste my time waiting for a good deal or just buy one off of the downtube website?

Thanks
Old Dirt Hill is offline  
Old 05-10-07, 02:24 PM
  #1333  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Philadelphia PA
Posts: 467
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Old Dirt Hill
So I'm looking for my first folder (for commuting) and after doing a lot of research I think I'm going to jump in and buy a DT NS off of eBay. What do these bikes usually go for on eBay and should I waste my time waiting for a good deal or just buy one off of the downtube website?
When I bought my IXNS (late February) auctions for the NS were ending in the range of $180 to $230, varying wildly. Most auctions had 10-25 bids. It took me almost two weeks and 10 auction tries before I finally won. Don't know if the auctions are ending higher now that the weather is nicer.

Whether you buy direct or buy via ebay depends on how much (calendar) time you have, whether what you are WILLING to spend (don't forget the shipping cost) is how much less than the direct price, and of course how much you value the time you want to spend bidding & losing to save $50-100 off the direct price.

[edit - I just looked, and the one ending in 6 hrs is already $247! so it will probably end a little bit higher. Downtube's direct price is $329. That's not a big enough difference for the annoyance factor. But I've got mine already :-)
JugglerDave is offline  
Old 05-10-07, 02:51 PM
  #1334  
Senior Member
 
downtube's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Greensboro, NC
Posts: 1,498

Bikes: Many Downtube Folders :)

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 24 Times in 17 Posts
Originally Posted by CrimsonEclipse
To all of you DT owners (and YAN)

Can this bike take a beating?
I mean off the curb, bumps at 25mph, occasional pot hole and offroad (like a fire trail)

How often have there been frame or component failures.

Finally, how much bob do you get with the full suspension?

Thanks.

CE
I personally test all our bikes. I have been mountain biking on all our 20" wheel bikes. I contantly jump curbs with my FS.....no problem.

FYI Our quality control is top notch. We would not be able to sell these bikes for $300-$400 if we had many warranty claims.

Thanks,
Yan
downtube is offline  
Old 05-10-07, 02:59 PM
  #1335  
Senior Member
 
downtube's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Greensboro, NC
Posts: 1,498

Bikes: Many Downtube Folders :)

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 24 Times in 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Old Dirt Hill
So I'm looking for my first folder (for commuting) and after doing a lot of research I think I'm going to jump in and buy a DT NS off of eBay. What do these bikes usually go for on eBay and should I waste my time waiting for a good deal or just buy one off of the downtube website?

Thanks
Keep in mind the warranty and return policy is different for ebay bikes.

Thanks,
Yan
downtube is offline  
Old 05-10-07, 03:04 PM
  #1336  
Eschew Obfuscation
 
SesameCrunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Posts: 3,845

Bikes: 2005 Fuji Professional, 2002 Lemond Zurich, Folders - Strida, Merc, Dahon, Downtube, Recumbent folder

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CrimsonEclipse
To all of you DT owners (and YAN)

Can this bike take a beating?
I mean off the curb, bumps at 25mph, occasional pot hole and offroad (like a fire trail)

How often have there been frame or component failures.

Finally, how much bob do you get with the full suspension?

Thanks.

CE
I am 6'0 187lbs. I ride primarily on paved roads and feel very, very secure with the various models of DTs I have owned. Frame hinge is very solid. Stem/handlebar setup feels solid, even when standing on pedals and pulling on bars. I have no concerns about frame weakness.
SesameCrunch is offline  
Old 05-10-07, 03:35 PM
  #1337  
Bring That Beat Back
 
Old Dirt Hill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: I lost my legs
Posts: 937
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by downtube
Keep in mind the warranty and return policy is different for ebay bikes.

