Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

DIY Electrolytes Drink

Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

DIY Electrolytes Drink

Old 11-30-19, 08:06 PM
  #76  
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant
 
livedarklions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: New England
Posts: 15,369

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8058 Post(s)
Liked 8,848 Times in 4,927 Posts
Originally Posted by HerrKaLeun
There is a chance the supplements are not needed. Especially since I eat vegetables, and liver etc. But since all the food I eat comes without salt, I feel at least salt is needed. Even animals in nature crave salt...

At least I buy the supplements the cheapest way and not in magic bottles.
I supplement my sodium by buying the stuff at 59 cents a pound at the supermarket, putting it into a canister with holes in it, and sprinkling it on my food. I also supplement my black pepper needs in a similar manner.
livedarklions is offline  
Likes For livedarklions:
Old 12-01-19, 01:16 AM
  #77  
Metieval
Senior Member
 
Metieval's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,772

Bikes: Road bike, Hybrid, Gravel, Drop bar SS, hard tail MTB

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1172 Post(s)
Liked 274 Times in 192 Posts
Originally Posted by Flip Flop Rider
the one linked is simply salt tablets
you should learn how to read then. It is 8 ounce of Powder! Table salt substitute. aka "No Salt". but instead of giving it a fancy name, NOW brand just sell it as the mineral it is "Potassium Chloride Powder"

Salt would be a mineral consisting primarily of "sodium chloride".

The human body needs both, along with magnesium.

Magnesium being the most important. Especially for people with diets high in sugar, and for people eating processed foods. Along with eating mostly commercially grown foods.

All the stuff (KCl, NaCl, MgSO4) that people used to get enough of by eating normal food, before eating mass grown commercial farmed hybrid stuff in mineral depleted soils. The water they drink , like modern treated city water... isn't helping any either.
Metieval is offline  
Old 12-01-19, 01:31 AM
  #78  
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant
 
livedarklions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: New England
Posts: 15,369

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8058 Post(s)
Liked 8,848 Times in 4,927 Posts
Originally Posted by Metieval
you should learn how to read then. It is 8 ounce of Powder! Table salt substitute. aka "No Salt". but instead of giving it a fancy name, NOW brand just sell it as the mineral it is "Potassium Chloride Powder"

Salt would be a mineral consisting primarily of "sodium chloride".

The human body needs both, along with magnesium.

Magnesium being the most important. Especially for people with diets high in sugar, and for people eating processed foods. Along with eating mostly commercially grown foods.

All the stuff (KCl, NaCl, MgSO4) that people used to get enough of by eating normal food, before eating mass grown commercial farmed hybrid stuff in mineral depleted soils. The water they drink , like modern treated city water... isn't helping any either.
If you want to get technical about it, KCl is a salt.

I love how "natural food" people are so often taken in by the supplement industry marketing, and don't hesitate throwing god knows what chemicals into their body as long as someone makes the pseudo -scientific claims like our food-phobic friend does here. The supplement industry is so poorly regulated that any resemblance between the ingredients on the label and what's actually in the container might just be a coincidence. That label can say potassium chloride, but you really don't know what's in it. That kind of fraud is rampant.
livedarklions is offline  
Likes For livedarklions:
Old 12-01-19, 01:41 AM
  #79  
Metieval
Senior Member
 
Metieval's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,772

Bikes: Road bike, Hybrid, Gravel, Drop bar SS, hard tail MTB

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1172 Post(s)
Liked 274 Times in 192 Posts
Originally Posted by livedarklions
If you want to get technical about it, KCl is a salt.

I love how "natural food" people are so often taken in by the supplement industry marketing, and don't hesitate throwing god knows what chemicals into their body as long as someone makes the pseudo -scientific claims like our food-phobic friend does here. The supplement industry is so poorly regulated that any resemblance between the ingredients on the label and what's actually in the container might just be a coincidence. That label can say potassium chloride, but you really don't know what's in it. That kind of fraud is rampant.
So it is fraud because some Idiot (without proof) on the internet says it is Fraud? Okay then.......... Fake news is rampant these days. No data, no study, no lab report.... Not even an internet search with a few links to point to that NOW brand sells fraudulent supplements to back it up that it is fraud. Just an internet Fly by with no basis attack that has no merit. Or in layman terms, Corporate Slander.

