Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Tour de-france type of riders, what's their deal?

Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Tour de-france type of riders, what's their deal?

Old 05-11-21, 09:11 PM
  #276  
Road Fan
Senior Member
 
Road Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Posts: 15,562

Bikes: 1980 Masi, 1984 Mondonico, 1984 Trek 610, 1980 Woodrup Giro, 2005 Mondonico Futura Leggera ELOS, 1967 PX10E, 1971 Peugeot UO-8

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1339 Post(s)
Liked 269 Times in 217 Posts
Originally Posted by PimpMan View Post
I call them "wanna be tour de-france riders" i see every day a few who dress fancy expensive riding clothes and ride bikes that cost more than grand and ride as if they trying to set world record in speed, (often are running trough red light).

They all are skinny and probably would be fast riding any bike, but when they invest in lighter bikes this get's them even faster.

Never understood this what this riders are all about, are they try to set world record in speed or something, i doubt that they ever will participating in any cycling sport events.

I know there's such thing as bicycle industry and marketing that popularize this, e.g. fishing industry for example and if you go to fishing store you see thousands of lures, hooks, and different types fancy rods when in reality do you really need to make it so complicated to catch a fish?

I know this is also some kind of popularized thing, but what is it all about?
Iím also not sure what it is ALL about, but if you like pedaling a bicycle, keep pedaling a bicycle. Donít worry about what those others are doing. I donít know what you ride, and really, donít care much. But thereís room for a lot of ways to enjoy pedaling.
Road Fan is offline  
Likes For Road Fan:
Old 05-12-21, 05:01 AM
  #277  
Hiro11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,416

Bikes: To the right: opinions, not facts.

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 658 Post(s)
Liked 285 Times in 159 Posts
What I learned from this thread:
- people that ride faster than many here are entitled jerks with a death wish who should slow down. They just don't "get cycling". The concept of using a bike for vigorous exercise is just 100% absurd.
- lycra is not very masculine and those who wear lycra are only doing so because they think it looks cool, and because they're jerks.
- spending over $1K on a bike is bad. Really bad. It makes the buyer a pretentious, smug, arrogant dick. Who do they think they are?
Hiro11 is offline  
Likes For Hiro11:
Old 05-12-21, 06:39 AM
  #278  
seypat
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 5,966
Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1880 Post(s)
Liked 816 Times in 565 Posts
Originally Posted by Hiro11 View Post
What I learned from this thread:
- people that ride faster than many here are entitled jerks with a death wish who should slow down. They just don't "get cycling". The concept of using a bike for vigorous exercise is just 100% absurd.
- lycra is not very masculine and those who wear lycra are only doing so because they think it looks cool, and because they're jerks.
- spending over $1K on a bike is bad. Really bad. It makes the buyer a pretentious, smug, arrogant dick. Who do they think they are?
You forgot about these:
People that ride slower than many here are entitled slackers who should speed up. They just don't "get cycling." The concept of using a bike, not necessarily for vigorous exercise is just 100% absurd.
Lycra is not very masculine. Those who wear lycra are only doing so because it improves their cycling experience. They might think they look cool also. If they look down on people who don't wear lycra, they are jerks.
Spending over $1K on a bike is bad if you can't afford it. Really bad. To some people, it makes the buyer a pretentious, smug, arrogant dick. Who do they think they are? To others, not spending over $1K on a bike will also make the buyer a smug, arrogant dick. Who do they think they are?

Anything else to add?

Last edited by seypat; 05-12-21 at 09:29 AM.
seypat is online now  
Likes For seypat:
Old 05-12-21, 06:52 AM
  #279  
PimpMan
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 71
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Troul View Post
i dont mind riding around on the lite weight bicycle. It's like a horse trying to drive the f1 sometimes. Clunky, heavier, & funny looking.
Exactly big dude on skinny frame bicycle going to look bit off.

