Go Back  Bike Forums > The Lounge > Foo
Reload this Page >

Cloud Seeding and Weather Manipulation

Notices
Foo Off-Topic chit chat with no general subject.

Cloud Seeding and Weather Manipulation

Old 05-31-21, 09:20 AM
  #1  
Bandrada
Bandolero
Thread Starter
 
Bandrada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Land of Enhancement
Posts: 422

Bikes: ...

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5504 Post(s)
Liked 196 Times in 178 Posts
Cloud Seeding and Weather Manipulation

So, it appears that new **** has come to light according to . How 'bout those chemtrails?

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020...llion-congress

I think I'm allergic to whatever they are seeding those clouds with ( I live a stone's throw from Sandia Laboratories and Los Alamos), because it messes with body something fierce. Anyone else allergic to chemtrails besides me?

TIA- Bryan
Bandrada is offline  
Old 05-31-21, 10:10 AM
  #2  
SkinGriz
Do cats eat bats?
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: LA
Posts: 425

Bikes: BigBox bikes.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 217 Post(s)
Liked 147 Times in 113 Posts
I think over LA they seed clouds with silver iodides. I don’t know if anyone includes cloud seeding material in allergen testing.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloud_seeding

It could be just a money handout. Then it wouldn’t matter if it causes adverse health reactions or if it actually works in increasing precipitation.

https://investorjunkie.com/economics/milton-friedman-ways-spend-money/

Some other thoughts. Just because I see a condensation trail, doesn’t mean that aircraft is or is not cloud seeding. Condensation trails might (or might not) change precipitation.

If global warming (or climate change) is happening, and it is caused by mankind increasing CO2 levels. And if that causes the ice caps to melt, then sea level rises enough to flood probably most coastal basins. This would turn more of the earth into the most effective environment for carbon cycling.

Then I guess many people would have to move to higher elevation. Does that mean the planet is ruined? Or just that a lot of people had to move?



Last edited by SkinGriz; 05-31-21 at 10:25 AM.
SkinGriz is online now  
Likes For SkinGriz:
Old 05-31-21, 10:13 AM
  #3  
skidder
Bipsycorider
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Orange County, California
Posts: 1,313

Bikes: Why yes, I do have a few! Thank you for asking!

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 629 Post(s)
Liked 370 Times in 264 Posts


Is that conspiracy theory of alumina chemtrails produced by airplanes flying at high altitude still floating around?
I don't think the sulfur dioxide thing is going to work, as volcanic cooling is caused by micro particles of ash being pushed into the upper atmosphere. The 'titania' and other stuff is just the same as alumina; a conspiracy theory.

Silver iodide used to be used for cloud seeding to produce rain, but I thought that never got beyond the 'theory' stage and was never proven to work effectively, so it was stopped.
skidder is offline  
Likes For skidder:
Old 05-31-21, 10:42 AM
  #4  
SkinGriz
Do cats eat bats?
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: LA
Posts: 425

Bikes: BigBox bikes.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 217 Post(s)
Liked 147 Times in 113 Posts
No, they really do cloud seeding over LA.

The other thing dropped over LA is neutered fruit flies.

Either way, here is your solution.

God grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can, and
Wisdom to know the difference.
SkinGriz is online now  
Old 05-31-21, 11:02 AM
  #5  
SkinGriz
Do cats eat bats?
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: LA
Posts: 425

Bikes: BigBox bikes.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 217 Post(s)
Liked 147 Times in 113 Posts
Originally Posted by skidder View Post


Is that conspiracy theory of alumina chemtrails produced by airplanes flying at high altitude still floating around?
I don't think the sulfur dioxide thing is going to work, as volcanic cooling is caused by micro particles of ash being pushed into the upper atmosphere. The 'titania' and other stuff is just the same as alumina; a conspiracy theory.

Silver iodide used to be used for cloud seeding to produce rain, but I thought that never got beyond the 'theory' stage and was never proven to work effectively, so it was stopped.
When did “proven to work” ever mean anything as far as money spent?

