Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Foo (https://www.bikeforums.net/foo/)
-   -   Odd MSOE Behaviour (https://www.bikeforums.net/foo/349680-odd-msoe-behaviour.html)

Stacey 10-03-07 04:45 AM

Odd MSOE Behaviour
 
I've been having some strand stuff happening with Outlook Express. Random incoming messages going directly to my Deleted Items folder. <scratches head> WinXP Pro / OE6

I took a look at Message Rules and there were two of them set up in there that I don't recall setting. I forget now what the rules were exactly, but I deleted them.

Then I created a new rule:
Apply this rule after the message arrives
For all messages
Stop processing more rules

Messages that were going in the trash are now going to the inbox. We'll see what happens after reboot tomorrow morning. Oh yeah, there's no one on the Blocked Senders list either.


Anyone else experience this?

StupidlyBrave 10-03-07 10:24 AM

email is the work of the devil

x136 10-03-07 10:30 AM

From what I remember, oh those many moons ago, Outlook Express was the result of Microsoft engineers' best efforts at getting a high sheen out of a lump of fecal matter.

CyLowe97 10-03-07 10:32 AM

And here I thought this was a thread about strange doings at MSOE up in Beertown.....


;)

Zinn-X 10-03-07 10:39 AM

I used Outlook Express a long time ago when I was young and very, very naive.

Ever heard of Thunderbird? www.mozilla.com I hear it doesn't suck!

Stacey 10-03-07 10:57 AM

I've been using OE since Hector was a pup. I like it because I can access both my verizon & hotmail from there. Can I do it with thunderbird too?

Zinn-X 10-03-07 11:02 AM


Originally Posted by Stacey (Post 5382503)
I've been using OE since Hector was a pup. I like it because I can access both my verizon & hotmail from there. Can I do it with thunderbird too?

Yes. Thunderbird also has better security, extremely smart phishing and spam filters which you can easily "train" to be even smarter, message rules support, spell checking, room cleaning service and fellatio. It'sa very nice!

Stacey 10-03-07 11:12 AM


Originally Posted by Zinn-X (Post 5382545)
Yes. Thunderbird also has better security, extremely smart phishing and spam filters which you can easily "train" to be even smarter, message rules support, spell checking, room cleaning service and fellatio. It'sa very nice!

Damn, no cunnilingus! That's a deal breaker. :(

jsharr 10-03-07 11:13 AM


Originally Posted by Stacey (Post 5382616)
Damn, no cunnilingus! That's a deal breaker. :(

but if it will fellate for you, probably worth having, just in case.

jsharr 10-03-07 11:14 AM

Is there anyway to keep MSOE from doing that damn compacting crap? I open my email program so often that it occurs pretty frequently here at work.

Stacey 10-03-07 12:07 PM


Originally Posted by jsharr (Post 5382633)
but if it will fellate for you, probably worth having, just in case.

In case of what... It growing back?!?!?! :eek: :roflmao:

jsharr 10-03-07 01:14 PM


Originally Posted by Stacey (Post 5383055)
In case of what... It growing back?!?!?! :eek: :roflmao:

or a mechanic who offers to fix your car in exchange for ummmm ... something, umm, well, you know.......

note that I said for you

Stacey 10-03-07 01:27 PM


Originally Posted by jsharr (Post 5383618)
or a mechanic who offers to fix your car in exchange for ummmm ... something, umm, well, you know.......

note that I said for you

Oh, I see. BJ in a box. :D

jsharr 10-03-07 01:29 PM

you are better with words than me is

x136 10-03-07 01:30 PM

An email application with a built-in cunning linguist would be the killer app for business.

Stacey 10-03-07 01:37 PM

A secretary's dream.

Zinn-X 10-03-07 02:57 PM

sorry, I forgot to mention cunnilingus because I never use that feature. But I'm pretty sure it's in there...


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:34 PM.


Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.