Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Diversity Day for my road bikes

Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Diversity Day for my road bikes

Old 03-23-21, 09:28 AM
  #1  
joesch
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
joesch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Hotel CA / DFW
Posts: 1,055

Bikes: 83 Colnago Super, 87 50th Daccordi, 79 & 87 Guerciotti's, 90s Colnago Master and Titanio, 96 Serotta Colorado TG, 95/05 Colnago C40/C50, 06 DbyLS TI, 08 Lemond Filmore FG SS, 12 Cervelo R3, 20/15 Surly Stragler & Steamroller

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 332 Post(s)
Liked 264 Times in 187 Posts
Diversity Day for my road bikes





Plan to share the love between my four CA road bikes for a CNote(M) or metric century.

The diversity is Columbus SL, SLX, TI, and carbon frames. Also old school vs newer tech brifters and carbon wheels.

Also wanted to get in some training using full Eroica bike which was my Colnago Super with strapped pedals (Shimano PD-7100) which I find more comfortable than the Campy SR that should be on that setup. They have nice flat platforms. The hills in my Temecula area are good for this plan and I can make my garage the departure / return point for each segment (4).

Rode Colnago Super 1985 (SL), Guerciotti Super Corsa circa 1979 (SLX), custom Litespeed by Douglass TI, and Cervelo carbon bikes yesterday to ride my new age (BD) day miles CNote(M) or metric century. Was fun to share the love and compare the riding efforts. The tech improvement that I really prefer is the clip less pedals as I never really enjoy the extra effort to kick into the straps and stay in the straps. I really dont mind the down tube shifting including friction or indexed. The Campy SR shifting works very well. The Guerciotti has nice tubulars and with the SLX frame, this ride really has a nice feel for the road. The TI and Carbon are lighter setups and as such really make the climbing efforts and acceleration easier and quicker.

Plan worked out very well, a success. Really enjoyed each switchover and the chance to refuel and relax. Was a cool day in the 60s and the winds provided some extra training especially when heads into my climbs.

Last edited by joesch; 03-23-21 at 09:59 AM. Reason: add pix
joesch is offline  
Likes For joesch:
Old 03-23-21, 11:49 AM
  #2  
ooga-booga
lead on, macduff!
 
ooga-booga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: insane diego, california
Posts: 6,753

Bikes: 85 pinarello treviso steel, 88 nishiki olympic steel. 95 look kg 131 carbon, 11 trek madone 5.2 carbon

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1149 Post(s)
Liked 1,597 Times in 879 Posts
Originally Posted by joesch View Post




Plan to share the love between my four CA road bikes for a CNote(M) or metric century.

The diversity is Columbus SL, SLX, TI, and carbon frames. Also old school vs newer tech brifters and carbon wheels.

Also wanted to get in some training using full Eroica bike which was my Colnago Super with strapped pedals (Shimano PD-7100) which I find more comfortable than the Campy SR that should be on that setup. They have nice flat platforms. The hills in my Temecula area are good for this plan and I can make my garage the departure / return point for each segment (4).

Rode Colnago Super 1985 (SL), Guerciotti Super Corsa circa 1979 (SLX), custom Litespeed by Douglass TI, and Cervelo carbon bikes yesterday to ride my new age (BD) day miles CNote(M) or metric century. Was fun to share the love and compare the riding efforts. The tech improvement that I really prefer is the clip less pedals as I never really enjoy the extra effort to kick into the straps and stay in the straps. I really dont mind the down tube shifting including friction or indexed. The Campy SR shifting works very well. The Guerciotti has nice tubulars and with the SLX frame, this ride really has a nice feel for the road. The TI and Carbon are lighter setups and as such really make the climbing efforts and acceleration easier and quicker.

Plan worked out very well, a success. Really enjoyed each switchover and the chance to refuel and relax. Was a cool day in the 60s and the winds provided some extra training especially when heads into my climbs.
nice collection. not to body shame any of the others but that litespeed is fire.
ooga-booga is offline  
Likes For ooga-booga:
Old 03-23-21, 12:21 PM
  #3  
CAT7RDR
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Hacienda Hgts
Posts: 1,375

Bikes: 1999 Schwinn Peloton Ultegra 10, Kestrel RT-1000 Ultegra, Trek Marlin 6 Deore 29'er

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 517 Post(s)
Liked 1,060 Times in 565 Posts
Okay, I admit I have looked for about 20 minutes for blue camo bar tape that matches that Colnago w/o success.
What gives? Lizard Skin has a blue camo for bats that comes close.
CAT7RDR is offline  
Old 03-23-21, 01:11 PM
  #4  
Oldguyonoldbike
Senior Member
 