See Friedman’s 4 ways to spend money, above.
SkinGriz is online now  
Old 05-31-21, 11:47 AM
  #6  
3alarmer
Friendship is Magic
 
3alarmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: The Big Tomato
Posts: 19,737

Bikes: old ones

Mentioned: 280 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21328 Post(s)
Liked 4,239 Times in 3,099 Posts
.
...that didn't take long.
3alarmer is online now  
Old 05-31-21, 12:52 PM
  #7  
clemsongirl 
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: california
Posts: 161
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 436 Post(s)
Liked 1,782 Times in 568 Posts
Originally Posted by skidder View Post
Silver iodide used to be used for cloud seeding to produce rain, but I thought that never got beyond the 'theory' stage and was never proven to work effectively, so it was stopped.
Cloud seeding with silver iodide is a safe and viable technology especially to augment existing water supplies, which is how S Ca and many others use it when needed. Airplane contrails (called chemtrails by those who don't understand them) are different than cloud seeding and if a person knew the science they'd know they are harmless
__________________
"The negative feelings we all have can be addictive…just as the positive…it’s up to
us to decide which ones we want to choose and feed”… Pema Chodron

Last edited by clemsongirl; 05-31-21 at 03:01 PM.
clemsongirl is offline  
Old 05-31-21, 01:18 PM
  #8  
Hondo Gravel
Basically Psychotic
 
Hondo Gravel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Hondo,Texas
Posts: 2,052

Bikes: Too many Motobecanes

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2013 Post(s)
Liked 2,100 Times in 1,345 Posts
Southwest Airlines sprays chemtrails over my place all day. The last 737 sprayed and kill all the mosquitoes which is a good thing.
Hondo Gravel is offline  
Old 05-31-21, 02:05 PM
  #9  
SkinGriz
Do cats eat bats?
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: LA
Posts: 425

Bikes: BigBox bikes.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 217 Post(s)
Liked 147 Times in 113 Posts
Originally Posted by Hondo Gravel View Post
Southwest Airlines sprays chemtrails over my place all day. The last 737 sprayed and kill all the mosquitoes which is a good thing.
The next 737 might crash. Or it might not.
SkinGriz is online now  
Old 05-31-21, 02:15 PM
  #10  
clemsongirl 
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: california
Posts: 161
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 436 Post(s)
Liked 1,782 Times in 568 Posts
Actually in just texas they are using chemtrails for psychological manipulation, human population control and the testing of biological or chemical agents on the population
__________________
"The negative feelings we all have can be addictive…just as the positive…it’s up to
us to decide which ones we want to choose and feed”… Pema Chodron
clemsongirl is offline  
Likes For clemsongirl:
Old 05-31-21, 02:26 PM
  #11  
SkinGriz
Do cats eat bats?
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: LA
Posts: 425

Bikes: BigBox bikes.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 217 Post(s)
Liked 147 Times in 113 Posts
Originally Posted by clemsongirl View Post
Actually in just texas they are using chemtrails for psychological manipulation, human population control and the testing of biological or chemical agents on the population
How do you know they aren’t doing that here?

I rarely read fiction as the truth usually has crazier plot twists.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Ranch_Hand
SkinGriz is online now  
Old 05-31-21, 02:57 PM
  #12  
clemsongirl 
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: california
Posts: 161
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 436 Post(s)
Liked 1,782 Times in 568 Posts
Originally Posted by SkinGriz View Post
How do you know they aren’t doing that here?
Because i understand the physics and chemistry of contrails and the water vapor clouds they produce that some uninformed people think are chemicals coming out of planes
__________________
"The negative feelings we all have can be addictive…just as the positive…it’s up to
us to decide which ones we want to choose and feed”… Pema Chodron
clemsongirl is offline  
Likes For clemsongirl:
Old 05-31-21, 03:01 PM
  #13  
skidder
Bipsycorider
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Orange County, California
Posts: 1,313

Bikes: Why yes, I do have a few! Thank you for asking!

