Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Front LED Blinker!

Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Front LED Blinker!

Old 11-02-18, 07:18 AM
  #51  
livedarklions
High Performance Noodler
 
livedarklions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: New England
Posts: 13,931

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7299 Post(s)
Liked 7,532 Times in 4,231 Posts
Originally Posted by superpletch View Post
x3

try not staring into the light, kind of like driving at night. just another post for people to complain about anything. and before you attack me for being reasonable I will turn my front light off when on a "greenway"

BS. I have no choice but to look straight ahead on a path if I want to ride with any level of responsibility. If we're passing in opposite directions, we are going to be looking right at each other if only just to see who is next to you and me on the upcoming pass. I don't have the option of turning my head away without endangering the pediestrian or other rider that might be alongside you. If you're pointing a flashing light directly into oncoming riders' eyes, you are absolutely compromising those riders' perception. It's an idiotic thing to do.
livedarklions is offline  
Old 11-02-18, 07:31 AM
  #52  
Rootman
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: NW Arkansas, USA
Posts: 1,031

Bikes: 2015 Giant Roam 2 Hybrid

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by livedarklions View Post
The OP was complaining specifically about high intensity blinkers, which I took to mean strobes. By your own account, you turn down the intensity, so I don't think you're doing what was complained about.

I really have no complaints about moderate intensity lights with slow blink rates. The strobes I'm complaining about are really airplane-level brightness being used for a purpose they're completely inappropriate for, and it is not, as some of the people here seem to be saying, just a matter of discomfort.
Just depends on how sensitive your eyes are or mind set is. I've had riders scream at me abut being blinded coming from the opposite way even though it was on low and slow blink, not sure what lumens it puts out on low, but high is 450. Despite the fact I have it aimed low some people react to certain things irrationally anyway.

Just the other day someone started to scream at me as I passed them on the MUP because I ride an ebike, stating they ought to be banned because we ride too fast. Funny thing is that the assist was off and I was passing him under my own power. I dropped back and told him so too then continued to pass him again under just my own power. People gripe about anything and everything and lumping them all together is just not going to gain anything. Because, how bright is too bright? How fast a blink is too fast? If it's a real issue then complain to law enforcement and demand something be done about it. Complaining on a forum nets you zero benefits.
Rootman is offline  
Old 11-02-18, 07:51 AM
  #53  
livedarklions
High Performance Noodler
 
livedarklions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: New England
Posts: 13,931

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7299 Post(s)
Liked 7,532 Times in 4,231 Posts
Originally Posted by Rootman View Post
Just depends on how sensitive your eyes are or mind set is. I've had riders scream at me abut being blinded coming from the opposite way even though it was on low and slow blink, not sure what lumens it puts out on low, but high is 450. Despite the fact I have it aimed low some people react to certain things irrationally anyway.

Just the other day someone started to scream at me as I passed them on the MUP because I ride an ebike, stating they ought to be banned because we ride too fast. Funny thing is that the assist was off and I was passing him under my own power. I dropped back and told him so too then continued to pass him again under just my own power. People gripe about anything and everything and lumping them all together is just not going to gain anything. Because, how bright is too bright? How fast a blink is too fast? If it's a real issue then complain to law enforcement and demand something be done about it. Complaining on a forum nets you zero benefits.

Look, there are complaining jerks everywhere, but we have people saying being seen from a half mile in broad daylight is their strobe's "job". Do the math on how bright that has to be by the time you close within a few feet of someone--it's the inverse square law.

And law enforcement on a path? Puh-leeeeze! That's never getting anywhere. I ride on paths in 2 states regularly and another state occasionally--who exactly am I supposed to lobby and should I quit my job to have the time?

I'm going to continue advocating telling people their lights are inappropriate for paths. If people who want to run optics experiments on other riders don't like it, good. Maybe they'll flip a switch so they don't have to deal with it.

And you seriously think it's hard to distinguish between a fast strobe rate and a slow blink? C'mon, you're grasping at straws.
livedarklions is offline  
Old 11-02-18, 08:18 AM
  #54  
Rootman
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: NW Arkansas, USA
Posts: 1,031

Bikes: 2015 Giant Roam 2 Hybrid

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by livedarklions View Post
Look, there are complaining jerks everywhere, but we have people saying being seen from a half mile in broad daylight is their strobe's "job". Do the math on how bright that has to be by the time you close within a few feet of someone--it's the inverse square law.