Thanks,
Yan
I did not know that...is this information clearly stated somewhere (link?) or can you elaborate here? Thanks for making great bikes (I hope to be able to say this with first hand experience sooner than later!).
Old Dirt Hill is offline  
Old 05-10-07, 07:20 PM
  #1338  
Senior Member
 
downtube's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Greensboro, NC
Posts: 1,498

Bikes: Many Downtube Folders :)

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 24 Times in 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Old Dirt Hill
I did not know that...is this information clearly stated somewhere (link?) or can you elaborate here? Thanks for making great bikes (I hope to be able to say this with first hand experience sooner than later!).
ebay bikes have a 30 day warranty.....not 1 year and they do not have a satisfaction guarantee

Thanks,
Yan
downtube is offline  
Old 05-10-07, 07:37 PM
  #1339  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 328
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by downtube
FYI Our quality control is top notch. We would not be able to sell these bikes for $300-$400 if we had many warranty claims.
As others may have seen my posts, there are repeated problems in the bikes that would be caught by QC or corrected in a well-supervised assembly process. I think you've been quite lucky in that the majority of the people that have bought the bikes have not disassembled them or are bike-mechanic savvy enough to know what's wrong.

All of the bolts (removable parts) were overtorqued on the IXNS I had. The bottom bracket was torque'd >4 times over spec. The lock nuts on the hubs were either over torqued or not torqued at all. The headset was too tight. The bottom bracket was improperly tapped, the first time I've ever seen this happen (on both my downtubes). The hinged frame halves were not matched correctly, causing the QR to raise them to position on the last degrees of its closing (which has been the case with several people I've corresponded with). Some of these are uncorrectable flaws, that would normally produce problems down the road, well outside of the relatively short warranty period, or outside of the period when others would wish to take things off so that they can upgrade them. Several of these items are not items that one would typically check on a "bike shop setup" (ie, they won't adjust the hubs, they won't drop the tension of the headset (they'd fix it if it were loose), they won't unscrew the BB and then torque it properly).

While it's difficult to quantify what the value of these flaws is or if this consitutes [these bikes] not being a value, it's not correct to saw that QC is top notch. And if you were that confident of your QC, you would not have problems offering more than 30 days or 1 year warranties. And then sticking strictly to these periods when issues come up. I'm not being a troll here and have intended only in posting facts and not opinions and letting others draw their own conclusions, but this mythical "great value" common statement simply can not be concluded in such a short period of time. I admire your philosophy and desire to increase bicycle saturation in the public, which was the very reason I bought two of them starting with a small company back in 2005, but there are some requesite qualifications and acknowledgements in being able to achieve this to comply with such goals. No one decides this now. They decide this in a few years when it's still working great and the walmart bike has been thrown to the landfill.

Last edited by jasong; 05-10-07 at 07:50 PM.
jasong is offline  
Old 05-11-07, 01:51 AM
  #1340  
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,294
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Does anyone forsee any problems I might have using a front fender from planet bike on the rear wheel of my VIIIH?

I don't really understand why fenders designed for the front are different from fenders designed for the rear, but I think the rear-designed fender is too long. Will the Planet Bike front fender work ok on the rear or should I go with the shorter SKS fenders instead?
makeinu is offline  
Old 05-11-07, 06:58 AM
  #1341  
Bring That Beat Back
 
Old Dirt Hill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: I lost my legs
Posts: 937
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hmm...I notice the max weight for a rider is different between eBay and the DT.com bikes. Is this an oversight or is there really a weight difference? I'm a fairly heavy guy (200lbs) and plan on using this bike to commute so I'll be carrying some various other things with me.

Should I worry?
Old Dirt Hill is offline  
Old 05-11-07, 07:29 AM
  #1342  
Senior Member
 
downtube's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Greensboro, NC
Posts: 1,498

Bikes: Many Downtube Folders :)

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 24 Times in 17 Posts
Originally Posted by jasong
As others may have seen my posts, there are repeated problems in the bikes that would be caught by QC or corrected in a well-supervised assembly process. I think you've been quite lucky in that the majority of the people that have bought the bikes have not disassembled them or are bike-mechanic savvy enough to know what's wrong.

