Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

High Flange Hubs in 135mm good quality - without breaking the bank?

Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

High Flange Hubs in 135mm good quality - without breaking the bank?

Old 03-25-21, 02:06 PM
  #1  
oneliterguy
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
High Flange Hubs in 135mm good quality - without breaking the bank?

Hello from Germany beloved community!
Im looking for a pretty new hub. I want to build a new rear wheel but just couldn't find the right hub! Btw. sorry for my crappy english I am out of training I guess?

So... what am I looking for?

-classic looking high flange hub
-decent quality (should be at least serviceable)
-silvery silver or polished
-36h or 32h
-shimano compatible freehub (9- or 10-speed)
-available in europe (ordering from us would be a pain in the butt. taxes, feest etc.)

Thanks a lot!
oneliterguy is offline  
Old 03-26-21, 09:06 PM
  #2  
Elvo
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 4,724
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 613 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 344 Times in 189 Posts
https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/.../rp-prod145298
Elvo is offline  
Likes For Elvo:
Old 03-27-21, 01:23 AM
  #3  
Germany_chris
Iím a little Surly
 
Germany_chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Southern Germany
Posts: 1,771

Bikes: Two Cross Checks and a Karate Monkey

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 419 Post(s)
Liked 732 Times in 370 Posts
Is there nothing on bike-components.de

There's a fairly large selection right now
Germany_chris is offline  
Old 03-27-21, 01:47 PM
  #4  
Bill in VA
Senior Member
 
Bill in VA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 715

Bikes: Current: 2016 Bianchi Volpe; 1973 Peugeot UO-8. Past: 1974 Fuji S-10-S with custom black Imron paint by Stinsman Racing of PA.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 208 Post(s)
Liked 193 Times in 133 Posts
I was going to suggest VeloOrange, but they are out of Silver. I have seen some of their products on some EU websites in the past.

I do not see the Grand Cru hubs listed anymore, but they had HF hubs and even a hi/lo rear. Maybe it is a pandemic supply issue.
Bill in VA is offline  
Old 03-27-21, 01:55 PM
  #5  
abshipp 
Senior Member
 
abshipp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Greenville SC
Posts: 3,558

Bikes: 1976 Motobecane Grand Jubile, 2014 Canfield Nimble 9, 2020 Holdsworth Competition

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2800 Post(s)
Liked 2,437 Times in 935 Posts
Originally Posted by oneliterguy View Post
Hello from Germany beloved community!
Im looking for a pretty new hub. I want to build a new rear wheel but just couldn't find the right hub! Btw. sorry for my crappy english I am out of training I guess?

So... what am I looking for?

-classic looking high flange hub
-decent quality (should be at least serviceable)
-silvery silver or polished
-36h or 32h
-shimano compatible freehub (9- or 10-speed)
-available in europe (ordering from us would be a pain in the butt. taxes, feest etc.)

Thanks a lot!
If you're looking for a rim brake hub, in addition to Velo Orange you may want to see if you can find a SunXCD hub, they're a very traditional high flange look and have a distributor in both the UK and France.
abshipp is offline  
Old 03-30-21, 03:30 AM
  #6  
oneliterguy
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Elvo View Post
had to remove the url in order to post
Thanks! Hope looks good. I heard that "superstrar components" offer same quality but for a lower price?


Originally Posted by Germany_chris View Post
Is there nothing on had to remove the url in order to post

There's a fairly large selection right now
Yeah, thanks! But bike-components only carries major brands. I thought that there might be also some good but unknown manufacturers?


Originally Posted by Bill in VA View Post
I was going to suggest VeloOrange, but they are out of Silver. I have seen some of their products on some EU websites in the past.

I do not see the Grand Cru hubs listed anymore, but they had HF hubs and even a hi/lo rear. Maybe it is a pandemic supply issue.
The VO one look good. But I forgot: I need a disc-hub, sorry for that!

Originally Posted by abshipp View Post
If you're looking for a rim brake hub, in addition to Velo Orange you may want to see if you can find a SunXCD hub, they're a very traditional high flange look and have a distributor in both the UK and France.
As far as I know: SunXCD got discontinued and got replaced by Grand Bois?
oneliterguy is offline  
Old 03-30-21, 06:17 AM
  #7  
abshipp 
Senior Member
 
abshipp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Greenville SC
Posts: 3,558

Bikes: 1976 Motobecane Grand Jubile, 2014 Canfield Nimble 9, 2020 Holdsworth Competition

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2800 Post(s)
Liked 2,437 Times in 935 Posts
Originally Posted by oneliterguy View Post
As far as I know: SunXCD got discontinued and got replaced by Grand Bois?
Hmm, not sure. If you go on the Cycles Grand Bois website they list their own house brand as well as SunXCD.

So you're looking for rear, disc brake, high flange, 32 or 36h, and polished silver. Do you need a thru-axle hub or a quick release hub?
abshipp is offline  
Old 03-30-21, 07:16 AM
  #8  
oneliterguy
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by abshipp View Post
Hmm, not sure. If you go on the Cycles Grand Bois website they list their own house brand as well as SunXCD.

So you're looking for rear, disc brake, high flange, 32 or 36h, and polished silver. Do you need a thru-axle hub or a quick release hub?
Right! I need QR.
oneliterguy is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.