If i make analogy with motorcycles, for some its Harley and Chopper for other fast sport bikes its a lifestyle choice.
PimpMan is offline  
Old 05-12-21, 09:16 AM
  #280  
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?
 
genejockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 6,058

Bikes: Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2997 Post(s)
Liked 3,095 Times in 1,564 Posts
Originally Posted by drbarney1 View Post
While I question the tight fitting shirts and shorts which might have a minuscule aerodynamic advantage approaching that of wearing a g-string, I am open to considering something as functional as cycling shoes. I will look up such specifically designed shoes to discover whether they feel better to use. It depends on what I can afford and I do not buy leather because I don't believe in killing animals to harvest their body parts.
It's not about aerodynamics, or at least not ALL about aerodynamics. Regarding the shorts, there's the pad, the absence of seams in the crotch, the fact that fabric moves with you so it doesn't rub and cause chafing, the fact that it gets your junk out of the way of the saddle, the fact that there's no loose fabric in the crotch to catch on the nose of the saddle as you sit back down after an out-of-saddle effort.

Jerseys - the wicking capacity of the fabric means you're not wearing a clingy, clammy T-shirt. I find that on most climbs, I end up dripping with sweat. Totally soaked. By the bottom of the descent, totally dry. So if you're going to wear 'performance fabric rather than a cotton T-shirt that won't wick sweat, you want it to fit snuggly so it does its job well. Loose, flappy clothing not only robs you of speed, it's also LOUD, and louder the faster you go.

Basically, millions of cyclists find all those advantages in cycling kit, because it works. It's been refined over decades to work better. So, really the question is no longer whether there's advantage in cycling kit. The question is where is the advantage in not wearing it? It's just trying to convince others you're not "one of those Lance wannabes", which means you end up being the one who really cares what other people think.
__________________
"Don't take life so serious-it ain't nohow permanent."
genejockey is offline  
Likes For genejockey:
Old 05-12-21, 07:41 PM
  #281  
David of CA
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Lance wannabe!

Originally Posted by surak View Post
Can't believe the OP missed the obvious answer that every non-cyclist yelling out of a car knows: they're all Lance wannabes.
Who would want to be a fraud?
David of CA is offline  
Old 05-13-21, 12:00 PM
  #282  
autonomy
Senior Member
 
autonomy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Boston Roads
Posts: 879

Bikes: 2012 Canondale Synapse 105, 2017 REI Co-Op ADV 3.1

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 448 Post(s)
Liked 121 Times in 74 Posts
Originally Posted by Rolla View Post
Hey, I resemble that remark.
Maybe NOW we can have a good flame war!
autonomy is offline  
Old 05-13-21, 07:28 PM
  #283  
BlazingPedals
Senior Member
 
BlazingPedals's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Middle of da Mitten
Posts: 11,821

Bikes: Trek 7500, RANS V-Rex, Optima Baron, Velokraft NoCom, M-5 Carbon Highracer, Catrike Speed

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1258 Post(s)
Liked 388 Times in 254 Posts
The thing with this forum is, it's for everyone. Not just for the people who think 15 mph is "racing," and not for those who actually race. There are types both here, as well as quite a few in between. Let's show some tolerance for others. You don't see the fast riders talking down about the slower riders; those out there in the first group should stop throwing wild accusations. I ride to make me happy, and I ride and wear what makes me happy. I don't care if I impress strangers or threaten their world view. It's all about me.

There, it's said.
BlazingPedals is offline  
Likes For BlazingPedals:
Old 05-14-21, 07:01 AM
  #284  
burnthesheep
Newbie racer
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 2,609

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1167 Post(s)
Liked 1,051 Times in 661 Posts
Originally Posted by BlazingPedals View Post
The thing with this forum is, it's for everyone. Not just for the people who think 15 mph is "racing," and not for those who actually race. There are types both here, as well as quite a few in between. Let's show some tolerance for others. You don't see the fast riders talking down about the slower riders; those out there in the first group should stop throwing wild accusations. I ride to make me happy, and I ride and wear what makes me happy. I don't care if I impress strangers or threaten their world view. It's all about me.

There, it's said.
While agreeing with this, let me qualify it by saying that this chat forum seems to allow a lot of intellectually dishonest troll efforts. To the credit of the moderators, usually the instigators play on people's kindness by at first appearing genuinely newer or in need of something. Making it tougher to sniff out.

Just looking at the topic title of this topic, one can fairly assume right off that it's an effort to demean a group of people or start some kind of flame war. "What's their deal". Really?