Getting VERY technical Potassium and Sodium are different!


And Salt is Sodium Chloride, not potassium Chloride.

https://www.cdc.gov/salt/potassium.htm
Metieval is offline  
Old 12-01-19, 01:44 AM
  #80  
dim
Senior Member
 
dim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Cambridge UK
Posts: 1,704

Bikes: Trek Emonda SL6 .... Miyata One Thousand

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 28 Times in 21 Posts
juice of 1 orange
juice of 1 lemon
1 teaspoon of salt (rock salt of Himalayan salt)
2-3 tablespoons of Canadian maple syrup
1/2-3/4 cup of coconut water

this is very good
dim is offline  
Likes For dim:
Old 12-01-19, 01:56 AM
  #81  
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant
 
livedarklions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: New England
Posts: 15,369

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8058 Post(s)
Liked 8,848 Times in 4,927 Posts
Originally Posted by Metieval
So it is fraud because some Idiot (without proof) on the internet says it is Fraud? Okay then.......... Fake news is rampant these days. No data, no study, no lab report.... Not even an internet search with a few links to point to that NOW brand sells fraudulent supplements to back it up that it is fraud. Just an internet Fly by with no basis attack that has no merit. Or in layman terms, Corporate Slander.

Getting VERY technical Potassium and Sodium are different!


And Salt is Sodium Chloride, not potassium Chloride.

https://www.cdc.gov/salt/potassium.htm

Do you know what a salt is? Sodium chloride is one of many. So is potassium chloride. Get back to us when you learn some basic chemistry.

I have no idea what is in a box produced by Now, but the point is that the entire industry is so poorly regulated you don't either. There's plenty of proof of that if you care to google it. Start here: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4330859/#
livedarklions is offline  
Old 12-01-19, 02:01 AM
  #82  
Metieval
Senior Member
 
Metieval's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,772

Bikes: Road bike, Hybrid, Gravel, Drop bar SS, hard tail MTB

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1172 Post(s)
Liked 274 Times in 192 Posts
Originally Posted by livedarklions

I have no idea what is in a box produced by Now, but the point is that the entire industry is so poorly regulated you don't either. There's plenty of proof of that if you care to google it.
You have no Idea, yet 25 ish minutes ago you told us it was Fraud!

Now you want me to Prove your Argument? Uh no It does not work that way. You made the argument, and now it is your burden to prove your argument.

However you just proved your argument as FALSE, because you just admitted to not Knowing about the NOW brand.
Metieval is offline  
Old 12-01-19, 02:05 AM
  #83  
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant
 
livedarklions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: New England
Posts: 15,369

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8058 Post(s)
Liked 8,848 Times in 4,927 Posts
Originally Posted by dim
juice of 1 orange
juice of 1 lemon
1 teaspoon of salt (rock salt of Himalayan salt)
2-3 tablespoons of Canadian maple syrup
1/2-3/4 cup of coconut water

this is very good

Throw in a little olive oil and I'd put that on a salad. Sounds like a good drink.
livedarklions is offline  
Old 12-01-19, 02:09 AM
  #84  
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant
 
livedarklions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: New England
Posts: 15,369

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8058 Post(s)
Liked 8,848 Times in 4,927 Posts
Originally Posted by Metieval
You have no Idea, yet 25 ish minutes ago you told us it was Fraud!

Now you want me to Prove your Argument? Uh no It does not work that way. You made the argument, and now it is your burden to prove your argument.

However you just proved your argument as FALSE, because you just admitted to not Knowing about the NOW brand.

Might want to work on your reading comprehension as well as basic chemistry. You're literally arguing with stuff I didn't say. Where did I allege anything about that brand specifically?