Oldguyonoldbike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Norman, OK
Posts: 767

Bikes: Casati Laser, Colnago Tecnos, Ciöcc Exige, Black Mountain Cycles Road

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked 107 Times in 54 Posts
I like the Record / Dura-Ace combo on the Litespeed. That's one of the few Shimano cranksets that I like the look of.
Oldguyonoldbike is offline  
Likes For Oldguyonoldbike:
Old 03-23-21, 01:15 PM
  #5  
tomato coupe
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,533

Bikes: Colnago, Van Dessel, Factor, Cervelo, Ritchey

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1566 Post(s)
Liked 2,401 Times in 1,001 Posts
That's not diversity -- I see the same water bottle on all four bikes.
tomato coupe is offline  
Old 03-23-21, 01:30 PM
  #6  
joesch
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
joesch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Hotel CA / DFW
Posts: 1,055

Bikes: 83 Colnago Super, 87 50th Daccordi, 79 & 87 Guerciotti's, 90s Colnago Master and Titanio, 96 Serotta Colorado TG, 95/05 Colnago C40/C50, 06 DbyLS TI, 08 Lemond Filmore FG SS, 12 Cervelo R3, 20/15 Surly Stragler & Steamroller

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 332 Post(s)
Liked 264 Times in 187 Posts
Originally Posted by CAT7RDR View Post
Okay, I admit I have looked for about 20 minutes for blue camo bar tape that matches that Colnago w/o success.
What gives? Lizard Skin has a blue camo for bats that comes close.
Lizard Skin is nice but 4x the cost of this stuff which holds up very well, see Amazon:

Bike Handlebar Tapes,Bike Tape,Road Bike Grip Tape,Road Bicycle Bike Bar Wraps,Bicycle Bar Tape EVA Camouflage Series,Leather Bike Bar Tape Series with Bar End Plugs 2 Rolls (Camouflage Blue & White)

joesch is offline  
Likes For joesch:
Old 03-23-21, 01:32 PM
  #7  
joesch
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
joesch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Hotel CA / DFW
Posts: 1,055

Bikes: 83 Colnago Super, 87 50th Daccordi, 79 & 87 Guerciotti's, 90s Colnago Master and Titanio, 96 Serotta Colorado TG, 95/05 Colnago C40/C50, 06 DbyLS TI, 08 Lemond Filmore FG SS, 12 Cervelo R3, 20/15 Surly Stragler & Steamroller

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 332 Post(s)
Liked 264 Times in 187 Posts
Originally Posted by tomato coupe View Post
That's not diversity -- I see the same water bottle on all four bikes.
Actually the SS cages are all diff, blackburn on the Gucci, Arundel on the TI, and Kings on the Colnago. There is also that carbon cage on the Cervelo that is mostly decoration as I dont trust it like the steel cages.
joesch is offline  
Old 03-23-21, 01:34 PM
  #8  
Paul Barnard
For The Fun of It
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Louisissippi Coast
Posts: 5,015

Bikes: Lynskey Backroad, Litespeed T6, Lynskey MT29, Burley Duet

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1627 Post(s)
Liked 915 Times in 473 Posts
I'd ride all of that.
Paul Barnard is offline  
Likes For Paul Barnard:
Old 03-23-21, 01:34 PM
  #9  
joesch
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
joesch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Hotel CA / DFW
Posts: 1,055

Bikes: 83 Colnago Super, 87 50th Daccordi, 79 & 87 Guerciotti's, 90s Colnago Master and Titanio, 96 Serotta Colorado TG, 95/05 Colnago C40/C50, 06 DbyLS TI, 08 Lemond Filmore FG SS, 12 Cervelo R3, 20/15 Surly Stragler & Steamroller

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 332 Post(s)
Liked 264 Times in 187 Posts
Originally Posted by Oldguyonoldbike View Post
I like the Record / Dura-Ace combo on the Litespeed. That's one of the few Shimano cranksets that I like the look of.
Agree, I actually swapped a carbon crank to that DA.
joesch is offline  
Old 03-23-21, 10:14 PM
  #10  
frogman
Senior Member
 
frogman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Napa Valley, CA
Posts: 695

Bikes: Wife says I have too many :-)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 237 Post(s)
Liked 166 Times in 100 Posts
I'm jealous
frogman is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.