All of the bolts (removable parts) were overtorqued on the IXNS I had. The bottom bracket was torque'd >4 times over spec. The lock nuts on the hubs were either over torqued or not torqued at all. The headset was too tight. The bottom bracket was improperly tapped, the first time I've ever seen this happen (on both my downtubes). The hinged frame halves were not matched correctly, causing the QR to raise them to position on the last degrees of its closing (which has been the case with several people I've corresponded with). Some of these are uncorrectable flaws, that would normally produce problems down the road, well outside of the relatively short warranty period, or outside of the period when others would wish to take things off so that they can upgrade them. Several of these items are not items that one would typically check on a "bike shop setup" (ie, they won't adjust the hubs, they won't drop the tension of the headset (they'd fix it if it were loose), they won't unscrew the BB and then torque it proper
While it's difficult to quantify what the value of these flaws is or if this consitutes [these bikes] not being a value, it's not correct to saw that QC is top notch. And if you were that confident of your QC, you would not have problems offering more than 30 days or 1 year warranties. And then sticking strictly to these periods when issues come up. I'm not being a troll here and have intended only in posting facts and not opinions and letting others draw their own conclusions, but this mythical "great value" common statement simply can not be concluded in such a short period of time. I admire your philosophy and desire to increase bicycle saturation in the public, which was the very reason I bought two of them starting with a small company back in 2005, but there are some requesite qualifications and acknowledgements in being able to achieve this to comply with such goals. No one decides this now. They decide this in a few years when it's still working great and the walmart bike has been thrown to the landfill.
You have made similar unfair claims in the past and I have ignored them. What are you comparing our bikes to?

Let's look at the big picture. FYI I have owned over 100 bikes over the years, and sold thousands ( not just Downtube ). I was a Dahon dealer for 4 years before I starting the Downtube....we sold about 1000 Dahon's. Dahon's are nice bikes, however they had many problems. First the packing/shipping boxes were horrible and at least 3% were damaged in shipping (we are under 1%). The bikes that were not damaged in shipping, were setup much worse than the average Downtube.....don't believe me go to a shop and assemble a few Dahon's then we'll see what you think. I have had 4 broken Dahon frames ( greater than .4%) vs 1 broken Downtube (less than .02%)....a 20 fold difference. Dahon also had more misaligned frames, and repeated issues with their frame hinge breaking, magnetix system falling apart after a few uses. Don't forget the Pantour hub problems (only a small percentage actually worked as advertized) and old Matrix & Zero-G rebar frames in which top and bottom do not line up.


In short I believe I have the qualifications to comment on our quality control compared to our competitors. I am not comparing our bikes to a $3500 road bike, or a high end mountain bike....is that what you are doing? Please compare apples to apples. You may know more than a layperson about bikes, but do you know enough about this market segment to comment as though you are the authority?

Our warranty is 1 year on all bikes sold on our shopping cart ( 30 day on ebay )....same as all our competitors. Maybe you should tell them to increase their warranty periods.

Now let's look at your specific situation. #1 You told me that 2 of the 3 BB's you installed fit, this is a cause for concern since one did not fit. I talked with my factory about it, however 2 BB's DID fit. Therefore your bike can be used as......a bike. #2 I offered to examine your frame hinge after your 30 day warranty was over. You did not respond, hence I assumed the issue was resolved...then I get an email from you well over a month my offer asking to send it in. I responded it was too late....I was nice enough to offer you money for the trouble. I will never do that again.


I believe you should buy some of our competitors products. I have a feeling you will less happy with their bikes.

I will not comment on any more negative claims. Our customers have spoken, and over 90% of the posts here are positive.....I will keep with the positive tone on this forum.

Thanks,
Yan

Last edited by downtube; 05-11-07 at 07:37 AM.
downtube is offline  
Old 05-11-07, 07:33 AM
  #1343  
Senior Member
 
downtube's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Greensboro, NC
Posts: 1,498

Bikes: Many Downtube Folders :)

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 24 Times in 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Old Dirt Hill
Hmm...I notice the max weight for a rider is different between eBay and the DT.com bikes. Is this an oversight or is there really a weight difference? I'm a fairly heavy guy (200lbs) and plan on using this bike to commute so I'll be carrying some various other things with me.

Should I worry?
The max weight should be the same on both sites. Are you referring to different bikes? Different bikes have different max weights. FYI I am around 200lbs.

