Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Foo (https://www.bikeforums.net/foo/)
-   -   Any Grand Theft Auto fans? (https://www.bikeforums.net/foo/328586-any-grand-theft-auto-fans.html)

Randomus 08-02-07 09:40 PM

Any Grand Theft Auto fans?
 
Looks like GTA fans will have to wait a little while longer...


Grand Theft Auto fans are going to have to wait a bit longer for the next installment.

Take-Two Interactive announced Thursday that Grand Theft Auto IV would not be released Oct. 18 for Sony's PlayStation 3 and Microsoft's Xbox 360 video game systems, as originally planned. Instead, the game will arrive in spring of 2008, "due to additional development time required to complete the title," the company said in a statement.

Rockstar Games founder Sam Houser says in the statement, "the new consoles are allowing us to create the "Grand Theft Auto" game we always dreamed about. Every aspect of the game and its design has been completely transformed. The game is huge and is pushing the hardware platforms to their absolute limits. The top engineers from Sony and Microsoft are working closely with the team in Edinburgh right now, helping us to fully leverage the power of both platforms. As always, our goal is to surpass even the wildest expectations of the game's fans, and to create the ultimate high definition video game experience."
USA Today linkage
Reuters Canada linkage
Other linkage
More linkage

Like Take-Two and Rockstar Games needed another kick in the balls. :rolleyes: I feel bad for Sony, since they don't have another super hyped game for the Christmas break.

WTF is up with Take-Two these days? :o

Markok765 08-02-07 09:50 PM

I want a PSP version! I'm not buying a PS3 just for one game!

Tappets 08-02-07 10:03 PM

i used to be until i decided to 100% vice city. that cured me. i don't give a rat's pitooti about that game anymore. sick of it, and that one was nothing compared to san andreas... just go for 75% and maybe you'll still like it. lol

sound of me vomitting.... BLLLAEEEHAAAHHHHHH

Randomus 08-02-07 11:05 PM


Originally Posted by Markok765 (Post 4991298)
I want a PSP version! I'm not buying a PS3 just for one game!

Buy a Microsoft Xbox 360. :p

Taerom 08-03-07 05:41 AM

Booyah.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...screenshot.png

The only GTA I've ever played was a demo of the orignal version for PC. I think I might try to find it again...that was a fun game.

BananaTugger 08-03-07 05:41 AM

Completed them all (the good ones, anyway) like three times each.

I also beta tested Vice City before it was released.

I'm not on the beta team for 4, though. :(

Michigander 08-03-07 06:14 AM

I used to have a play station 2, and I liked san andreas and vice city a little. But these days, I just don't give a damn. I'm not about to buy another PS2, much less a new and overpriced system.

BananaTugger 08-03-07 06:15 AM


Originally Posted by Michigander (Post 4992538)
I used to have a play station 2, and I liked san andreas and vice city a little. But these days, I just don't give a damn. I'm not about to buy another PS2, much less a new and overpriced system.

I'll sell you one of my PS2's for like $40-50.

Markok765 08-03-07 08:45 AM


Originally Posted by Randomus (Post 4991751)
Buy a Microsoft Xbox 360. :p

GASP.

It can't use my PSP as a wireless screen!

Maelstrom 08-03-07 09:53 AM

Nope...they blow. I only like them to screw around, the actual game is pretty weak imo. Would have been signifigantly better if the driving was more on par with Carmeggedon with the graphics of GTA.

Michigander 08-03-07 11:26 AM


Originally Posted by BananaTugger (Post 4992542)
I'll sell you one of my PS2's for like $40-50.

Thank you kindly, but nah. Between work, sleeping, bf and a little other random stuff, I don't need a video game addiction. I'd never get anything done.

BananaTugger 08-03-07 11:28 AM


Originally Posted by Michigander (Post 4994435)
Thank you kindly, but nah. Between work, sleeping, bf and a little other random stuff, I don't need a video game addiction. I'd never get anything done.

I don't get anything done, but it's working out just fine. :p

The Figment 08-03-07 11:38 AM

The thing with racing sims is that they arn't sims anymore. GTA is a great game,But I want to race,not run thru traffic dodging the cops!!! I Want to be able to fling this around Road Alanta or Laguna Seca.

EA Sports-Sports Car GT/"Steve McQueen"1967 Porsche 917k,as run in the 1967 LeMans and the 1967 Movie of the same name!!

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w...orsche917c.jpg

BananaTugger 08-03-07 11:40 AM


Originally Posted by The Figment (Post 4994515)
The thing with racing sims is that they arn't sims anymore. GTA is a great game,But I want to race,not run thru traffic dodging the cops!!! I Want to be able to fling this around Road Alanta or Laguna Seca.