And again, if you think I'm making the stuff up about rampant mislabeling: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4330859/#
livedarklions is offline  
Old 12-01-19, 08:39 AM
  #85  
slowpacer
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: SoCal
Posts: 119
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked 24 Times in 17 Posts
Originally Posted by dim
juice of 1 orange
juice of 1 lemon
1 teaspoon of salt (rock salt of Himalayan salt)
2-3 tablespoons of Canadian maple syrup
1/2-3/4 cup of coconut water

this is very good
Very good indeed but i usually just drink lemon water because i'm diabetic.
slowpacer is offline  
Old 12-01-19, 09:23 AM
  #86  
Sy Reene
Advocatus Diaboli
 
Sy Reene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Wherever I am
Posts: 8,266

Bikes: Merlin Cyrene, Nashbar steel CX

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4491 Post(s)
Liked 1,391 Times in 897 Posts
Originally Posted by dim
juice of 1 orange
juice of 1 lemon
1 teaspoon of salt (rock salt of Himalayan salt)
2-3 tablespoons of Canadian maple syrup
1/2-3/4 cup of coconut water

this is very good
sounds tasty, but looks like this equates to maybe 12ozs of liquid? scaling to a couple bike bottles (~40ozs+) would be pretty pricey and work?
Sy Reene is offline  
Old 12-02-19, 04:10 PM
  #87  
JoeKahno
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 86

Bikes: Bridgestone Albelt with a second Bridgestone chain drive as a backup

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by MoAlpha
Actually, sodium and potassium are absorbed into the body by independent mechanisms, which don't affect each other. You may be referring to the Na/K ATPase, which maintains the charge and concentration gradients for Na+ and K+ across cell membranes, but you would die in ventricular fibrillation long before your potassium could get that low enough to affect that.

Both, Na and K, however, are made significantly more efficient in the presence of glucose. This is one reason there is sugar in electrolyte drinks. The other is that potassium salts taste horrible. There probably is an excess of sugar in most of the commercial stuff.
Check out the Oral Rehydration Therapy Wiki.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oral_rehydration_therapy

The WHO formula may not taste very good, (the original gatoraid didn't), but it's been field tested on millions of kids that would otherwise have crapped themselves to death. The sports drinks on the store shelf are basically sugar water and marketing hype. Measured, premixed, rehydration packets are obscenely overpriced to rip off the prepper and SHTF folks. The raw materials work out to around ten cents a liter. Dry mixed they have a moderate shelf life but it's better to do small batches. After adding water, use the same day.
JoeKahno is offline  
Old 12-02-19, 04:56 PM
  #88  
fixedinsand
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: New Jersey USA
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
For 2 quarts, Morton lite salt-1.5 tea spoon
sugar-.5 cup
cranberry juice(just cranberry)-1 cup
fill the rest with water.
fixedinsand is offline  
Old 12-02-19, 05:14 PM
  #89  
MoAlpha
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Land of Pleasant Living
Posts: 11,161

Bikes: Shmikes

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9188 Post(s)
Liked 5,094 Times in 2,714 Posts
Originally Posted by JoeKahno
Check out the Oral Rehydration Therapy Wiki.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oral_rehydration_therapy

The WHO formula may not taste very good, (the original gatoraid didn't), but it's been field tested on millions of kids that would otherwise have crapped themselves to death. The sports drinks on the store shelf are basically sugar water and marketing hype. Measured, premixed, rehydration packets are obscenely overpriced to rip off the prepper and SHTF folks. The raw materials work out to around ten cents a liter. Dry mixed they have a moderate shelf life but it's better to do small batches. After adding water, use the same day.
That's better than most of the recipes above and the commercial products marketed for oral rehydration are an unconscionable ripoff from the NGO and developing nation point of view, but very handy for the first aid kit. However, this stuff intended for treatment of dehydration in clinical scenarios, e.g., vomiting and diarrhea, where water, sodium, and, especially, potassium losses are often very significant and osmolarity has to be kept low because water absorption by the large bowel is impaired in patients with diarrhea. The goal in athletes, military personnel, and other healthy individuals working for prolonged periods in the heat is to avoid dehydration by replacing water and sodium online, a different issue. I'm no defender of sports drink hype, but Gatorade powder is a cheap and totally effective option.
MoAlpha is offline  
Old 12-02-19, 06:58 PM
  #90  
Flip Flop Rider
Senior Member
 
