Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Folding Bikes
Reload this Page >

Good Quality Carbon Fiber Crankset

Notices
Folding Bikes Discuss the unique features and issues of folding bikes. Also a great place to learn what folding bike will work best for your needs.

Good Quality Carbon Fiber Crankset

Old 12-08-21, 06:45 PM
  #1  
singlespeedfold
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Posts: 31
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Good Quality Carbon Fiber Crankset

My current setup
Crankset: Shimano Alfine Hollowtech II , 170mm crank arm length, 130BCD, Single Speed 48T with integrated chain guard
Bottom Bracket: Shimano Ultegra Press Fit sealed bearing unit BB86

I would like to keep the bottom bracket and just upgrade the crank arms & spider to carbon fiber for further weight reduction .

THM is very good but the price is unaffordable.
Any recommendation?
singlespeedfold is offline  
Old 12-08-21, 07:13 PM
  #2  
pinholecam
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 569
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 208 Post(s)
Liked 85 Times in 68 Posts
Maybe consider the SRAM Red crankset. (the pre-12 speed version)
Its one of the lightest mainstream one on the market and easy to obtain.

I got one in combination with a SRAM Rival groupset and its lighter than a full Ultegra/Force set for cheaper.
pinholecam is offline  
Old 12-08-21, 10:57 PM
  #3  
Jipe
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 1,085
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 537 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 157 Times in 135 Posts
If you want to keep the bottom bracket, there aren't many affordable options.

Lightning has also lightweight carbon crankset but they aren't really cheap !

If you can change your BB, you have he excellent Campagnolo Super Record carbon crankset with titanium axle. You can easily find new old stock previous models 5 arms BCD135 for an affordable price (not only lightweight, also gorgeous).
Jipe is offline  
Old 12-08-21, 11:55 PM
  #4  
singlespeedfold
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Posts: 31
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post
Maybe consider the SRAM Red crankset. (the pre-12 speed version)
Its one of the lightest mainstream one on the market and easy to obtain.

I got one in combination with a SRAM Rival groupset and its lighter than a full Ultegra/Force set for cheaper.
This one?

SRAM RED CRANKSET

MODEL ID: FC-RED-C2
singlespeedfold is offline  
Old 12-08-21, 11:59 PM
  #5  
singlespeedfold
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Posts: 31
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jipe View Post
If you want to keep the bottom bracket, there aren't many affordable options.

Lightning has also lightweight carbon crankset but they aren't really cheap !

If you can change your BB, you have he excellent Campagnolo Super Record carbon crankset with titanium axle. You can easily find new old stock previous models 5 arms BCD135 for an affordable price (not only lightweight, also gorgeous).
Thanks for your advice.
My BB won't be changed for some reasons.
Yes, I have been looking at the Lightning one.
singlespeedfold is offline  
Old 12-09-21, 11:16 PM
  #6  
pinholecam
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 569
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 208 Post(s)
Liked 85 Times in 68 Posts
Originally Posted by singlespeedfold View Post
This one?

SRAM RED CRANKSET

MODEL ID: FC-RED-C2
Yes, this one.
pinholecam is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.