Then there's the "debate settled fact" types. The whole "heavier bike is better exercise" topic is literally the bicycle troll topic equivalent of "will a model airplane take off from a moving treadmill". The airplane treadmill thing is as old as the internet now, there's probably a Mythbusters video about it already. Anytime it's posted again, it's a troll effort. But somehow this stuff slips through.

Lastly there's the "make grandiose claims" crowd who then cry when asked for proof. That's a more subtle and advanced troll effort. It plays on the forum's open arms and politeness repeatedly until it's provoked sensible people to lash out. That's a forum sin in taking advantage of forum rules on politeness and people's kind nature.

I wish people would respect these kind of sensibilities just a bit more.
burnthesheep is offline  
Likes For burnthesheep:
Old 05-14-21, 09:29 AM
  #285  
livedarklions
Certified Class A Wanker
 
livedarklions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: New England
Posts: 9,341

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4836 Post(s)
Liked 4,047 Times in 2,276 Posts
Originally Posted by burnthesheep View Post
While agreeing with this, let me qualify it by saying that this chat forum seems to allow a lot of intellectually dishonest troll efforts. To the credit of the moderators, usually the instigators play on people's kindness by at first appearing genuinely newer or in need of something. Making it tougher to sniff out.

Just looking at the topic title of this topic, one can fairly assume right off that it's an effort to demean a group of people or start some kind of flame war. "What's their deal". Really?

Then there's the "debate settled fact" types. The whole "heavier bike is better exercise" topic is literally the bicycle troll topic equivalent of "will a model airplane take off from a moving treadmill". The airplane treadmill thing is as old as the internet now, there's probably a Mythbusters video about it already. Anytime it's posted again, it's a troll effort. But somehow this stuff slips through.

Lastly there's the "make grandiose claims" crowd who then cry when asked for proof. That's a more subtle and advanced troll effort. It plays on the forum's open arms and politeness repeatedly until it's provoked sensible people to lash out. That's a forum sin in taking advantage of forum rules on politeness and people's kind nature.

I wish people would respect these kind of sensibilities just a bit more.

Respect sensibilities? Have you seen the internet before?

I think there are naive posters who come here and say or ask something that's obviously uninformed and I have a high level of tolerance for them. OP is not one of those people, this was just pure troll.
livedarklions is online now  
Old 05-14-21, 09:43 AM
  #286  
burnthesheep
Newbie racer
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 2,609

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1167 Post(s)
Liked 1,051 Times in 661 Posts
Originally Posted by livedarklions View Post
Respect sensibilities? Have you seen the internet before?

I think there are naive posters who come here and say or ask something that's obviously uninformed and I have a high level of tolerance for them. OP is not one of those people, this was just pure troll.
Haha, for once I was trying to not be as much like I normally am. A turd. You nailed it here.
burnthesheep is offline  
Likes For burnthesheep:
Old 05-14-21, 09:48 AM
  #287  
Eric F
Habitual User
 
Eric F's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Altadena, CA
Posts: 1,298

Bikes: 2018 Storck Fascenario.3 Platinum, 2003 Time VX Special Pro, 2001 Colnago VIP, 1999 Trek 9900 singlespeed, 1977 Nishiki ONP

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 649 Post(s)
Liked 1,310 Times in 628 Posts
Originally Posted by David of CA View Post
Who would want to be a fraud?
Who is being a fraud?
Eric F is offline  
Old 05-14-21, 09:59 AM
  #288  
livedarklions
Certified Class A Wanker
 
livedarklions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: New England
Posts: 9,341

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4836 Post(s)
Liked 4,047 Times in 2,276 Posts
Originally Posted by Eric F View Post
Who is being a fraud?
Freud.
livedarklions is online now  
Likes For livedarklions:
Old 05-14-21, 10:00 AM
  #289  
Eric F
Habitual User
 
Eric F's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Altadena, CA
Posts: 1,298

Bikes: 2018 Storck Fascenario.3 Platinum, 2003 Time VX Special Pro, 2001 Colnago VIP, 1999 Trek 9900 singlespeed, 1977 Nishiki ONP

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 649 Post(s)
Liked 1,310 Times in 628 Posts
Originally Posted by PimpMan View Post
Exactly big dude on skinny frame bicycle going to look bit off.