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 629 Post(s)
Liked 370 Times in 264 Posts
I'll fold. I'm not going to get into an endless debate based on conspiracy theories and religion.
skidder is offline  
Old 05-31-21, 03:08 PM
  #14  
SkinGriz
Do cats eat bats?
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: LA
Posts: 425

Bikes: BigBox bikes.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 217 Post(s)
Liked 147 Times in 113 Posts
Originally Posted by clemsongirl View Post
Because i understand the physics and chemistry of contrails and the water vapor clouds they produce that some uninformed people think are chemicals coming out of planes
Was teasing you.
I don’t have any knowledge of whether that’s happening here or there.
But to me the joke in my mind is that maybe nobody else does either. Or very few.

I have coworkers that thought the condensation trails were chem trails and they were concerned about it. This was after smoking out before work and on first break. I tried explaining to them the only reason they could get high was due to incomplete combustion. Incomplete combustion by definition means inhaling toxins, etc etc.

That was really stupid of me wasting my words. IE, why would you be worried about those chem trails when you spent all morning inhaling smoke?

Last edited by SkinGriz; 05-31-21 at 03:26 PM.
SkinGriz is online now  
Old 05-31-21, 04:35 PM
  #15  
LAJ
So it is
 
LAJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Westminster, CO
Posts: 19,251

Bikes: Luzerne, 684, Boreas, Wheelhouse, Alize©®, Bayamo, Cayo

Mentioned: 240 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8778 Post(s)
Liked 2,555 Times in 1,471 Posts
I was out in the plains training on the TT bike, and there was a crop duster doing it's thing within eyesight. Now I have a cold, or... something.
__________________
Originally Posted by Eric F View Post
I generally wave to most cyclists going the opposite way, and offer a verbal greeting to those going my way as I go past them.

Shirtless guys with homemade aero bars on their hybrid scare me, though. I try to keep my distance and avoid eye contact.




LAJ is offline  
Old 05-31-21, 07:08 PM
  #16  
SkinGriz
Do cats eat bats?
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: LA
Posts: 425

Bikes: BigBox bikes.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 217 Post(s)
Liked 147 Times in 113 Posts
Originally Posted by LAJ View Post
I was out in the plains training on the TT bike, and there was a crop duster doing it's thing within eyesight. Now I have a cold, or... something.
What?.?. If you get man boobs can we see them?

I had a platoon sergeant who had Gulf War Syndrome. Weird stuff with his scalp and skin.
SkinGriz is online now  
Old 05-31-21, 08:42 PM
  #17  
Mad Honk 
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Bloomington, IN
Posts: 1,543

Bikes: Trek 770, Trek 760, Schwinn Paramount, Patelli Professional, Othon Ochsner

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 665 Post(s)
Liked 563 Times in 426 Posts
Originally Posted by clemsongirl View Post
Actually in just texas they are using chemtrails for psychological manipulation, human population control and the testing of biological or chemical agents on the population
CG,
I think you may be correct based on Hondo's beer choices, And on what I know of other Texans. If most American's knew what was being pushed out the ass end of a 737 during just combustion they would be appalled. And as my friend who is a rocket scientists says the air industry is not worried about the fuel used in a flight. And I think you may be on to something with manipulation psychologically as witnessed in the silly on-goings of the legislature there this week! Smiles, MH
Mad Honk is offline  
Likes For Mad Honk:
Old 05-31-21, 10:07 PM
  #18  
Hondo Gravel
Basically Psychotic
 
Hondo Gravel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Hondo,Texas
Posts: 2,052

