Go Back  Bike Forums > The Lounge > Foo
Reload this Page >

April 2014 FOO Photo Contest - TIME TO VOTE!

Foo Off-Topic chit chat with no general subject.

April 2014 FOO Photo Contest - TIME TO VOTE!

Old 04-07-14, 11:25 PM
  #1  
jbchybridrider 
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
jbchybridrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: adelaide, australia
Posts: 2,550
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 3 Posts
April 2014 FOO Photo Contest - TIME TO VOTE!

I'll start the comp. for this month.

cOurt and I have each decided on two themes *Sports or Electric* for April.

The rules are simple:
-You must be the photographer
-One entry per month
-Try making it an image from the last year.

Have fun and get your cameras out, good luck.

Last edited by jbchybridrider; 04-08-14 at 04:18 AM.
jbchybridrider is offline  
Old 04-08-14, 01:26 AM
  #2  
Machka 
In Real Life
 
Machka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Down under down under
Posts: 51,325

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2816 Post(s)
Liked 25 Times in 18 Posts
A question ... can we do Sports or Electric ... or should it be a combination of Sports and Electric?
Machka is offline  
Old 04-08-14, 02:07 AM
  #3  
jbchybridrider 
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
jbchybridrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: adelaide, australia
Posts: 2,550
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Machka View Post
A question ... can we do Sports or Electric ... or should it be a combination of Sports and Electric?

Yes I should have made that clear. You can choose Sports or Electric separate or if you have a big imagination you can do both together.

If Sports doesn't bring a lot of entry's this month I don't know what to do Electric can be interpreted in many ways.
jbchybridrider is offline  
Old 04-11-14, 06:46 PM
  #4  
Machka 
In Real Life
 
Machka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Down under down under
Posts: 51,325

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2816 Post(s)
Liked 25 Times in 18 Posts
OK, let's get started!


I'll post this for Electric.

Machka is offline  
Old 04-11-14, 07:46 PM
  #5  
c0urt
moving target
 
c0urt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: birmingham, al
Posts: 2,890

Bikes: looks like a specialized crux now

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 216 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
big version
https://farm1.staticflickr.com/168/4...9c63a4a5_o.jpg

c0urt is offline  
Old 04-12-14, 05:28 AM
  #6  
pgjackson
Senior Member
 
pgjackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Gulf Breeze, FL
Posts: 3,846

Bikes: Rossetti Vertigo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
High School football game in Escondido, CA. The game was awful, but the sky was incredible.

pgjackson is offline  
Old 04-12-14, 04:16 PM
  #7  
nondes 
Northern Rider
 
nondes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 433

Bikes: 1999 Litespeed Tuscany 105, 2007 Marin Palisades Trail, 2006 Burley Duet tandem

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked 29 Times in 12 Posts
Electric

nondes is offline  
Old 04-13-14, 03:20 PM
  #8  
dedhed
SE Wis
 
dedhed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 4,905

Bikes: '68 Raleigh Sprite, '02 Raleigh C500, '84 Raleigh Gran Prix, '91 Trek 400

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 623 Post(s)
Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts
Electric - Pagoda at night atop the city wall, Xi'an, China Oct. 2013
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
PB031691 - Copy.jpg (99.7 KB, 17 views)
dedhed is online now  
Old 04-18-14, 09:54 AM
  #9  
jbchybridrider 
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
jbchybridrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: adelaide, australia
Posts: 2,550
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 3 Posts
Electric Adelaide, small but sweet.

jbchybridrider is offline  
Old 04-18-14, 02:07 PM
  #10  
mystolenbikes
Senior Member
 
mystolenbikes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 622

Bikes: Specialized Hardrock

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sports.


Last edited by mystolenbikes; 04-18-14 at 02:12 PM.
mystolenbikes is offline  
Old 04-24-14, 06:49 AM
  #11  
nondes 
Northern Rider
 
nondes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 433

Bikes: 1999 Litespeed Tuscany 105, 2007 Marin Palisades Trail, 2006 Burley Duet tandem

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked 29 Times in 12 Posts
bump
nondes is offline  
Old 04-25-14, 09:58 PM
  #12  
tuxbailey
Senior Member
 
tuxbailey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Columbia, MD
Posts: 1,298

Bikes: 2005 Merlin Extralight - 2001 Jamis Ventura - 1990 Specialized Hard Rock (with original tires) - Burley D'Lite Double for my kid

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
tuxbailey is offline  
Old 04-26-14, 05:02 AM
  #13  
jbchybridrider 
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
jbchybridrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: adelaide, australia
Posts: 2,550
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 3 Posts
OK having read the thread about whether the contest should continue and I took it upon myself to run it for this month I've come up with some guide lines for this months contest at least.

I'll call for votes this month on Monday morning where I am, Sunday night in the US. So there's still some time for more for more pic's.

For voting list in order your favorite 3 pictures by name and I'll count.

1. 3 points
2. 2 points
3. 1 point

No voting for yourself.

Voting will run till 4th of May.

20grit and tuxbailey choose May's theme. Hope one of you can start the contest. I'll PM this months winner.

Open to any idea's or modifications about what's posted above.

Last edited by jbchybridrider; 04-26-14 at 06:52 AM. Reason: spelling
jbchybridrider is offline  
Old 04-26-14, 01:27 PM
  #14  
mystolenbikes
Senior Member
 
mystolenbikes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 622

Bikes: Specialized Hardrock

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sounds good to me.
mystolenbikes is offline  
Old 04-27-14, 03:39 AM
  #15  
Machka 
In Real Life
 
Machka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Down under down under
Posts: 51,325

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2816 Post(s)
Liked 25 Times in 18 Posts
Originally Posted by jbchybridrider View Post
OK having read the thread about whether the contest should continue and I took it upon myself to run it for this month I've come up with some guide lines for this months contest at least.

