Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  

Go Back   > >

General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

User Tag List

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-11-02, 01:35 PM   #1
Senior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: maine
Bikes: 2006 Trek 1500, 2008 Fuji Track
Posts: 74
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
what kind of derraileur (sp) do i need?

i have a trek 6000 from 1999 (maybe?). it has an acera front der. and a LX back der. I want to replace the front der., what type do i need? bottom pull? top pull? braze-on? i am confused.. would it be worth it to bring it to the LBS and have them replace the front der. and re-cable the shifting cables (they are getting sketchy)?
guapo337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-02, 03:28 PM   #2
Campag Fetish Boy
I'm newly in love
Campag Fetish Boy's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Wales
Bikes: Ribble Sportive 7005 Veloce
Posts: 178
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The best thing to do would to buy a Deore Front Mech, they fit all seat tube widths, work on top or bottom pull systems etc..... and they're quite decent bits of kit too.
Campag Fetish Boy is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:08 PM.

  • Ask a Question
    get answers from real people!
Click to start entering your question.