Bikes: Too many Motobecanes

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2013 Post(s)
Liked 2,100 Times in 1,345 Posts
High humidity days the jets flying over leave a vapor trail. Dry days the planes leave nothing. Easy to say chemical trails to stir the pot I love conspiracy theories and late night radio BS. It’s entertaining especially the people that call in and believe it. I could see with enough air traffic producing artificial weather with the vapor trails. After about 5 airliners flew over there was enough vapor to form a thin cloud and it blocked out the sun for awhile. Texas has tried cloud seeding during droughts.
Hondo Gravel is offline  
Old 05-31-21, 10:07 PM
  #19  
SkinGriz
Do cats eat bats?
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: LA
Posts: 425

Bikes: BigBox bikes.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 217 Post(s)
Liked 147 Times in 113 Posts
Originally Posted by Mad Honk View Post
CG,
I think you may be correct based on Hondo's beer choices, And on what I know of other Texans. If most American's knew what was being pushed out the ass end of a 737 during just combustion they would be appalled. And as my friend who is a rocket scientists says the air industry is not worried about the fuel used in a flight. And I think you may be on to something with manipulation psychologically as witnessed in the silly on-goings of the legislature there this week! Smiles, MH
I love the sickly sweet smell of turbine engines.

Brings back memories.
SkinGriz is online now  
Old 05-31-21, 11:27 PM
  #20  
SkinGriz
Do cats eat bats?
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: LA
Posts: 425

Bikes: BigBox bikes.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 217 Post(s)
Liked 147 Times in 113 Posts
Originally Posted by Hondo Gravel View Post
High humidity days the jets flying over leave a vapor trail. Dry days the planes leave nothing. Easy to say chemical trails to stir the pot I love conspiracy theories and late night radio BS. It’s entertaining especially the people that call in and believe it. I could see with enough air traffic producing artificial weather with the vapor trails. After about 5 airliners flew over there was enough vapor to form a thin cloud and it blocked out the sun for awhile. Texas has tried cloud seeding during droughts.
George Noory?
Some wild stuff.
“What kind of crazies actually listens to this?”
”I’m listening to this, oh no, am I crazy too? Are we all?”

It’s worth listening to once in a great while. Because the facts are the show has a little truth to it and nobody is perfectly rational.
SkinGriz is online now  
Old 06-01-21, 12:07 AM
  #21  
canklecat
Me duelen las nalgas
 
canklecat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Texas
Posts: 12,827

Bikes: Centurion Ironman, Trek 5900, Univega Via Carisma, Globe Carmel

Mentioned: 190 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4190 Post(s)
Liked 2,103 Times in 1,347 Posts
Speaking of George Noory, years ago the Coast to Coast radio program quit interviewing guests or taking calls about "chemtrails."

When the ever-credulous Noory and C2C decide there's no there there in chemtrails, it's a pretty good indication that topic has become the Oakland of conspiracy theories.

Reminds me of a prank I played years ago on C2C...

I took some sunset photos on the west side of Fort Worth, near the former Carswell AFB, now the joint reserve base combining the remnants of Carswell and the former Grand Prairie base, in much diminished roles. But there's still some weekly military aircraft training activities.

Later, when editing the photos, I noticed most frames contained some peculiar artifacts that resembled blurry tildes (this symbol ~ ). There had been a lot of activity with jets and cargo planes that day and I wondered whether they had dumped excess fuel that showed up in the photos. I posted a few samples for photographer friends to check and most suggested it was probably just birds. I don't remember seeing any birds flitting back and forth that evening, but I wasn't looking for them either. I was focused on the sunset.

That seemed plausible so that same week I waited until the same time of day and generally comparable conditions, used the same exposure settings, and watched for birds flitting around at dusk. I wasn't distracted by anything else and, sure enough, there were lots of small, dark birds darting around the empty field. I was able to perfectly duplicate the same artifacts -- blurry tilde shapes. And when I used faster shutter speeds (and wider apertures or higher ISO to compensate) I got increasingly sharper, well defined and clearly visible birds.

Mystery solved.

But being a prankster I couldn't resist...

I emailed a few photos to Coast to Coast, suggesting they weren't chemtrails (because C2C wasn't interested in chemtrail stories or photos at that time), but instead were skyfish or rods. That was good enough and they posted my photos on their website (no idea if it's still there, this was almost 15 years ago).