And law enforcement on a path? Puh-leeeeze! That's never getting anywhere. I ride on paths in 2 states regularly and another state occasionally--who exactly am I supposed to lobby and should I quit my job to have the time?

I'm going to continue advocating telling people their lights are inappropriate for paths. If people who want to run optics experiments on other riders don't like it, good. Maybe they'll flip a switch so they don't have to deal with it.

And you seriously think it's hard to distinguish between a fast strobe rate and a slow blink? C'mon, you're grasping at straws.
And posting on a bike forum is actually going to do anything? People are always going to complain, people are always going to have too bright a lights, or blink them too fast, or ride too fast or have the wrong type bike, or ... or... or. Just because YOU have issue with it doesn't mean that other's do too. And like I said, mine is NOT bright and does not blink fast and I still get yelled at. So being a nutjob and complaining on the trail or just moaning about it on a forum does exactly ZERO good. If you have issues about it then DO something about it. MUPS usually have some sort of governance group behind them, contact them and make it an issue. If it's a city trail then contact the parks department or police department. I know ours is patrolled by city police regularly. I stopped a cop a few years back and told them about some kid on a minibike riding the trail. I later caught up with him just in time to see them take the minibike from him.
Rootman is offline  
Old 11-02-18, 08:26 AM
  #55  
livedarklions
High Performance Noodler
 
livedarklions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: New England
Posts: 13,931

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7299 Post(s)
Liked 7,532 Times in 4,231 Posts
Originally Posted by Rootman View Post
And posting on a bike forum is actually going to do anything? People are always going to complain, people are always going to have too bright a lights, or blink them too fast, or ride too fast or have the wrong type bike, or ... or... or. Just because YOU have issue with it doesn't mean that other's do too. And like I said, mine is NOT bright and does not blink fast and I still get yelled at. So being a nutjob and complaining on the trail or just moaning about it on a forum does exactly ZERO good. If you have issues about it then DO something about it. MUPS usually have some sort of governance group behind them, contact them and make it an issue. If it's a city trail then contact the parks department or police department. I know ours is patrolled by city police regularly. I stopped a cop a few years back and told them about some kid on a minibike riding the trail. I later caught up with him just in time to see them take the minibike from him.
Have a nice day.
livedarklions is offline  
Old 11-02-18, 08:45 AM
  #56  
Rootman
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: NW Arkansas, USA
Posts: 1,031

Bikes: 2015 Giant Roam 2 Hybrid

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by livedarklions View Post
Have a nice day.
Yep, I will, blinking headlight and all.
Rootman is offline  
Old 11-02-18, 09:16 AM
  #57  
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: ,location, location
Posts: 10,594

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3140 Post(s)
Liked 2,395 Times in 1,594 Posts
The easiest way to end these issues are stop using flashing white lights. If you really feel you need to have a disco going on with your bike point the white light at your own eyes and use just a standard non-flashing light at the front like every other vehicle. If you were in an emergency situation I can see using a flashing light but normal riding does not warrant flashing white lights. Even the coppers and actual emergency vehicles don't use flashing white lights. Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should or that it will help you. Just get a good bright front light and you will be fine. Distance is going to help you out more than a flashing light.
veganbikes is offline  
Old 11-02-18, 09:32 AM
  #58  
livedarklions
High Performance Noodler
 
livedarklions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: New England
Posts: 13,931

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7299 Post(s)
Liked 7,532 Times in 4,231 Posts
Originally Posted by veganbikes View Post
the easiest way to end these issues are stop using flashing white lights. If you really feel you need to have a disco going on with your bike point the white light at your own eyes and use just a standard non-flashing light at the front like every other vehicle. If you were in an emergency situation i can see using a flashing light but normal riding does not warrant flashing white lights. Even the coppers and actual emergency vehicles don't use flashing white lights. Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should or that it will help you. Just get a good bright front light and you will be fine. Distance is going to help you out more than a flashing light.
+1
livedarklions is offline  
Old 11-02-18, 09:33 AM
  #59  
livedarklions
High Performance Noodler
 
livedarklions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: New England
Posts: 13,931

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7299 Post(s)
Liked 7,532 Times in 4,231 Posts
Originally Posted by Rootman View Post
Yep, I will, blinking headlight and all.

