Bike Forums

Bike Forums (
-   Framebuilders (
-   -   Internal cable guides/stops (

Ciufalon 05-12-21 10:24 AM

Internal cable guides/stops
Does anyone know of a frame building supply company that sells the little black housing stop/guides for internally routed cables? I have four bikes that all use them and would like to have some on hand. These are the pieces at entry exit points for cable.

Andrew R Stewart 05-12-21 07:57 PM

Modern bikes typically have brand/model specific cable ports and as such the covers. Back in the day an oval "rubber" grommet was used but the tube holes were crude and the full length housing clacked inside the tube often.

Do you have photos to show the style you seeking? Otherwise we will have no clue to what is actually the version(s) needed. Andy

unterhausen 05-13-21 08:01 AM

If you find these, I don't think it will be from a frame building supply company. Ceeway is the one exception, but you would still have to be able to adequately describe what it is you want. The best bet is a local bike shop that sells the brand of bike that needs the frame part.

Ciufalon 05-14-21 02:21 PM

Thank you for your reply. I am looking for the type in this photo. I have three KM bikes and one Miyata that all use them. I will check with the company you mentioned. I contacted Koga and they could not even provide a part number.

zandoval 05-14-21 03:35 PM

Looks like a device that could easily be made using a 3D printer with TPA. I would give it a try for ya, but I would need the device for measurement...

Ciufalon 05-15-21 02:15 PM

Thank you zandoval. 3D printing has been in my mind as a last option as I don't know how to do it myself. I also thought about trying to make a mold and create it from Sugru. I may take you up on the offer. Will let you know if I don't find a source for these.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:57 PM.

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.