If i make analogy with motorcycles, for some its Harley and Chopper for other fast sport bikes its a lifestyle choice.
Why are only skinny people are allowed to ride road bikes? What about guys who used to be skinny? I see people of all different sizes riding Harleys and sport bikes. Is that also a problem for you? Is every sport bike rider wearing full leathers pretending to be Mark Marquez?
Eric F is offline  
Old 05-14-21, 10:03 AM
  #290  
livedarklions
Certified Class A Wanker
 
livedarklions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: New England
Posts: 9,341

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4836 Post(s)
Liked 4,047 Times in 2,276 Posts
Originally Posted by Eric F View Post
Why are only skinny people are allowed to ride road bikes? What about guys who used to be skinny? I see people of all different sizes riding Harleys and sport bikes. Is that also a problem for you? Is every sport bike rider wearing full leathers pretending to be Mark Marquez?

You do realize you're arguing with a guy who calls himself PimpMan, right?

Who cares what offends him?
livedarklions is online now  
Old 05-14-21, 10:37 AM
  #291  
cbrstar
BMX Connoisseur
 
cbrstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Canada
Posts: 767

Bikes: 1988 Kuwahara Newport, 1983 Nishiki, 1984 Diamond Back Viper, 1991 Dyno Compe

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 394 Post(s)
Liked 102 Times in 65 Posts


If the OP and others think Roadie's look ridiculous. I can't imagine just how silly old guys like me riding around on children's bicycles must be.
cbrstar is offline  
Likes For cbrstar:
Old 05-14-21, 07:30 PM
  #292  
BlazingPedals
Senior Member
 
BlazingPedals's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Middle of da Mitten
Posts: 11,821

Bikes: Trek 7500, RANS V-Rex, Optima Baron, Velokraft NoCom, M-5 Carbon Highracer, Catrike Speed

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1258 Post(s)
Liked 388 Times in 254 Posts
A $25 Zebco rod/reel set will catch the same fish that a $500 set will. So why buy the expensive stuff? Maybe because the aficionado appreciates the higher build quality, the balance, the more predictable action, or even the fancier look. Who's to say they're wrong? Someone who doesn't fish? Yes,this is a troll thread.
BlazingPedals is offline  
Old 05-16-21, 09:17 PM
  #293  
fuji105
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by PimpMan View Post
Does this sport has a name i can read about because i never heard of it.

This actually brings me to the second point i forgot to make - when one is riding for health, not to compete with others.

Whats the actual difference if one ride light bicycle fast with many speeds vs one rides heavier bicycle slower speed, IMO at the end of the day person with heavier bicycle puts more effort into pedaling...
More effort on a heavy bike? Maybe, maybe not. It depends on the type of training or riding you're doing. Your heavy bike may take more effort, depending on how hard you push yourself and how long, but a rider on a lighter bike will work just as hard or harder because she is stressing her body to go faster (thus having to go faster). By the way, there is a difference between big strong muscles that can push or lift heavy weights and fast-twitch muscles that can make quick movements over an extended time period.
fuji105 is offline  
Old 05-16-21, 10:44 PM
  #294  
rsbob 
Sniveling Weasel
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: Seattle-ish
Posts: 1,187

Bikes: Rodriguez Racing Tandem, Fondriest Steelie, Bianchi Trofeo, Bianchi Infinito, Schwinn Varsity, Trek mtn

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 439 Post(s)
Liked 619 Times in 391 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric F View Post
Q. Why are only skinny people are allowed to ride road bikes?
A. I believe it is a state law in most states. Could go national.

Q. What about guys who used to be skinny?
A. People who have gained weight automatically forfeit their right, unless they return to being skinny and then are entitled to all the rights and privileges including a road bike.

Q. What about people of all sizes riding Harleys and sport bikes?
A. False equivalency? Apples and pears? Never seen an overweight person riding a sport bike. Might want an eye exam.
__________________
Rick Seattle-ish, Wa.

