Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   General Cycling Discussion (https://www.bikeforums.net/general-cycling-discussion/)
-   -   Anyone Work Off Their Thanksgiving Dinner Today? (https://www.bikeforums.net/general-cycling-discussion/1089497-anyone-work-off-their-thanksgiving-dinner-today.html)

Scooty Puff Jr 11-25-16 04:39 PM

Anyone Work Off Their Thanksgiving Dinner Today?
 
Hope everyone had a nice and safe Thanksgiving. :). I had a very nice time yesterday, ate 2 big dinners, and drank bottle of wine over the whole day. Had to take the bike out and work off all that wonderful tasty food today from yesterday, had a very nice ride, and stopped at a couple local breweries.

How was everyone else's Thanksgiving ?

If you rode to burn of yesterday's dinner, than today post your ride.

Cyclemeter - Cycle - Nov 25, 2016, 12:18 PM

Meathorse 11-25-16 04:59 PM

Didn't have to. I have self discipline.

And a person doesn't gain weight over night.

NYMXer 11-25-16 05:02 PM

I was good yesterday, only had 2 pieces of cheese cake, lol.
Rode some tough single track today, almost 11 miles w/ 4 pr's, so the pace was fast.
I think the scales (see what I did there) are back in balance.

seedsbelize 11-25-16 05:14 PM

I thought I had good self control until I got on the bike, to ride home last evening. Pretty uncomfortable for the first ten miles.

jeffreythree 11-25-16 05:22 PM

I managed an hour ride before we left for Thanksgiving dinner yesterday and an hour ride today. My MIL finally stopped badgering me to get seconds and thirds of everything with a piece of every pie like her sons.

Scooty Puff Jr 11-25-16 05:32 PM

Sounds great, I'm hearing cheesecake and pie and some nice rides as well. :thumb:

JanMM 11-25-16 06:48 PM

Rode a few miles Thanksgiving morning, then didn't overdo it too badly at the T-giving feast later that afternoon.
34 mile club ride this morning helped burn off a few calories.

birru 11-25-16 06:55 PM

I got in an interval session of running on Thanksgiving morning. Today I rode my bike into the office and then took a hillier route on the way home (about 20mi round trip). So I put in a bit of work. I only had one plate yesterday, but I did sample all the desserts and had a few drinks. So there's more work to do this weekend... including cleaner eating.

qcpmsame 11-25-16 08:51 PM

Rode today, kept my portions at lunch yesterday small, one single plate, no deserts either day and I don't drink any alcohol, so it wasn't difficult at all. Still a good family Thanksgiving gathering, I just wish our two kids had been able to get home. Waiting until Christmas for that.

Bill

ClydeTim 11-25-16 09:29 PM

Yes, 50 miles. Enough to burn off that extra slice of pie!

bulldog1935 11-25-16 10:05 PM

I did mine over the summer and didn't eat too much, but I did go for a ride today.

OldTryGuy 11-26-16 07:25 AM


Originally Posted by NYMXer (Post 19213360)
I was good yesterday, only had 2 pieces of cheese cake, lol.
Rode some tough single track today, almost 11 miles w/ 4 pr's, so the pace was fast.
I think the scales (see what I did there) are back in balance.

Please don't tell me that the cheesecake was REAL NY STYLE CHEESECAKE!!!! Weighs a ton, goes down smooth a silk. Even worse is if it was home made.....if so my mouth is salivating. :love:

p.s. - I might have eaten the WHOLE CHEESECAKE AND ONLY THE WHOLE CHEESECAKE AS MY DINNER.

NYMXer 11-26-16 07:34 AM


Originally Posted by OldTryGuy (Post 19214031)
Please don't tell me that the cheesecake was REAL NY STYLE CHEESECAKE!!!! Weighs a ton, goes down smooth a silk. Even worse is if it was home made.....if so my mouth is salivating. :love:

p.s. - I might have eaten the WHOLE CHEESECAKE AND ONLY THE WHOLE CHEESECAKE AS MY DINNER.

Hmmm, let me see here..... the cheesecake was so horrible that I ate my GF's piece so she wouldn't have to suffer.
I think we have similar values on a good cheesecake and this one was good enough to eat as the meal. Good cheesecake is better than good turkey!

qcpmsame 11-26-16 07:40 AM


Originally Posted by NYMXer (Post 19214039)
Hmmm, let me see here..... the cheesecake was so horrible that I ate my GF's piece so she wouldn't have to suffer. ...snip

And it was a dark and lonely job:twitchy:, but someone had to do it. :50: What a sacrifice you made for her benefit:thumb:.
If it was real NY cheesecake I am surprised she didn't clock you for scarfing her slice, that is something you fight for.....

Bill

shafter 11-26-16 08:01 AM


Originally Posted by JanMM (Post 19213525)
Rode a few miles Thanksgiving morning, then didn't overdo it too badly at the T-giving feast later that afternoon.
34 mile club ride this morning helped burn off a few calories.

Me too. I did a cold, windy, hilly 38 miles before the lunch feast. According to my computer that gave me a 1350 calorie advantage.

NYMXer 11-26-16 08:11 AM


Originally Posted by qcpmsame (Post 19214048)
If it was real NY cheesecake I am surprised she didn't clock you for scarfing her slice, that is something you fight for.....

Bill

She was willing because she is a on "diet" and watching her figure. I told her I am already watching her figure and like what I see but that didn't stray her from the diet. Instead, I got her piece and shared (verbally) the deliciousness with her.
On a side note, I tried many times to explain to her that diet's work best when energy is exerted. For example, I told her that each slice of cheesecake means that I have to ride for 2 hours and that works for me.
BTW, it was delicious!

