Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Foo (https://www.bikeforums.net/foo/)
-   -   Differnce Between cyclists and walkers (https://www.bikeforums.net/foo/101066-differnce-between-cyclists-walkers.html)

HaagenDas 04-20-05 05:10 PM

Differnce Between cyclists and walkers
 
Every morning I go for a stroll with Shogun. If we see anyone else walking there's always a cordial "hi".

Every day when I meet another cyclist 15% will say "Hi" the other 85% are too busy checking your bike out and or ignoring you :D

khuon 04-20-05 05:45 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I think this whole "cyclists are snobs" topic has been rehashed at least a dozen times so far this year and countless numbers of times in previous years...

BTW, anyone else remember these from their childhood?

Maelstrom 04-20-05 06:26 PM

I do...

and yes, cyclists are snobs is old. Heck I am a snob in general, When I am walking or cycling I am usually off in my own world, I sometimes don't even know I am passing people. Doesn't mean I am a snob, I am preoccupied. I do it at work to when I am trying to debug code while walking.

KrisPistofferson 04-20-05 06:28 PM

Cyclists are snobs=old. Shogun Warriors=awesome.

HaagenDas 04-20-05 06:37 PM

Shogun = she who must be obeyed.

HaagenDas 04-20-05 07:33 PM

Yeah, something like that Merts.

HaagenDas 04-20-05 08:15 PM

I've only got one seat on my bike Merton. I suppose she could sit on something else eh? :D

Blackberry 04-20-05 08:52 PM

Haggy, me lad, where ya been keepin' yerself? I though I saw you in those Area 51 photos, but then I realized it was ET's big brother.

RedHairedScot 04-20-05 09:31 PM

I'm so exhausted -- I thought you said you went walking with a SHOTGUN. I kid you not. And after all, who wouldn't show a bit of respect when passing a man wielding a shotgun?

I think I need more sleep.

HaagenDas 04-20-05 09:40 PM

BB, No way was that me. Whilst I do have some alien blood in me, I look fairly normal.

RHS. More sleep and stay off the sauce old mate. :D

Chucklehead 04-20-05 09:50 PM


Originally Posted by khuon
I think this whole "cyclists are snobs" topic has been rehashed at least a dozen times so far this year and countless numbers of times in previous years...

BTW, anyone else remember these from their childhood?

haha...
i still have all of mine. i collected those and others(macross, etc.)well into my highschool years in the late 80's and was made fun of for it, but my entire collection has been appraised at about $17,000. woohoo! yeah... who's laughing now, SUCKAS!!!!!

the toys they're making now are garbage.

forum*rider 04-20-05 10:07 PM

People think I'm a snob until they see me walk into a fire hydrant or something.

Then they realize I'm just preoccupied:)

Shogun warriors, my uncle has a couple I believe. Probably wouldn't be worth anything now, they are all beaten up and broken from being played with so much.

Rowan 04-20-05 11:15 PM


Originally Posted by khuon
I think this whole "cyclists are snobs" topic has been rehashed at least a dozen times so far this year and countless numbers of times in previous years...

BTW, anyone else remember these from their childhood?

Agreed on the first bit.

First time I read over that second bit, I thought it said "from their manhood", then "hold on, what did I miss out on?" :D

Blackberry 04-21-05 04:40 AM

Hagster, they are not snobs. They are merely admiring your shaved legs in reverential silence.

*new*guy 04-21-05 06:53 AM


Originally Posted by dog hair
haha...
i still have all of mine. i collected those and others(macross, etc.)well into my highschool years in the late 80's and was made fun of for it, but my entire collection has been appraised at about $17,000. woohoo! yeah... who's laughing now, SUCKAS!!!!!

the toys they're making now are garbage.

I had the full size Great Mazinga, but the smaller metal/plastic ones were the best. I was also a big fan of the metal bodied micronauts. heh.

I tend to be too focussed on what I'm doing to say hello to other cyclists... I will of course break my neck if the opportunity presents itself;) On foot, you have more time to interact.

HaagenDas 04-21-05 04:59 PM


Originally Posted by Blackberry
Hagster, they are not snobs. They are merely admiring your shaved legs in reverential silence.

I knew it had to be somethink.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:25 AM.


Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.