Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Foo (https://www.bikeforums.net/foo/)
-   -   Two for Tuesday Music (https://www.bikeforums.net/foo/953000-two-tuesday-music.html)

Deal4Fuji 06-10-14 07:41 AM

Two for Tuesday Music
 
We have a knowledgeable group of wanna-be DJ's here and the music posts have been interesting. Tuesday & Sunday are lacking a music theme, so how about Two For Tuesday where you make a connection between the 2 songs. It can be as simple as a similar title, or more complex. It could even be in the form of a question posed to the forum to ID what the connection is between the 2 songs. I'll start with these 2 songs asking What's the Connection" ? :


trsidn 06-10-14 07:57 AM

^Suicide?





connection?

Deal4Fuji 06-10-14 09:25 AM


Originally Posted by trsidn (Post 16837668)
^Suicide?

connection?

Hooker love ? You're real close, but IDLM's isn't suicide

trsidn 06-10-14 09:38 AM

yeah, prostitutes....
suicide was just a guess.

Deal4Fuji 06-10-14 07:09 PM

Hint - It sadly happened again today

Deal4Fuji 06-17-14 06:29 AM


Originally Posted by trsidn (Post 16837668)
^Suicide?

connection?


Originally Posted by Deal4Fuji (Post 16839837)
Hint - It sadly happened again today

They wre both school shootings well before Columbine. Jeremy shot himself in front of his classmates in the early 90"s. "I Don't like Mondays" was the only reason a 16 year old San Diego girl gave for killing 2 adults and wounding 8 children in 1979.

Deal4Fuji 06-17-14 06:37 AM

Record heat this week makes me think of these 2


Deal4Fuji 06-23-14 05:30 PM

I'm heading out of town tonight for a family funeral, so I'm jumping the *** on Tuesday. These 2 songs have always reminded me of each other in that they both incorporate in their lyrics a quick-fire, laundry list of names and events of their day.


JBHoren 06-23-14 10:19 PM

They Can't Take That Away From Me
 


ooga-booga 06-24-14 03:41 AM


Originally Posted by Deal4Fuji (Post 16876193)
I'm heading out of town tonight for a family funeral, so I'm jumping the *** on Tuesday. These 2 songs have always reminded me of each other in that they both incorporate in their lyrics a quick-fire, laundry list of names and events of their day.


both are derivative of bob dylan's "subterranean homesick blues" from 1965 as is the inxs song on kick in the mid-80's (song title escapes me but as least they parodied the d.a. pennebaker film in the video).
billy joel scores extra fail points since his contribution came out after r.e.m.'s and it's not really very good. shocker.

chewybrian 06-24-14 05:16 AM

This should be an easy one...



Deal4Fuji 07-01-14 06:11 AM


Originally Posted by ooga-booga (Post 16877261)
both are derivative of bob dylan's "subterranean homesick blues" from 1965 as is the inxs song on kick in the mid-80's (song title escapes me but as least they parodied the d.a. pennebaker film in the video).
billy joel scores extra fail points since his contribution came out after r.e.m.'s and it's not really very good. shocker.

You're right !! ....I should have made that connection. I remember the video more than the song from Dylan. Mediate is the song from INXS that mirrors SHB

Deal4Fuji 07-01-14 06:20 AM


Originally Posted by chewybrian (Post 16877325)
This should be an easy one...

I suspected Dylan songs and All Along the Watchtower was mentioned on the cover thread by mconlonx about being written by him. I guess Manfred Mann could go to Sunday too with their biggest hit being a cover. I'll replace your easy one with another : What song and by who ?
==================================================================

For today: Relationships are just hard and don't always work out


trsidn 07-01-14 07:54 AM




chewybrian 07-01-14 04:16 PM


Originally Posted by Deal4Fuji (Post 16897766)
I suspected Dylan songs and All Along the Watchtower was mentioned on the cover thread by mconlonx about being written by him. I guess Manfred Mann could go to Sunday too with their biggest hit being a cover. I'll replace your easy one with another : What song and by who ?
==================================================================

I guess you mean Blinded by the Light, which was a Bruce Springsteen song, but I'm not sure where trsidn is going with that one.