ďHe who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.Ē- Fredrick Nietzsche




Last edited by rsbob; 05-16-21 at 10:50 PM.
rsbob is offline  
Likes For rsbob:
Old 05-16-21, 11:23 PM
  #295  
caloso
Senior Member
 
caloso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Sacramento, California, USA
Posts: 40,201

Bikes: Ridley Excalibur, Gazelle Champion Mondial, On-One Pompino, Specialized Rock Hopper

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2674 Post(s)
Liked 2,279 Times in 1,070 Posts
Originally Posted by fuji105 View Post
More effort on a heavy bike? Maybe, maybe not. It depends on the type of training or riding you're doing. Your heavy bike may take more effort, depending on how hard you push yourself and how long, but a rider on a lighter bike will work just as hard or harder because she is stressing her body to go faster (thus having to go faster). By the way, there is a difference between big strong muscles that can push or lift heavy weights and fast-twitch muscles that can make quick movements over an extended time period.
Wouldn't you get a better workout with a heavier bike ?
caloso is online now  
Likes For caloso:
Old 05-19-21, 07:37 PM
  #296  
jconti13
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 12

Bikes: Cannondale Synapse Carbon Disc Ultegra Di2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Is this your sport troll?
jconti13 is offline  
Likes For jconti13:
Old 05-19-21, 09:25 PM
  #297  
Calsun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Posts: 52
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
If there were inherent virtues in heavy bikes then adding a few 5 lb weights to the bike would make it even better. What is interesting to me is how often folks will worry about saving an ounce with a new saddle but ignore the extra 20 lbs of belly fat or carry around 2 or even 3 water bottles and a 2 lb bike repair kit.

What is also overlooked is the choice provided by the bike manufacturers when it comes to components and saddles on bikes targeted at the casual rider. The heavier bike has cheaper deraillers, cheaper rims, cheaper brakes, and usually poor frame geometry and of course gearing that is wrong. I have seen the days when "race" bikes were built for criterion racers and were terrible for road racers or touring riders. When triathelons became popular it was great as the bikes built for competitors were the best overall for the average club rider or touring cyclist.

I have to laugh when someone thinks $1,000 is expensive for a bike. In college in 1970 the expensive bikes were the Italian ones that cost around $500 which in today's money is roughly $5,000. A lot of fellow riders had such bikes but they did not have cars or trucks to support.
Calsun is offline  
Old 05-19-21, 10:41 PM
  #298  
terrymorse 
climber has-been
 
terrymorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Posts: 4,239

Bikes: Scott Addict R1

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 908 Post(s)
Liked 706 Times in 399 Posts
Originally Posted by Calsun View Post
When triathelons became popular it was great as the bikes built for competitors were the best overall for the average club rider or touring cyclist.
Tri bikes are good for club rides and touring?

I donít think so. They handle terribly.

Theyíre good at going fast in a straight line, and thatís about all.


__________________
Ride, Rest, Repeat
terrymorse is online now  
Likes For terrymorse:
Old 05-19-21, 10:43 PM
  #299  
woodcraft
Senior Member
 
woodcraft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Nor Cal
Posts: 5,805
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1729 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 783 Times in 483 Posts
Originally Posted by Calsun View Post
If there were inherent virtues in heavy bikes then adding a few 5 lb weights to the bike would make it even better. What is interesting to me is how often folks will worry about saving an ounce with a new saddle but ignore the extra 20 lbs of belly fat or carry around 2 or even 3 water bottles and a 2 lb bike repair kit.

What is also overlooked is the choice provided by the bike manufacturers when it comes to components and saddles on bikes targeted at the casual rider. The heavier bike has cheaper deraillers, cheaper rims, cheaper brakes, and usually poor frame geometry and of course gearing that is wrong. I have seen the days when "race" bikes were built for criterion racers and were terrible for road racers or touring riders. When triathelons became popular it was great as the bikes built for competitors were the best overall for the average club rider or touring cyclist.

I have to laugh when someone thinks $1,000 is expensive for a bike. In college in 1970 the expensive bikes were the Italian ones that cost around $500 which in today's money is roughly $5,000. A lot of fellow riders had such bikes but they did not have cars or trucks to support.


Does bouncing weight really matter?
woodcraft is offline  
Likes For woodcraft:
Old 05-19-21, 11:00 PM
  #300  
LarrySellerz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Posts: 313
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 357 Post(s)
Liked 72 Times in 60 Posts
Originally Posted by caloso View Post
It's important to keep in mind that normal person skinny is bike racer fat.
Is weight really that important even on flats? Im 235 lbs and could be like 190, think I would get a substantial increase in speed on flat ground?

Also this is 100% a troll thread
LarrySellerz is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.