I'll call for votes this month on Monday morning where I am, Sunday night in the US. So there's still some time for more for more pic's.

For voting list in order your favorite 3 pictures by name and I'll count.

1. 3 points
2. 2 points
3. 1 point

No voting for yourself.

Voting will run till 4th of May.

20grit and tuxbailey choose May's theme. Hope one of you can start the contest. I'll PM this months winner.

Open to any idea's or modifications about what's posted above.

jbchybridrider ... thanks for this. It's great. I think we should include that post in each thread.
Machka is offline  
Old 04-27-14, 09:03 PM
  #16  
jbchybridrider 
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
jbchybridrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: adelaide, australia
Posts: 2,550
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 3 Posts
*Time to vote, vote vote vote *

tuxbailey

cOurt

mystolenbikes
jbchybridrider is offline  
Old 04-28-14, 08:57 AM
  #17  
tuxbailey
Senior Member
 
tuxbailey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Columbia, MD
Posts: 1,298

Bikes: 2005 Merlin Extralight - 2001 Jamis Ventura - 1990 Specialized Hard Rock (with original tires) - Burley D'Lite Double for my kid

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
redhed
mystolenbikes
jbchybridrider
tuxbailey is offline  
Old 04-28-14, 09:11 AM
  #18  
clemsongirl 
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: california
Posts: 134
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 195 Post(s)
Liked 60 Times in 24 Posts
thought I had to the end of the month....

you might ask a mod to add 'time to vote' to the threads heading
clemsongirl is offline  
Old 04-28-14, 09:31 AM
  #19  
pgjackson
Senior Member
 
pgjackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Gulf Breeze, FL
Posts: 3,846

Bikes: Rossetti Vertigo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I recommend that future themes be general and broad. A couple of previous topics were so specific that I had nothing. I also think there should only be one theme per month...otherwise it's not really a theme. Just some ideas.
pgjackson is offline  
Old 04-28-14, 09:40 AM
  #20  
20grit
Curmudgeon in Training
 
20grit's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Rural Retreat, VA
Posts: 1,950

Bikes: 1974 Gazelle Champion Mondial, 2010 Cannondale Trail SL, 1988 Peugeot Nice, 1992ish Stumpjumper Comp,1990's Schwinn Moab

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
dedhed and tuxbailey

I've pm'd tuxbailey about next month. Hopefully, we'll have something worked out.
20grit is offline  
Old 04-28-14, 04:02 PM
  #21  
RIRview
Senior Member
 
RIRview's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Long Beach, CA
Posts: 421

Bikes: Trek Domane 6.2 Project One

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mystolenbikes View Post
Sports.


Los Alamitos High School....small world!
RIRview is offline  
Old 04-28-14, 09:35 PM
  #22  
jbchybridrider 
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
jbchybridrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: adelaide, australia
Posts: 2,550
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by clemsongirl View Post
thought I had to the end of the month....

you might ask a mod to add 'time to vote' to the threads heading
clemsongirl I'm so sorry I ruined this months comp for you. I feel really horrible for it right now I should have looked back at previous comps by MP for when she finished it. I guess mistakes can happen when a new person runs the comp but I wont do it again. Again I'm really sorry please forgive me.
jbchybridrider is offline  
Old 04-28-14, 10:04 PM
  #23  
jbchybridrider 
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
jbchybridrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: adelaide, australia
Posts: 2,550
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by RIRview View Post
Los Alamitos High School....small world!
Originally Posted by pgjackson View Post
I recommend that future themes be general and broad. A couple of previous topics were so specific that I had nothing. I also think there should only be one theme per month...otherwise it's not really a theme. Just some ideas.
That's a touchy one when two people win and each have a theme idea but something that should be considered by the winners in a tie. "But" if there's a tie I think it should be left to the winners to decide as if the winners get to own the comp for a month like a prize for winning.
It also spreads a bit of excitement around and gets people communicating with each other more in the forum. It was great that MP run it for as long as she did but I can understand it getting to be to much for one person always staying focused on the job.
Electric was a fairly broad theme, it only needed anything running on electricity anywhere it the shot.

pgjackson RIPview and everyone else that looks in Foo, we need your vote as much as we need pictures so we can get a decisive and fair winner.

20grit I'll count your two votes for 3 and 2 points unless you edit another name in for 1 point.
jbchybridrider is offline  
Old 04-28-14, 10:10 PM
  #24  
skijor
on by
 
skijor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 938

Bikes: Waterford RS-33, Salsa Vaya, Bacchetta Giro 20 ATT

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 588 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
tux
skijor is offline  
Old 04-29-14, 04:28 AM
  #25  
pgjackson
Senior Member
 
pgjackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Gulf Breeze, FL
Posts: 3,846

Bikes: Rossetti Vertigo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jbchybridrider View Post
That's a touchy one when two people win and each have a theme idea but something that should be considered by the winners in a tie. "But" if there's a tie I think it should be left to the winners to decide as if the winners get to own the comp for a month like a prize for winning.
It also spreads a bit of excitement around and gets people communicating with each other more in the forum. It was great that MP run it for as long as she did but I can understand it getting to be to much for one person always staying focused on the job.
Electric was a fairly broad theme, it only needed anything running on electricity anywhere it the shot.

pgjackson RIPview and everyone else that looks in Foo, we need your vote as much as we need pictures so we can get a decisive and fair winner.

20grit I'll count your two votes for 3 and 2 points unless you edit another name in for 1 point.
Oh, I didn't know we were voting already.

JBC
Machka
Tux

Last edited by pgjackson; 04-29-14 at 04:31 AM.
pgjackson is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.