Shortly thereafter I received an email from the late great proponent of rods and skyfish, Jose Escamilla. Before then I assumed he might have been a troll or prankster himself, just latching onto cryptozoology as a business opportunity. But apparently he was sincere and believed these things really existed. Never mind that there were clear, easily replicated scientific reasons for the optical illusions created by some video cameras, or still photos taken at slower shutter speeds. Escamilla was a true believer and not to be deterred by facts.

Reminded me of a similar phenomenon, the orbs that some folks believed were a paranormal phenomenon. It was just an artifact caused by using flash photography at night in dusty places. It was exaggerated by using point and shoot cameras with the flash in close proximity to the lens. You've probably seen something similar in nighttime bike rides when road dust is kicked up into the beam of your bike headlight -- I run video most rides and often see "orbs" in the headlight beam. It's just out of focus dust.

When professional photographers debunked "orbs" and showed the dust motes could be diminished or resolved by using off-camera flash and cameras with more adjustments, the True Believers simply moved the goalposts. They declared that the expert photographers didn't debunk orbs. They were just using the wrong equipment. Some late 1990s-early 2000s websites for ghost chasers declared that the early Sony Mavica digital camera -- the kind that used 3.5" sorta-floppy discs as recording media -- were the best for photographing orbs and ghosts. They refused to acknowledge the fact that it was the close proximity of the flash to the lens that reliably confirmed their preferred beliefs. So they attributed magical properties to the Sony Mavica. I suspect that part of the allure was the instant gratification offered by those early digital cameras. Paranormal enthusiasts could quickly check those tiny display screens or transfer the floppy disc to a laptop to confirm that they had indeed photographed orbs.

But it was a pretty good example of how these myths persist. Particularly when combined with mysterious ailments that aren't easily resolved through conventional medical attention.

Last edited by canklecat; 06-01-21 at 12:16 AM.
canklecat is offline  
Likes For canklecat:
Old 06-01-21, 07:58 AM
  #22  
Bandrada
Bandolero
Thread Starter
 
Bandrada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Land of Enhancement
Posts: 422

Bikes: ...

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5504 Post(s)
Liked 196 Times in 178 Posts
Originally Posted by Hondo Gravel View Post
High humidity days the jets flying over leave a vapor trail. Dry days the planes leave nothing. Easy to say chemical trails to stir the pot I love conspiracy theories and late night radio BS. It’s entertaining especially the people that call in and believe it. I could see with enough air traffic producing artificial weather with the vapor trails. After about 5 airliners flew over there was enough vapor to form a thin cloud and it blocked out the sun for awhile. Texas has tried cloud seeding during droughts.
It won't work cuz NM steals all the "clouds." Where do you think that moisture comes from during our "monsoons?" haha!

But, srsly, SNL and LANL actively test a wide range of "particulates" in the atmosphere. It's well known "science" around these parts, brosky. Just sayin'....and I'm allergic to it. It's the weirdest thing!
Bandrada is offline  
Old 06-01-21, 08:49 AM
  #23  
SkinGriz
Do cats eat bats?
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: LA
Posts: 425

Bikes: BigBox bikes.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 217 Post(s)
Liked 147 Times in 113 Posts
Originally Posted by canklecat View Post
Speaking of George Noory, years ago the Coast to Coast radio program quit interviewing guests or taking calls about "chemtrails."

When the ever-credulous Noory and C2C decide there's no there there in chemtrails, it's a pretty good indication that topic has become the Oakland of conspiracy theories.

Reminds me of a prank I played years ago on C2C...

I took some sunset photos on the west side of Fort Worth, near the former Carswell AFB, now the joint reserve base combining the remnants of Carswell and the former Grand Prairie base, in much diminished roles. But there's still some weekly military aircraft training activities.