Don't whine so much when people yell at you. Maybe they have a point.
livedarklions is offline  
Old 11-02-18, 09:47 AM
  #60  
Rootman
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: NW Arkansas, USA
Posts: 1,031

Bikes: 2015 Giant Roam 2 Hybrid

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by livedarklions View Post
Don't whine so much when people yell at you. Maybe they have a point.
I don't, I only advise ****ers who think posting on a forum and whining about issues like lights being too bright from thinking it will solve anything instead of actually doing something about it in person.
Rootman is offline  
Old 11-02-18, 09:53 AM
  #61  
livedarklions
High Performance Noodler
 
livedarklions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: New England
Posts: 13,931

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7299 Post(s)
Liked 7,532 Times in 4,231 Posts
Originally Posted by Rootman View Post
I don't, I only advise ****ers who think posting on a forum and whining about issues like lights being too bright from thinking it will solve anything instead of actually doing something about it in person.

Well, I've actually seen people change their behavior as a result of my telling them their light is dangerous, so I'll stick with my strategy and you can whine about yours some more.
livedarklions is offline  
Old 11-02-18, 10:04 AM
  #62  
woodcraft
Senior Member
 
woodcraft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Nor Cal
Posts: 6,016
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1814 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 919 Times in 567 Posts
I also say something when lights are too dim.

The other day I passed a gal & told her that her rear blinky was so dim as to be worthless- could hardly see it 25' back.

She thanked me.
woodcraft is offline  
Old 11-02-18, 10:13 AM
  #63  
Rootman
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: NW Arkansas, USA
Posts: 1,031

Bikes: 2015 Giant Roam 2 Hybrid

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by livedarklions View Post
Well, I've actually seen people change their behavior as a result of my telling them their light is dangerous, so I'll stick with my strategy and you can whine about yours some more.
Well good for you. Have a cookie on me and a pat on the head. I too mention to people about things on the MUP, I had a brief chat with a couple last week after nearly colliding with them, they decided to stop mid MUP just outside of a blind corner after a tunnel. I told them that they were in the worst place possible to stop, they ignored me and I rode off. When I was about 50 feet away I heard the undeniable sound of bike colliding and yelling behind me as someone popped out of the tunnel and ran into them. I didn't even look back.

I also stick up for myself and other's too when the people, like you, are moaning and whining about things that just aren't true or taken too far. Me, I have a lower intensity flasher aimed low, even when goofs like you yell about it I am NOT turning it off. It's legal, safe and effective. But again, I remind you that griping about it on a forum does nothing, Taking action does, even when it's just telling them or telling authorities. Too bright a light? If its constantly a problem and they don't listen then notify someone who controls the MUP. Two years ago there was a rash of MTBers on a section of the MUP around here that kept jumping off their dirt trail onto the paved trail right next to it without looking, someone got hurt. Several people reported it to the governing committee that created the MUP and the police. In a few weeks there was a barricade up to prevent them from doing it. So, whine all you want to on a forum, unless you actually DO something, even just register the issue with authorities then you accomplish nothing. People sometimes listen, sometimes don't, if they don't and it's a genuine issue then report it.
Rootman is offline  
Old 11-02-18, 10:19 AM
  #64  
Flip Flop Rider
Senior Member
 
Flip Flop Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: South Carolina Upstate
Posts: 2,058

Bikes: 2010 Fuji Absolute 3.0 1994 Trek 850

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 738 Post(s)
Liked 526 Times in 303 Posts
didn't read. is the consensus a solid white light in the front? thanks
Flip Flop Rider is offline  
Old 11-02-18, 10:27 AM
  #65  
livedarklions
High Performance Noodler
 
livedarklions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: New England
Posts: 13,931

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7299 Post(s)
Liked 7,532 Times in 4,231 Posts
Originally Posted by Rootman View Post
I also stick up for myself and other's too when the people, like you, are moaning and whining about things that just aren't true or taken too far. Me, I have a lower intensity flasher aimed low, even when goofs like you yell about it I am NOT turning it off. It's legal, safe and effective. But again, I remind you that griping about it on a forum does nothing, Taking action does, even when it's just telling them or telling authorities. Too bright a light? If its constantly a problem and they don't listen then notify someone who controls the MUP. .
Yes, when I encounter someone on a MUP in the middle of a Saturday century ride and I'm 40 miles from home, I'll be sure to go to the local PD or City Hall and find the local person in charge and lodge a formal complaint against the miscreant. I have nothing better to do, and they'll start a massive manhunt for the culprit, right?