Here's another pretty easy one:



fish in a barrel...
http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/...brian/annm.jpg

Deal4Fuji 07-01-14 06:55 PM


Originally Posted by chewybrian (Post 16899664)
I guess you mean Blinded by the Light, which was a Bruce Springsteen song, but I'm not sure where trsidn is going with that one.

Here's another pretty easy one:

fish in a barrel...

I think "light" was his commonality. I'm not seeing the fish yet

chewybrian 07-02-14 01:20 AM


Originally Posted by Deal4Fuji (Post 16900047)
I think "light" was his commonality. I'm not seeing the fish yet

The girl with the shootin' iron was a huge hint. If you know who she is, you should get it.

Deal4Fuji 07-02-14 06:39 AM

Looks like Ann Margaret...all in TOMMY ?

mconlonx 07-02-14 08:01 AM



Maybe a bit obvious, but any excuse to post Priest and the DK's.

chewybrian 07-02-14 11:14 AM


Originally Posted by Deal4Fuji (Post 16901040)
Looks like Ann Margaret...all in TOMMY ?

yup



trsidn 07-02-14 11:15 AM

Arthur brown was in tommy?

Deal4Fuji 07-08-14 06:47 AM

Is that 3 ? Just a rebel, or maybe it's the drug train

chewybrian 07-08-14 12:59 PM

I very much enjoyed watching the Cure video on mute while listening to Locomotive Breath. No, it's no a Dark Side / Wizard of Oz thing, I just love trains. Amtrak forever, Greyhound never!



Hint; the common link would be found in the credits, but watching the second video would really throw you off track(see what I did there, with the trains?).

Deal4Fuji 07-08-14 07:36 PM

I'm on it chewyb - trisidn you retired Linus :(

Connection ?

trsidn 07-09-14 08:06 AM


Originally Posted by Deal4Fuji (Post 16921009)
I'm on it chewyb - trisidn you retired Linus :(

It was time.
That was Rerun, btw....

chewybrian 07-15-14 12:41 AM


Originally Posted by Deal4Fuji (Post 16921009)
I'm on it chewyb

That one was tough. Here is another example of two guys doing the same thing in a different way:



Deal4Fuji 07-15-14 05:49 AM


Originally Posted by chewybrian (Post 16939266)
That one was tough. Here is another example of two guys doing the same thing in a different way:

I'm just not seeing or hearing it...dazed & confused as usual - what credits ?

Deal4Fuji 07-15-14 05:56 AM

Continuing with the Ramones tribute, this is one of my favorite songs of theirs just because of the funny lyrics which I'll cc & paste. Today's common theme "Mommy & Daddy" songs. I already posted Surrender so I had to go way back to the Chili Peppers 1st album for another Mommy/Daddy song. Loggins & Messina don't R & R
===============
We're a happy family
We're a happy family
We're a happy family
Me mom and daddy
( 2X )

Sitting here in Queens
Eating refried beans
We're in all the magazines
Gulpin' down thorazines

We ain't got no friends
Our troubles never end
No Christmas cards to send
Daddy likes men

Daddy's telling lies
Baby's eating flies
Mommy's on pills
Baby's got the chills

I'm friends with the President
I'm friends with the Pope
We're all making fortunes
Selling Daddy's dope

Sitting here in Queens
Eating refried beans
We're in all the magazines
Gulpin' down thorazines

We ain't got no friends
Our troubles never end
No Christmas cards to send
Daddy likes men

We're a happy family
We're a happy family
We're a happy family

chewybrian 07-15-14 02:32 PM


Originally Posted by Deal4Fuji (Post 16939454)
I'm just not seeing or hearing it...dazed & confused as usual - what credits ?

"Aldo Nova: vocals, lead and rhythm guitars, bass guitar, keyboards, synthesizers"

Orange Alabaster Mushroom is a one man band (Aldo Nova did have a few other musicians in the credits). Those guys both laid it down one track at a time.

In the second pair, Ray M. plays bass with one hand, keyboards with the other, and old dude from Colosseum plays clarinet and sax with one hand each at the same time.

ButchA 07-15-14 02:59 PM

Here's an easy one..

The original band (July 1977, just a few months before the tragic plane crash :( )



The survivors regrouping in 1980



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:29 PM.


Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.