Go Back  Bike Forums > The Lounge > Foo
Reload this Page >

Funny or Interesting GIFs : Part three

Foo Off-Topic chit chat with no general subject.

Funny or Interesting GIFs : Part three

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-17, 10:42 AM
  #1  
Siu Blue Wind
BACK2ME
Thread Starter
 
Siu Blue Wind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 12,824
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1467 Post(s)
Funny or Interesting GIFs : Part three

Part two thread was taking too long to load because of all the gifs.

Here's your new one.

__________________
"Foolish, selfish people are always thinking of themselves and the result is always negative. Wise persons think of others, helping them as much as they can and the result is happiness. Love and compassion are beneficial both to you and others. Through your kindness to others, your mind and heart will open to peace. " ~ Dalai Lama

Originally Posted by making View Post
Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.
Siu Blue Wind is offline  
Old 02-02-17, 11:04 AM
  #2  
PatrickGSR94
Senior Member
 
PatrickGSR94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Memphis TN area
Posts: 7,428

Bikes: 2011 Felt Z85 (road/commuter), 2006 Marin Pine Mountain (utility/commuter E-bike), 1995 KHS Alite 1000 (gravel grinder)

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 672 Post(s)
It's still going to take a long time to load depending on how much is on each page. Shouldn't matter how many pages there are, but how many GIF's are on each page.
PatrickGSR94 is offline  
Old 02-02-17, 12:21 PM
  #3  
the sci guy 
bill nyecycles
 
the sci guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Houston TX
Posts: 2,580
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 406 Post(s)
Originally Posted by PatrickGSR94 View Post
It's still going to take a long time to load depending on how much is on each page. Shouldn't matter how many pages there are, but how many GIF's are on each page.
and also where they are hosted. large gifs hosted on slow hosts will load slowly.

edit: for instance that giraffe GIF from the last page of the previous thread was 5.5MB - which is huge. A new thread won't change that - not arguing, just FYIing
__________________
Twitter@theSurlyBiker
Instagram@theSurlyBiker
the sci guy is offline  
Old 02-02-17, 01:01 PM
  #4  
skijor
on by
 
skijor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 938

Bikes: Waterford RS-33, Salsa Vaya, Bacchetta Giro 20 ATT

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 576 Post(s)
Choosy mothers choose gifs.
skijor is offline  
Old 02-02-17, 07:47 PM
  #5  
Siu Blue Wind
BACK2ME
Thread Starter
 
Siu Blue Wind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 12,824
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1467 Post(s)
Originally Posted by the sci guy View Post
and also where they are hosted. large gifs hosted on slow hosts will load slowly.

edit: for instance that giraffe GIF from the last page of the previous thread was 5.5MB - which is huge. A new thread won't change that - not arguing, just FYIing
Okay. Just thought it would be faster. It worked for us last time. I'll close this and open the old one again.
__________________
"Foolish, selfish people are always thinking of themselves and the result is always negative. Wise persons think of others, helping them as much as they can and the result is happiness. Love and compassion are beneficial both to you and others. Through your kindness to others, your mind and heart will open to peace. " ~ Dalai Lama

Originally Posted by making View Post
Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.
Siu Blue Wind is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service