Thanks,
Yan
downtube is offline  
Old 05-11-07, 08:13 AM
  #1344  
Bring That Beat Back
 
Old Dirt Hill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: I lost my legs
Posts: 937
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I think these are the same bikes:

Rider max weight listed as 225lbs : Downtube website
Rider max weight listed as 245lbs : Finished eBay auction

Am I misreading something (very possible)?
Old Dirt Hill is offline  
Old 05-11-07, 08:25 AM
  #1345  
Senior Member
 
downtube's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Greensboro, NC
Posts: 1,498

Bikes: Many Downtube Folders :)

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 24 Times in 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Old Dirt Hill
I think these are the same bikes:

Rider max weight listed as 225lbs : Downtube website
Rider max weight listed as 245lbs : Finished eBay auction

Am I misreading something (very possible)?
Thanks for the info. I will change the weight limit on ebay to 225lb....it was a typo.

Thanks again,
Yan
downtube is offline  
Old 05-11-07, 10:09 AM
  #1346  
Senior Member
 
JosephLMonti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 476
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
I was on the DT website and noticed that the Full Suspension model also comes in pink and the Non Suspension model also comes in blue. Has it always been this way and I just didn't notice, or are these new colors?
JosephLMonti is offline  
Old 05-11-07, 10:13 AM
  #1347  
Senior Member
 
downtube's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Greensboro, NC
Posts: 1,498

Bikes: Many Downtube Folders :)

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 24 Times in 17 Posts
Originally Posted by JosephLMonti
I was on the DT website and noticed that the Full Suspension model also comes in pink and the Non Suspension model also comes in blue. Has it always been this way and I just didn't notice, or are these new colors?
They are new colors. We will a few more colors in 2008.

Thanks,
Yan
downtube is offline  
Old 05-11-07, 10:38 AM
  #1348  
Gone kayaking
 
mcgurme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 60

Bikes: Gary Fisher Sugar 2, Fat Chance Yo Eddy (electrified w/Currie drive system), GT ZR 4.0, Downtube IXNS

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Italy pics, pink bike, etc

Hey, Yan, I wanna pink one!!!! Will you trade my old one in? (never hurts to ask, right

So, anyway, we finally got a bunch of our Italy pictures posted, with plenty of pictures of the DT FS bikes in them. (There are about twice as many now as the first time I mentioned it, comprising the whole trip).

Perhaps the QC is not the same as a >$1k bike, but it is good enough that we trusted our health and safety to the bikes on narrow, twisty Italian roads for several hundred miles, and the bikes performed flawlessly - not a single mechanical problem, or even a flat (on the original tires).

Morgan
__________________
-------------------------------
We take a handful of sand from the endless landscape of awareness around us and call that handful of sand the world. - RM Pirsig
mcgurme is offline  
Old 05-11-07, 10:40 AM
  #1349  
Senior Member
 
downtube's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Greensboro, NC
Posts: 1,498

Bikes: Many Downtube Folders :)

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 24 Times in 17 Posts
Originally Posted by mcgurme
Hey, Yan, I wanna pink one!!!! Will you trade my old one in? (never hurts to ask, right

So, anyway, we finally got a bunch of our Italy pictures posted, with plenty of pictures of the DT FS bikes in them. (There are about twice as many now as the first time I mentioned it, comprising the whole trip).

Perhaps the QC is not the same as a >$1k bike, but it is good enough that we trusted our health and safety to the bikes on narrow, twisty Italian roads for several hundred miles, and the bikes performed flawlessly - not a single mechanical problem, or even a flat (on the original tires).

Morgan
Once again pics are amazing! Sorry no trade in's

Thanks,
Yan
downtube is offline  
Old 05-11-07, 10:49 AM
  #1350  
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,294
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by downtube
Our warranty is 1 year on all bikes sold on our shopping cart ( 30 day on ebay )....same as all our competitors. Maybe you should tell them to increase their warranty periods.
Doesn't Dahon offer a 5 year warranty on the frame....lifetime if you take it to a qualified bike mechanic before riding?
makeinu is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.