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w...orsche917c.jpg

Gran Turismo 5? =/

timmyquest 08-03-07 11:45 AM

You just have to know where to look
http://gtr-game.10tacle.com/index.php?id=246&L=1

BananaTugger 08-03-07 11:47 AM


Originally Posted by timmyquest (Post 4994569)
You just have to know where to look
http://gtr-game.10tacle.com/index.php?id=246&L=1

Don't forget about Live For Speed: http://www.lfs.net/

The Figment 08-03-07 12:03 PM

Nice...But only a few tracks!!! No Daytona,Vegas,Donnington Long or Short,Lime Rock,Mid Ohio,Road Alanta,Laguna Seca,Riverside. See where I'm going...SCGT had ALL these tracks,the ability to make your own cars (Not just skin an one) build your own tracks, (Ever think what it would be like to run a 917 at Talladega??) And folk speak of modern graphics....That 917k was made for a game that was released in '96!! Long Live the Glide API!!!

BananaTugger 08-03-07 12:08 PM


Originally Posted by The Figment (Post 4994687)
Nice...But only a few tracks!!! No Daytona,Vegas,Donnington Long or Short,Lime Rock,Mid Ohio,Road Alanta,Laguna Seca,Riverside. See where I'm going...SCGT had ALL these tracks,the ability to make your own cars (Not just skin an one) build your own tracks, (Ever think what it would be like to run a 917 at Talladega??) And folk speak of modern graphics....That 917k was made for a game that was released in '96!! Long Live the Glide API!!!

I remember Glide, and OpenGL, and 3Dfx.

Those were the days. :)

Nicodemus 08-03-07 04:32 PM

AWESOME. Yeah, I'm actually happy that it's being delayed. This is the only game for me, and I'm happy they want to get it as good as possible rather than rush it out half-assed.

GTA is the most ass-kickingest waste of time I've discovered in the last decade. I bought a PS2 solely for this game. Not sure if I will bother investing the hideous amount of money for the tacky chunky PS3 though (and for xbox fanboys, bite me - I feel enough of a rube dealing with M$ garbage for work purposes).

The best game ever for mindless mayhem and mindless chaos. No other game gives nearly as much opportunity for mucking about without actually playing the game. The ULTIMATE smoking game ;)

GTA, BRING IT ON!!

timmyquest 08-03-07 04:38 PM


Originally Posted by The Figment (Post 4994687)
Nice...But only a few tracks!!! No Daytona,Vegas,Donnington Long or Short,Lime Rock,Mid Ohio,Road Alanta,Laguna Seca,Riverside. See where I'm going...SCGT had ALL these tracks,the ability to make your own cars (Not just skin an one) build your own tracks, (Ever think what it would be like to run a 917 at Talladega??) And folk speak of modern graphics....That 917k was made for a game that was released in '96!! Long Live the Glide API!!!

You'd be surprised what communities can put together...

Michigander 08-03-07 06:10 PM


Originally Posted by BananaTugger (Post 4994452)
I don't get anything done, but it's working out just fine. :p

The funny thing I just remembered is that my friend offered to sell me a PS2 that he modded. One of the older big ones. He put a hard drive in it, then went in and out of blockbuster taking advantage of their free exchange program, and put every game on their shelves on the hard drive. He has a nice system set up in his car, so he just went in and out for hours on end, loading games and taking them back to exchange for more. I could have got it for 60 bucks, and he says the offer still stands. He then went on to transfer the games onto other modded PS2s.

The Figment 08-04-07 02:33 AM


Originally Posted by timmyquest (Post 4996521)
You'd be surprised what communities can put together...

Back in 97-98 the NFS III and Sports Car GT communitiy wrote a little proggie to make cars, and one to program the driving carecteristics and the "Aftermarket Add-On" trend got started...The above 917k was made by Jeff Hoffer as that the cars EA included in these games a 15 year old with no driving pratice could beat!! there was a 71 Camaro and a 34 Ford Lowboy he did also...I drive for a living,have played with and raced cars (SCCA) since I was 13.Make no mistake,I'm No Dale Earnhardt,but driving is something I do well (As opposed to my abilty to write or spell legibly) and these three cars are to this day the most realistic I've found.

I'm all for "Add-ons" for race games....Some friends made a copy of Talladega for Sports Car GT cuz we needed a "Oval for testing" (Yea Right!) needless to say that 917k at the 'Dega was Awesome!!!

BananaTugger 08-04-07 05:40 AM


Originally Posted by The Figment (Post 4999011)
Back in 97-98 the NFS III and Sports Car GT communitiy wrote a little proggie to make cars, and one to program the driving carecteristics and the "Aftermarket Add-On" trend got started...The above 917k was made by Jeff Hoffer as that the cars EA included in these games a 15 year old with no driving pratice could beat!! there was a 71 Camaro and a 34 Ford Lowboy he did also...I drive for a living,have played with and raced cars (SCCA) since I was 13.Make no mistake,I'm No Dale Earnhardt,but driving is something I do well (As opposed to my abilty to write or spell legibly) and these three cars are to this day the most realistic I've found.

I'm all for "Add-ons" for race games....Some friends made a copy of Talladega for Sports Car GT cuz we needed a "Oval for testing" (Yea Right!) needless to say that 917k at the 'Dega was Awesome!!!

I was a part of this modeling and skinning for NFS3.

I had like, every DTM car from 1991 to 1997. :p


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:10 AM.


Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.