No, if more people say things to jerks with bright strobes, there will end up being fewer people who can pretend they don't understand that it's a dumb and inconsiderate thing to do. Encouraging people who bike a lot (like the people who read this forum generally do) to say something is my strategy, and I really don't have any reason to respect your opinion on whether it makes sense.

And I encounter plenty of people who have flashing lights that are neither disorienting nor painful--y'know what I say to them? "Good morning". I'm very polite to people who aren't addling my sense of vision.
livedarklions is offline  
Old 11-02-18, 10:40 AM
  #66  
Rootman
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: NW Arkansas, USA
Posts: 1,031

Bikes: 2015 Giant Roam 2 Hybrid

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by livedarklions View Post
Yes, when I encounter someone on a MUP in the middle of a Saturday century ride and I'm 40 miles from home, I'll be sure to go to the local PD or City Hall and find the local person in charge and lodge a formal complaint against the miscreant. I have nothing better to do, and they'll start a massive manhunt for the culprit, right?

No, if more people say things to jerks with bright strobes, there will end up being fewer people who can pretend they don't understand that it's a dumb and inconsiderate thing to do. Encouraging people who bike a lot (like the people who read this forum generally do) to say something is my strategy, and I really don't have any reason to respect your opinion on whether it makes sense.

And I encounter plenty of people who have flashing lights that are neither disorienting nor painful--y'know what I say to them? "Good morning". I'm very polite to people who aren't addling my sense of vision.
Well good on you, you won an argument on the internet, your momma must be so proud. They DO have these magic devices called phones and computers that you can report stuff like this ya know? No reason to actually pedal to the police station or whatever. Again, if it's an issue, then just do something, report the problem, document it. You said you already were telling people, then continue on doing it and just keep leaving the rest of us with our low watt blinkers alone. Despite the fact that I still get yelled at by people like you about my blinker, even though it IS low and slow, I will continue to ride with it just as I do. Until I see signs posted about not using them, or get stopped by a bike cop, I will continue to do so.
Rootman is offline  
Old 11-02-18, 11:10 AM
  #67  
livedarklions
High Performance Noodler
 
livedarklions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: New England
Posts: 13,931

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7299 Post(s)
Liked 7,532 Times in 4,231 Posts
Originally Posted by Rootman View Post
Well good on you, you won an argument on the internet, your momma must be so proud. They DO have these magic devices called phones and computers that you can report stuff like this ya know? No reason to actually pedal to the police station or whatever. Again, if it's an issue, then just do something, report the problem, document it. You said you already were telling people, then continue on doing it and just keep leaving the rest of us with our low watt blinkers alone. Despite the fact that I still get yelled at by people like you about my blinker, even though it IS low and slow, I will continue to ride with it just as I do. Until I see signs posted about not using them, or get stopped by a bike cop, I will continue to do so.

For the umpteenth time, I have never said anything to someone with a low powered flashing light so your assumption that you are encountering "people like" me yelling at you for nothing is rather stupid. Considering that one of the rideshare bikes in Boston has one built in that's always on when the bike is being pedaled, when I'm riding on the Paul Dudley White, I'd pretty much have to yell myself hoarse to complain about something that isn't really a problem. I'm yelling at people whose lights can be seen from upwards of a half mile away on a sunny day, don't know how many lumens that equates to, but these lights are not borderline inappropriate, they're absurd overkill.

So now, I'm supposed to stop my ride and call 911 for the bright flashing light? What the hell are you talking about? Maybe you live in Podunk and Barney Fife is waiting for your call, but I'm riding in big metropolitan areas that don't know it's someone calling about "crazy Uncle Jed with his whacky light thingamajig again". And what the hell am I documenting it for? Posterity? I have a ride to finish, I don't have any interest or time for that crap. Your suggestions are completely idiotic.