Later, when editing the photos, I noticed most frames contained some peculiar artifacts that resembled blurry tildes (this symbol ~ ). There had been a lot of activity with jets and cargo planes that day and I wondered whether they had dumped excess fuel that showed up in the photos. I posted a few samples for photographer friends to check and most suggested it was probably just birds. I don't remember seeing any birds flitting back and forth that evening, but I wasn't looking for them either. I was focused on the sunset.

That seemed plausible so that same week I waited until the same time of day and generally comparable conditions, used the same exposure settings, and watched for birds flitting around at dusk. I wasn't distracted by anything else and, sure enough, there were lots of small, dark birds darting around the empty field. I was able to perfectly duplicate the same artifacts -- blurry tilde shapes. And when I used faster shutter speeds (and wider apertures or higher ISO to compensate) I got increasingly sharper, well defined and clearly visible birds.

Mystery solved.

But being a prankster I couldn't resist...

I emailed a few photos to Coast to Coast, suggesting they weren't chemtrails (because C2C wasn't interested in chemtrail stories or photos at that time), but instead were skyfish or rods. That was good enough and they posted my photos on their website (no idea if it's still there, this was almost 15 years ago).

Shortly thereafter I received an email from the late great proponent of rods and skyfish, Jose Escamilla. Before then I assumed he might have been a troll or prankster himself, just latching onto cryptozoology as a business opportunity. But apparently he was sincere and believed these things really existed. Never mind that there were clear, easily replicated scientific reasons for the optical illusions created by some video cameras, or still photos taken at slower shutter speeds. Escamilla was a true believer and not to be deterred by facts.

Reminded me of a similar phenomenon, the orbs that some folks believed were a paranormal phenomenon. It was just an artifact caused by using flash photography at night in dusty places. It was exaggerated by using point and shoot cameras with the flash in close proximity to the lens. You've probably seen something similar in nighttime bike rides when road dust is kicked up into the beam of your bike headlight -- I run video most rides and often see "orbs" in the headlight beam. It's just out of focus dust.

When professional photographers debunked "orbs" and showed the dust motes could be diminished or resolved by using off-camera flash and cameras with more adjustments, the True Believers simply moved the goalposts. They declared that the expert photographers didn't debunk orbs. They were just using the wrong equipment. Some late 1990s-early 2000s websites for ghost chasers declared that the early Sony Mavica digital camera -- the kind that used 3.5" sorta-floppy discs as recording media -- were the best for photographing orbs and ghosts. They refused to acknowledge the fact that it was the close proximity of the flash to the lens that reliably confirmed their preferred beliefs. So they attributed magical properties to the Sony Mavica. I suspect that part of the allure was the instant gratification offered by those early digital cameras. Paranormal enthusiasts could quickly check those tiny display screens or transfer the floppy disc to a laptop to confirm that they had indeed photographed orbs.

But it was a pretty good example of how these myths persist. Particularly when combined with mysterious ailments that aren't easily resolved through conventional medical attention.
Crazy story.

I don’t get the Oakland reference.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.lat...ml%3f_amp=true
SkinGriz is online now  
Old 06-01-21, 08:51 AM
  #24  
SkinGriz
Do cats eat bats?
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: LA
Posts: 425

Bikes: BigBox bikes.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 217 Post(s)
Liked 147 Times in 113 Posts
Originally Posted by skidder View Post
I'll fold. I'm not going to get into an endless debate based on conspiracy theories and religion.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.lat...ml%3f_amp=true
SkinGriz is online now  
Old 06-01-21, 09:10 AM
  #25  
SkinGriz
Do cats eat bats?
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: LA
Posts: 425

Bikes: BigBox bikes.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 217 Post(s)
Liked 147 Times in 113 Posts
I’m not worried about chem trails.

The flip side is I wouldn’t dismiss someone else’s claim that they thought cloud seeding was occurring and affecting their health. Scientific process often in contrast to “We are now so wise” scientism.

I do think it’s foolish to automatically fall for the appeal to authority fallacy.

Check the incentives. What’s the iron law of bureaucracy?
SkinGriz is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.