Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Foo (https://www.bikeforums.net/foo/)
-   -   discus again???? (https://www.bikeforums.net/foo/248491-discus-again.html)

norsehabanero 11-28-06 06:14 AM

discus again????
 
part 2

Falkon 11-28-06 09:42 AM

never tried the discus. I'm pretty good with the shotput though

Siu Blue Wind 11-28-06 09:43 AM

http://www.tropicalfish.it/discus/as.../webruby02.jpg


You can fry them up with a real nice bread crumb. Very flaky meat.

explody pup 11-28-06 09:43 AM

We picked up one of those Aerobee fisbees with the LED lights in 'em while I was visiting the fam. That thing was a piece of ****.

blonduathlongrl 11-28-06 09:48 AM

why does this discuss thread bring anger in me?
maybe I have issues that needs discussing, I get shivers everytime I see this stupid thread and why? it's not like we have any smart thread going on..:lol:

Siu Blue Wind 11-28-06 09:49 AM

Discuss, BDG! Tell us about it. We won't tell anyone. It's just us in this room ;) :p

snowy 11-28-06 09:53 AM

Yeah BDG, why are you mad when you see this thread?? We all could possibly help. :)

blonduathlongrl 11-28-06 09:56 AM


Originally Posted by snowy
Yeah BDG, why are you mad when you see this thread?? We all could possibly help. :)

:lol:
because the first time, it was kinda funny, now that it is the 4th discuss thread it kinda lost it's sex appeal.
Because I got up cranky, because my hubby wants to take over and buy me wheels for christmas, now isnt that nice of him, right?
yeah, he has NO idea what kind of bike I have!!!!!!!!!! he asked the LBS guy if a Kona Mtnbike would be faster than my felts32 for my races!!!!!!!!!!!
Im going mental, Im having nightmares about what he is going to buy!!!!!!

Tom Stormcrowe 11-28-06 09:59 AM


Originally Posted by blonduathlongrl
:lol:
Because I got up cranky, because my hubby wants to take over and buy me wheels for christmas, now isnt that nice of him, right?
yeah, he has NO idea what kind of bike I have!!!!!!!!!! he asked the LBS guy if a Kona Mtnbike would be faster than my felts32 for my races!!!!!!!!!!!
Im going mental, Im having nightmares about what he is going to buy!!!!!!

He means well, BDG! Give him some guidance!:D

snowy 11-28-06 10:04 AM


Originally Posted by blonduathlongrl
:lol:
because the first time, it was kinda funny, now that it is the 4th discuss thread it kinda lost it's sex appeal.
Because I got up cranky, because my hubby wants to take over and buy me wheels for christmas, now isnt that nice of him, right?
yeah, he has NO idea what kind of bike I have!!!!!!!!!! he asked the LBS guy if a Kona Mtnbike would be faster than my felts32 for my races!!!!!!!!!!!
Im going mental, Im having nightmares about what he is going to buy!!!!!!

Well he does mean well, but I understand how your feeling. I want to explode myself with all the doggie issues, but its a challenge that I can over come for sure :)

First breathe and then ask yourself if its all worth getting worked up about?? I bet you find the answer quickly;)

We are all here for you BDG. It will be okay. Hey just tell your honey that you have an idea about the wheels for your bike and would feel more comfortable giving him a hand. :)

blonduathlongrl 11-28-06 10:04 AM


Originally Posted by Tom Stormcrowe
He means well, BDG! Give him some guidance!:D

Im trying!!!!!!!!! Im almost crying saying, do you know what's compatible with my bike? do you know I have shimano gears? do you know the difference between clinchers and tubular? do you know how deep the rim should be? do you know if I need an everyday wheel or racing wheels?
arg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and everytime i say, ill find them and give you the linky linky he gives me a speach on christmas spirit and how nicer it would be if HE went out and picked some for me!!
Im gonna friggen cry!:lol:
yeah he is a heck of a nice guy...but you have no idea what he is gonna come up with!

blonduathlongrl 11-28-06 10:06 AM


Originally Posted by snowy
Well he does mean well, but I understand how your feeling. I want to explode myself with all the doggie issues, but its a challenge that I can over come for sure :)

First breathe and then ask yourself if its all worth getting worked up about?? I bet you find the answer quickly;)

We are all here for you BDG. It will be okay. Hey just tell your honey that you have an idea about the wheels for your bike and would feel more comfortable giving him a hand. :)

I know... it does sound stupid to get worked up about when nice people like you have sick puppies to worry about.
I needed a reminded on what's important :) OK Im over it.

DannoXYZ 11-28-06 10:36 AM

Well, just think of all the fun discussions we can have if you ran over some sick puppies with your new wheels...

snowy 11-28-06 10:36 AM

BDG just tell him to save the receipt!!;)

blonduathlongrl 11-28-06 10:43 AM


Originally Posted by snowy
BDG just tell him to save the receipt!!;)

I think at this point I dont deserve anything for acting so bratty...
*sigh*
well, Im over THAT feeling!!! I deserve those and will ask for the receipt!:lol:

eubi 11-28-06 10:49 AM

Wait, isn't this about throwing the discus?

I never threw one, but my best friend in HS was the school record holder.

Tom Stormcrowe 11-28-06 10:50 AM


Originally Posted by blonduathlongrl
Im trying!!!!!!!!! Im almost crying saying, do you know what's compatible with my bike? do you know I have shimano gears? do you know the difference between clinchers and tubular? do you know how deep the rim should be? do you know if I need an everyday wheel or racing wheels?
arg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and everytime i say, ill find them and give you the linky linky he gives me a speach on christmas spirit and how nicer it would be if HE went out and picked some for me!!
Im gonna friggen cry!:lol:
yeah he is a heck of a nice guy...but you have no idea what he is gonna come up with!

Best suggestion? Give him a specific wish list!:D

Quick Edit:
Explain in the list that while his heart is assuredly in the right place, racing is highly technical as far as equipment goes. Then tell him that the wrong wheels would be like slapping a Briggs and Stratton Lawn mower engine on a Harley, based on the fact that they are both gasline powered engines!

norsehabanero 11-29-06 06:02 AM

or ask for a gift certificete

norsehabanero 11-29-06 06:03 AM


Originally Posted by Siu Blue Wind
http://www.tropicalfish.it/discus/as.../webruby02.jpg


You can fry them up with a real nice bread crumb. Very flaky meat.

is it any thing like grouper

2manybikes 11-29-06 07:16 AM


Originally Posted by blonduathlongrl
Im trying!!!!!!!!! Im almost crying saying, do you know what's compatible with my bike? do you know I have shimano gears? do you know the difference between clinchers and tubular? do you know how deep the rim should be? do you know if I need an everyday wheel or racing wheels?
arg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and everytime i say, ill find them and give you the linky linky he gives me a speach on christmas spirit and how nicer it would be if HE went out and picked some for me!!
Im gonna friggen cry!:lol:
yeah he is a heck of a nice guy...but you have no idea what he is gonna come up with!

Just print out a page with all the details, circle exactly the right thing in red. Fold it in half, put a dirty foot print on it and leave it on the floor where he can find it. Say nothing. Act surprised and never tell.

scottogo 11-29-06 10:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
ficus

Mr. Gear Jammer 11-29-06 04:31 PM


Originally Posted by norsehabanero
part 2

Well Did you hear that the Houston Texans have won the Super bowl?:rolleyes:. Yup 31 out of 32 teams decided to take a vacation and not play this week so Houston is declared the winner this year.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:18 AM.


Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.