And no, I wasn't talking about "wining" internet arguments. I have told people in person their light is dangerous on a path, and I have been told by them they didn't know, and they switched it off. Yes, I consider it a good thing, no praise from momma needed.

I'm sorry the bad person made your feelings hurt when he told you a flashing light in a tunnel isn't a good idea or whatever the point of that cool story was.
livedarklions is offline  
Old 11-02-18, 11:22 AM
  #68  
Rootman
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: NW Arkansas, USA
Posts: 1,031

Bikes: 2015 Giant Roam 2 Hybrid

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by livedarklions View Post

<deleted nonsensical ramblings>

I'm sorry the bad person made your feelings hurt when he told you a flashing light in a tunnel isn't a good idea or whatever the point of that cool story was.
Wow dude, you need to stop take a pill or something, you have completely devolved into nonsense now. Keep doing what you are doing, and I'll keep doing what I am doing. I hope you you have success with it. Next time just read the comments before spouting off

End of conversation.

Last edited by Rootman; 11-02-18 at 11:27 AM.
Rootman is offline  
Old 11-02-18, 11:25 AM
  #69  
indyfabz
Senior Member
 
indyfabz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 35,752
Mentioned: 204 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16407 Post(s)
Liked 11,157 Times in 5,420 Posts
****?
indyfabz is offline  
Old 11-02-18, 12:11 PM
  #70  
livedarklions
High Performance Noodler
 
livedarklions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: New England
Posts: 13,931

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7299 Post(s)
Liked 7,532 Times in 4,231 Posts
Originally Posted by indyfabz View Post
****?

Don't know, I was too busy lobbying 37 police departments to set up an anti-bright strobe SWAT team per Rootman's suggestion.
livedarklions is offline  
Old 11-02-18, 12:42 PM
  #71  
u235
Senior Member
 
u235's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 1,185
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 437 Post(s)
Liked 132 Times in 86 Posts
The discussion of blinkers and when and where comes up every few months. I'm ignoring this one and to doing something better with my time like read about what chain lube is best

Last edited by u235; 11-02-18 at 12:45 PM.
u235 is offline  
Old 11-02-18, 01:59 PM
  #72  
Rootman
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: NW Arkansas, USA
Posts: 1,031

Bikes: 2015 Giant Roam 2 Hybrid

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by livedarklions View Post
Don't know, I was too busy lobbying 37 police departments to set up an anti-bright strobe SWAT team per Rootman's suggestion.
So, you decided to quite hanging onions from your belt and yelling at clouds then? Good on you!
Rootman is offline  
Old 11-02-18, 02:09 PM
  #73  
livedarklions
High Performance Noodler
 
livedarklions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: New England
Posts: 13,931

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7299 Post(s)
Liked 7,532 Times in 4,231 Posts
Originally Posted by Rootman View Post
So, you decided to quite hanging onions from your belt and yelling at clouds then? Good on you!
Do you have some sort of advanced degree in trite insults?

Now do "clown college".

BTW, you blew the "end of conversation" bit.
/ignore
livedarklions is offline  
Old 11-02-18, 02:10 PM
  #74  
no motor?
Unlisted member
 
no motor?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 6,193

Bikes: Specialized Hardrock

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1376 Post(s)
Liked 432 Times in 297 Posts
Originally Posted by u235 View Post
The discussion of blinkers and when and where comes up every few months. I'm ignoring this one and to doing something better with my time like read about what chain lube is best
Yep, and nothing really changes either.

Originally Posted by livedarklions View Post
Well, I've actually seen people change their behavior as a result of my telling them their light is dangerous, so I'll stick with my strategy and you can whine about yours some more.
I'm going to turn on an extra strobe light during tonights ride home in your honor.
no motor? is offline  
Old 11-02-18, 02:11 PM
  #75  
livedarklions
High Performance Noodler
 
livedarklions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: New England
Posts: 13,931

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7299 Post(s)
Liked 7,532 Times in 4,231 Posts
Originally Posted by no motor? View Post
Yep, and nothing really changes either.


I'm going to turn on an extra strobe light during tonights ride home in your honor.
Great, the guy you blind might run into you.
livedarklions is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.