Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

app for safety

Old 04-23-15, 07:28 PM
  #1  
cyclelover99
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
app for safety

I have done this app, for cyclers, driver for cars and motorbikes

this app automatically record photos of the street, and reproduce them automatically when you drives second time
by use of GPS, it helps a lot the drivers that drive along 1 road a lot of times
**Link removed due to Solicitation GL violation**
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vk28WkC-W6o

Last edited by no1mad; 04-23-15 at 10:07 PM.
cyclelover99 is offline  
Old 04-23-15, 08:06 PM
  #2  
prathmann
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Bay Area, Calif.
Posts: 7,239
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 659 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Guess I fail to see how safety is improved by having even more drivers staring at an image on their phone instead of paying attention only to the view of the street visible through their windshield and in their mirrors.
prathmann is offline  
Old 04-23-15, 09:40 PM
  #3  
bikepro
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Allen, TX
Posts: 1,916

Bikes: Look 585

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by prathmann View Post
Guess I fail to see how safety is improved by having even more drivers staring at an image on their phone instead of paying attention only to the view of the street visible through their windshield and in their mirrors.
I have to agree. I watched the YouTube video, if anything, this is more of a distraction.
bikepro is offline  
Old 04-24-15, 11:01 AM
  #4  
J.C. Koto
apocryphal sobriquet
 
J.C. Koto's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Star City, NE
Posts: 1,083

Bikes: 2008 Surly Long Haul Trucker "The Truckerino"

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
I made it 20 seconds into the video before dismissing it as one of the dumbest things I've seen all year so, for those who have watched the whole thing, does it improve? Have I unfairly dismissed the video prematurely and am I missing anything of importance by having done so?
J.C. Koto is offline  
Old 04-24-15, 12:00 PM
  #5  
SpeshulEd 
Senior Member
 
SpeshulEd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 8,089
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 686 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
I bet the person in the video could see better at night if they turned on their headlights.
__________________
Hey guys, lets go play bikes! Strava

SpeshulEd is offline  
Old 04-24-15, 01:48 PM
  #6  
bikepro
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Allen, TX
Posts: 1,916

Bikes: Look 585

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by J.C. Koto View Post
I made it 20 seconds into the video before dismissing it as one of the dumbest things I've seen all year so, for those who have watched the whole thing, does it improve? Have I unfairly dismissed the video prematurely and am I missing anything of importance by having done so?
You missed nothing. This might be the worst idea I've seen in a long time. Why watch the actual road when you can take your eyes off the road and watch an old replay of the road. What was this guy thinking.
bikepro is offline  
Old 04-24-15, 02:16 PM
  #7  
J.C. Koto
apocryphal sobriquet
 
J.C. Koto's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Star City, NE
Posts: 1,083

Bikes: 2008 Surly Long Haul Trucker "The Truckerino"

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bikepro View Post
You missed nothing. This might be the worst idea I've seen in a long time. Why watch the actual road when you can take your eyes off the road and watch an old replay of the road. What was this guy thinking.
You weren't kidding. Went back and watched it and that is literally what it is. This is so self-evidently stupid I can not even fathom how anyone could possibly think this is in any way a good idea, let alone one for "safety".

Just hilariously terrible.

edit: has to be a joke, the same guy has a video of a paid app for measuring washing machine speed.

Last edited by J.C. Koto; 04-24-15 at 02:20 PM.
J.C. Koto is offline  
Old 05-23-15, 11:07 AM
  #8  
cyclelover99
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cyclelover99 View Post
I have done this app, for cyclers, driver for cars and motorbikes

this app automatically record photos of the street, and reproduce them automatically when you drives second time
by use of GPS, it helps a lot the drivers that drive along 1 road a lot of times
**Link removed due to Solicitation GL violation**
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vk28WkC-W6o
..
cyclelover99 is offline  
Old 05-23-15, 11:16 AM
  #9  
zeds
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
sorry i can't see video on the link video.
that's really app??
zeds is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Sarequads
General Cycling Discussion
25
04-12-18 12:20 PM
Notso_fastLane
Advocacy & Safety
5
04-01-13 11:02 AM
DLBroox
Professional Cycling For the Fans
2
07-14-11 10:38 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.