OldTryGuy 11-26-16 09:47 AM


Originally Posted by NYMXer (Post 19214088)
She was willing because she is a on "diet" and watching her figure. I told her I am already watching her figure and like what I see but that didn't stray her from the diet. Instead, I got her piece and shared (verbally) the deliciousness with her.
On a side note, I tried many times to explain to her that diet's work best when energy is exerted. For example, I told her that each slice of cheesecake means that I have to ride for 2 hours and that works for me.
BTW, it was delicious!

YOU ARE KILLING ME!!!!!!

MANY people do not appreciate a true NY Cheesecake and down here in FL, since 1986, it is pert near impossible to find it.

Oldguyonoldbike 11-26-16 10:18 AM

Tried not to indulge too much on Thanksgiving, but ended up eating much more than usual anyway. And pumpkin pie.
A local bike shop organized a Black Friday ride, so went out for 32 miles yesterday. I plan on doing the same tomorrow.
Sure beats going to Walmart and getting in a fight!

Scooty Puff Jr 11-26-16 05:08 PM


Originally Posted by NYMXer (Post 19214088)
She was willing because she is a on "diet" and watching her figure. I told her I am already watching her figure and like what I see but that didn't stray her from the diet. Instead, I got her piece and shared (verbally) the deliciousness with her.

Ha. :thumb:

I had a GF that kept bugging me to take her somewhere expensive to eat. So I took her to the airport and bought her a $8 hotdog.

OldTryGuy 11-26-16 07:29 PM


Originally Posted by Scooty Puff Jr (Post 19214928)
Ha. :thumb:

I had a GF that kept bugging me to take her somewhere expensive to eat. So I took her to the airport and bought her a $8 hotdog.

Now that's Puttin' On The Ritz :lol:

qcpmsame 11-26-16 08:08 PM


Originally Posted by OldTryGuy (Post 19214224)
YOU ARE KILLING ME!!!!!!

MANY people do not appreciate a true NY Cheesecake and down here in FL, since 1986, it is pert near impossible to find it.


To get actual NY cheesecake it was only when my wife took our daughter visiting colleges in 2004. When she was a the last stop of their circuit through New England Universities they hit NYC to visit our families college namesake:p, Barnard College, at Columbia. It was a fly in, visit the next morning and fly home. Being the kind, wonderful women they are a whole pizza and a cheesecake were in the checked luggage, safely protected from rogue baggage handlers. Yep, a whole pizza and cheesecake:thumb:, just for home duty. I have not ever found decent:twitchy: New York cheesecake in Florida, life is tough and you have to just suck it up and play the hand you're dealt.....:innocent:

You, FBinNY, are fortunate indeed to have such an understanding woman in your life and to be in the land of fantastic delis, pizzerias, and NY Cheesecake. But you probably are well aware of this.

Bill

OldTryGuy 11-27-16 09:38 AM


Originally Posted by qcpmsame (Post 19215290)
.....................I have not ever found decent:twitchy: New York cheesecake in Florida, life is tough and you have to just suck it up and play the hand you're dealt.....:innocent:................Bill

FIL purchased a 40' trawler south of Miami almost 20 years ago. I was with him bringing it to SW FL across Okeechobee. We stopped in Indiantown one night and I did indeed have a slice of authentic NY Style Cheesecake that was made by owner of the eatery. :love:

qcpmsame 11-28-16 06:25 AM

It may as well be back in NYC, that is about as distant as it is from here in the far western panhandle. Such is life.....

T Stew 11-30-16 12:14 AM

I emptied the tank ahead of time, ran the Flying Feather Four Miler Thanksgiving morning. Not to shabby I guess for not doing much any speedwork the last few months, 6:35 average pace and finished 33rd of 3277. A little chilly but still able to run barefoot like I usually do. Finishers got to take home a bottle of wine, and even in the goody bag they threw in little sample bottles of Jim Beam Apple. Now that is what I am talking about. :thumb:
I'm mostly done riding since the cold weather is setting in, but did a short ride the next day, all I had time for was about 20 miles. My first shod ride since last winter.

I tend to indulge on special occasions. I love to cook too so it's a dangerous combination.
I made everything from scratch of course, none of those store bought pies or stuffing in a box crap. For desert I made cinnamon rolls and sweet potato pie for my son and I. Turned out excellent. http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/a...psofsmyswx.gif
And of course I had a couple glasses of the wine I earned at the race.

Hope everyone had a happy holiday!
:beer:

shafter 11-30-16 07:38 AM


Originally Posted by T Stew (Post 19222018)
I emptied the tank ahead of time, ran the Flying Feather Four Miler Thanksgiving morning. Not to shabby I guess for not doing much any speedwork the last few months, 6:35 average pace and finished 33rd of 3277. A little chilly but still able to run barefoot like I usually do. Finishers got to take home a bottle of wine, and even in the goody bag they threw in little sample bottles of Jim Beam Apple. Now that is what I am talking about. :thumb:
I'm mostly done riding since the cold weather is setting in, but did a short ride the next day, all I had time for was about 20 miles. My first shod ride since last winter.

I tend to indulge on special occasions. I love to cook too so it's a dangerous combination.
I made everything from scratch of course, none of those store bought pies or stuffing in a box crap. For desert I made cinnamon rolls and sweet potato pie for my son and I. Turned out excellent. http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/a...psofsmyswx.gif
And of course I had a couple glasses of the wine I earned at the race.

Hope everyone had a happy holiday!
:beer:

Off topic, but have you read Born to Run? It's a barefoot running book.

I prefer to run im my fivefingers, when I have to run at all.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:58 PM.


Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.