Flip Flop Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: South Carolina Upstate
Posts: 2,083

Bikes: 2010 Fuji Absolute 3.0 1994 Trek 850

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 755 Post(s)
Liked 543 Times in 312 Posts
Originally Posted by Metieval
you should learn how to read then. It is 8 ounce of Powder! Table salt substitute. aka "No Salt". but instead of giving it a fancy name, NOW brand just sell it as the mineral it is "Potassium Chloride Powder"

Salt would be a mineral consisting primarily of "sodium chloride".

The human body needs both, along with magnesium.

Magnesium being the most important. Especially for people with diets high in sugar, and for people eating processed foods. Along with eating mostly commercially grown foods.

All the stuff (KCl, NaCl, MgSO4) that people used to get enough of by eating normal food, before eating mass grown commercial farmed hybrid stuff in mineral depleted soils. The water they drink , like modern treated city water... isn't helping any either.

someone asked a question about the product "Does this taste like salt?" and the reply was, it is salt

I'll refer them to your explanation
Flip Flop Rider is offline  
Old 12-02-19, 07:20 PM
  #91  
Metieval
Senior Member
 
Metieval's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,772

Bikes: Road bike, Hybrid, Gravel, Drop bar SS, hard tail MTB

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1172 Post(s)
Liked 274 Times in 192 Posts
Originally Posted by Flip Flop Rider
someone asked a question about the product "Does this taste like salt?" and the reply was, it is salt

I'll refer them to your explanation
But not you! you called a non salt powder, a salt tablet.

let me know when you figure out the difference between a powder form and tablets!

Originally Posted by Flip Flop Rider
Originally Posted by Metieval
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...0?ie=UTF8&th=1

or from Swansons, or vitamin shoppe, or Lucky vitamin, or your local healthfood store.
the one linked is simply salt tablets
Metieval is offline  
Old 12-02-19, 08:29 PM
  #92  
peterraymond
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
I'll admit that at some point I just skipped to the end of this thread, but I did want to mention a study I once read about. First a qualifier: A lot of studies show less than the headline promises and also a lot are on such small samples sizes that they aren't particularly reliable. Further, lots of studies show interesting things, but retests can't reproduce the results. Finally, lots of us take these studies more seriously than they deserve.

OK, having said all that, the study I looked looked at feeding different levels of sugar to endurance athletes. What they found was that performance improved right up to the point where the athletes threw up. But for rides of an hour, I'm sure water is just fine. Oh, but caffeine has been shown to enhance performance.

I also read (in a book!) that the population exploded in Ireland after potatoes showed up from the new world. Turns out that dairy and potatoes work reasonably well and there was a similar population burst in China when potatoes showed up there. I'd say that nutrition doesn't have to be perfect.
peterraymond is offline  
Old 12-03-19, 03:55 AM
  #93  
subgrade
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Saulkrasti, Latvia
Posts: 891

Bikes: Focus Crater Lake

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 391 Post(s)
Liked 333 Times in 202 Posts
Originally Posted by peterraymond
I also read (in a book!) that the population exploded in Ireland after potatoes showed up from the new world. Turns out that dairy and potatoes work reasonably well and there was a similar population burst in China when potatoes showed up there. I'd say that nutrition doesn't have to be perfect.
Reproducing and surviving isn't exactly an endurance sport, is it?
subgrade is offline  
Old 12-03-19, 07:19 AM
  #94  
Flip Flop Rider
Senior Member
 
Flip Flop Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: South Carolina Upstate
Posts: 2,083

Bikes: 2010 Fuji Absolute 3.0 1994 Trek 850

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 755 Post(s)
Liked 543 Times in 312 Posts
Originally Posted by Metieval
But not you! you called a non salt powder, a salt tablet.

