Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

MN Tour de Doughnut!

Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

MN Tour de Doughnut!

Old 07-18-20, 01:10 PM
  #1  
sdmc530
Heft On Wheels
Thread Starter
 
sdmc530's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 2,774

Bikes: Specialized,Cannondale,Argon 18

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 746 Post(s)
Liked 303 Times in 223 Posts
MN Tour de Doughnut!

Had the MN tour de doughnut this morning, was great fun. Kaden my son (9) and my dad (71) rode with me. Only bike event probably doing this year so we made the most of it! This is a copy of the original event, just in MN instead of IN.

Kaden right behind me, dad in the back...





FINISH! He got 3 down.


We were just excited to have an actual event to bike....been a trying year!
sdmc530 is offline  
Old 07-19-20, 07:02 AM
  #2  
Tanstaafl
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 158

Bikes: Specialized Crosstrails

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 28 Times in 9 Posts
We used to have a Tour-de-Doughnut here in Houston. Great fun, though I couldn't bring myself to eat a bunch of doughnuts and undo all the good a ride was doing me. I think I ate 3 or 4 donuts.

Some folks were not feeling so diet restricted. The "winner" of the race that day ate 26 doughnuts and had an adjusted overall time of 20 minutes for a 34 mile ride. I don't think I will ever understand how someone can eat that many donuts and be able to ride a bike.
Tanstaafl is offline  
Likes For Tanstaafl:
Old 07-19-20, 07:37 AM
  #3  
Wileyrat
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Tucson Az
Posts: 1,565

Bikes: 2015 Ridley Fenix, 1983 Team Fuji, 2019 Marin Nail Trail 6, and a few dust collectors

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 304 Post(s)
Liked 132 Times in 86 Posts
Awesome pics!

While we don't have a Tour de Doughnut here in Tucson, we do have a Tour de Cookie, and it's a good time.
Wileyrat is offline  
Likes For Wileyrat:
Old 07-19-20, 09:17 AM
  #4  
sdmc530
Heft On Wheels
Thread Starter
 
sdmc530's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 2,774

Bikes: Specialized,Cannondale,Argon 18

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 746 Post(s)
Liked 303 Times in 223 Posts
Originally Posted by Tanstaafl View Post
We used to have a Tour-de-Doughnut here in Houston. Great fun, though I couldn't bring myself to eat a bunch of doughnuts and undo all the good a ride was doing me. I think I ate 3 or 4 donuts.

Some folks were not feeling so diet restricted. The "winner" of the race that day ate 26 doughnuts and had an adjusted overall time of 20 minutes for a 34 mile ride. I don't think I will ever understand how someone can eat that many donuts and be able to ride a bike.
Last year I did the competitive 33 mile race. Winner has a negative time....he ate so many dang doughnuts it was insane. He was sick as a dog! The time bonus for eating is pretty high if you get over a dozen. I just remember him pulling out of the parking lot after it was all over and puking his brains out!!

I eat....one...my stomach can't handle eating that stuff and riding....
sdmc530 is offline  
Old 07-19-20, 09:18 AM
  #5  
sdmc530
Heft On Wheels
Thread Starter
 
sdmc530's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 2,774

Bikes: Specialized,Cannondale,Argon 18

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 746 Post(s)
Liked 303 Times in 223 Posts
Originally Posted by Wileyrat View Post
Awesome pics!

While we don't have a Tour de Doughnut here in Tucson, we do have a Tour de Cookie, and it's a good time.
this would be an easier to manage. I mean doughnut for a couple hundred people?! The logistics must be a nightmare..cookies make way more sense. But I just like to ride so I don't have to deal with any of it.
sdmc530 is offline  
Old 07-19-20, 10:56 AM
  #6  
Wileyrat
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Tucson Az
Posts: 1,565

Bikes: 2015 Ridley Fenix, 1983 Team Fuji, 2019 Marin Nail Trail 6, and a few dust collectors

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 304 Post(s)
Liked 132 Times in 86 Posts
Originally Posted by sdmc530 View Post
this would be an easier to manage. I mean doughnut for a couple hundred people?! The logistics must be a nightmare..cookies make way more sense. But I just like to ride so I don't have to deal with any of it.
I rode it once. I ate 5 or 6 cookies, and the rest went into my jersey pocket.
Wileyrat is offline  
Old 07-19-20, 12:38 PM
  #7  
sdmc530
Heft On Wheels
Thread Starter
 
sdmc530's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 2,774

Bikes: Specialized,Cannondale,Argon 18

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 746 Post(s)
Liked 303 Times in 223 Posts
Originally Posted by Wileyrat View Post
I rode it once. I ate 5 or 6 cookies, and the rest went into my jersey pocket.
your not doing that with a doughnut lol.....can't steal them like a cookie.
sdmc530 is offline  
Old 07-19-20, 02:20 PM
  #8  
Wileyrat
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Tucson Az
Posts: 1,565

Bikes: 2015 Ridley Fenix, 1983 Team Fuji, 2019 Marin Nail Trail 6, and a few dust collectors

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 304 Post(s)
Liked 132 Times in 86 Posts
Originally Posted by sdmc530 View Post
your not doing that with a doughnut lol.....can't steal them like a cookie.
​​​​​​Not stealing anything, you aren't expected to eat every cookie you get. They put them in baggies with the stand sponsors info for a reason.

​​​​​you are right about one thing, I'm not riding around with my jersey pockets jammed full of hartburn inducing doughnuts.
Wileyrat is offline  
Likes For Wileyrat:
Old 07-19-20, 06:04 PM
  #9  
sdmc530
Heft On Wheels
Thread Starter
 
sdmc530's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 2,774

Bikes: Specialized,Cannondale,Argon 18

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 746 Post(s)
Liked 303 Times in 223 Posts
Originally Posted by Wileyrat View Post
​​​​​​Not stealing anything, you aren't expected to eat every cookie you get. They put them in baggies with the stand sponsors info for a reason.

​​​​​you are right about one thing, I'm not riding around with my jersey pockets jammed full of hartburn inducing doughnuts.

your correct, stealing was the very wrong word to use. They usually have so much left over they are begging us to take some home.

I did have a gel break in my back pocket one time...that was very gross....
sdmc530 is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.