let me know when you figure out the difference between a powder form and tablets!
still working on it!
Flip Flop Rider is offline  
Old 12-03-19, 08:06 AM
  #95  
unterhausen
Randomhead
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Happy Valley, Pennsylvania
Posts: 23,446
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 2,959 Times in 2,033 Posts
when I started taking ACE inhibitor, I found out that it promotes blood levels of potassium and too much of that can make you nauseous or even kill you. So I started using salt pills. I also found out that multivitamin all seem to have significant amounts of potassium in them. Even before that, I had trouble with electrolyte tablets burning my stomach. It's not always possible to eat enough real food while riding, and I'm really sensitive to not having enough salt in my food.
unterhausen is offline  
Old 12-03-19, 08:46 AM
  #96  
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant
 
livedarklions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: New England
Posts: 15,369

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8058 Post(s)
Liked 8,848 Times in 4,927 Posts
Originally Posted by JoeKahno
Check out the Oral Rehydration Therapy Wiki.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oral_rehydration_therapy

The WHO formula may not taste very good, (the original gatoraid didn't), but it's been field tested on millions of kids that would otherwise have crapped themselves to death. The sports drinks on the store shelf are basically sugar water and marketing hype. Measured, premixed, rehydration packets are obscenely overpriced to rip off the prepper and SHTF folks. The raw materials work out to around ten cents a liter. Dry mixed they have a moderate shelf life but it's better to do small batches. After adding water, use the same day.

That's a formula for use with 5 year olds with diarrhea. What does that have to do with the needs of people under exertion? It's a completely different mechanism of electrolyte loss. Basically, the oral rehydration is substituting for electrolyte absorption from food, and it's short-term to deal with illness.

You'll note that the wiki you cite also lists some risks of overdose, which people in this thread seem to be ignoring.
livedarklions is offline  
Old 12-03-19, 08:51 AM
  #97  
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant
 
livedarklions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: New England
Posts: 15,369

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8058 Post(s)
Liked 8,848 Times in 4,927 Posts
Originally Posted by unterhausen
when I started taking ACE inhibitor, I found out that it promotes blood levels of potassium and too much of that can make you nauseous or even kill you. So I started using salt pills. I also found out that multivitamin all seem to have significant amounts of potassium in them. Even before that, I had trouble with electrolyte tablets burning my stomach. It's not always possible to eat enough real food while riding, and I'm really sensitive to not having enough salt in my food.
If you're a man, another thing to watch out for in multivitamins is iron. Supplementing iron is really bad for the prostate.
livedarklions is offline  
Old 12-03-19, 10:40 AM
  #98  
peterraymond
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
There is stuff you can buy which is claimed to have exotic stuff in it to allow you to absorb more fluids and/or electrolytes. To sort of slip it past the absorption limitations of the stomach lining. But a cheap DIY drink is not this. I've thought that unless you are in the TDF that water and salt tablets may just work fine. Supplement that with something to eat to maintain energy and you are good to go. This doesn't insure all the minerals you need in the long run. I might include a banana in my food and call it good.

But, people have been horrified when have I suggested this, so maybe something important gets missed. Maybe not.
peterraymond is offline  
Old 12-03-19, 11:36 AM
  #99  
MoAlpha
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Land of Pleasant Living
Posts: 11,161

Bikes: Shmikes

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9188 Post(s)
Liked 5,094 Times in 2,714 Posts
Salt tabs work, but are discouraged because Na and water need to be delivered in the correct proportion and it's much easier to get it right when they're in the same bottle.
MoAlpha is offline  
Old 12-03-19, 12:10 PM
  #100  
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant
 
livedarklions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: New England
Posts: 15,369

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8058 Post(s)
Liked 8,848 Times in 4,927 Posts
Originally Posted by MoAlpha
Salt tabs work, but are discouraged because Na and water need to be delivered in the correct proportion and it's much easier to get it right when they're in the same bottle.
Best sports drink I ever had was a bowl of pho on a 100 degree day, chased by several glasses of water.. Dinner break about 100 miles into a 150 mile ride. Sodium seemed to balance itself pretty well.
livedarklions is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.