Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

What Shoes do you Use for Cycling?

Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

What Shoes do you Use for Cycling?

Old 09-14-21, 05:51 PM
  #101  
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant
 
livedarklions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: New England
Posts: 15,374

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8060 Post(s)
Liked 8,855 Times in 4,931 Posts
Originally Posted by Koyote
We're so fortunate to have you here, so that you can tell us all what we are doing wrong. I thank you from the bottom of my heart.
I cannot say how much I respect your opinions. I mean it, I really can't.

Don't you have another figure of speech to go nuts about?
livedarklions is offline  
Old 09-14-21, 07:25 PM
  #102  
Koyote
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 7,040
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6310 Post(s)
Liked 9,720 Times in 4,176 Posts
Originally Posted by AdkMtnMonster
Post #16? Yeah, I can see how no one at all liked it. Laugh at what you find funny, but donít blame me because youíre not a couple of bright cats. For what itís worth, Post #16 was some of my very highest quality brew, and I had to sit down for a while after I composed it. Thank God the tp shortage is a thing of the past!
This got me to go back and read your post #16. The self-praise is warranted, regardless of what the 'thought cop' thinks.
Koyote is offline  
Likes For Koyote:
Old 09-14-21, 08:57 PM
  #103  
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant
 
livedarklions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: New England
Posts: 15,374

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8060 Post(s)
Liked 8,855 Times in 4,931 Posts
Originally Posted by AdkMtnMonster
Post #16? Yeah, I can see how no one at all liked it. Laugh at what you find funny, but donít blame me because youíre not a couple of bright cats. For what itís worth, Post #16 was some of my very highest quality brew, and I had to sit down for a while after I composed it. Thank God the tp shortage is a thing of the past!

All your likes on that post show is that stupid cheap shot insult humor remains popular with a certain clique on bf. Meantime, you don't look like a bright cat trying to convince someone who understands he's probably the butt of that cheap shot that it's his fault for not appreciating your extremely stale "dry humor." And to make the attack even more egregious, you then repeated it in another thread adding essentially that everyone knows who you are talking about.

You're being a total jerk to a bunch of people. You claim it isn't aimed at me, fine, I'll accept that. But you really shouldn't get all self-righteous and smug when someone else decides it's aimed at them. It's an obvious attack. It's aimed at someone.
livedarklions is offline  
Old 09-14-21, 09:06 PM
  #104  
AdkMtnMonster
Airplanes, bikes, beer.
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Off the front
Posts: 763

Bikes: Road bikes, mountain bikes, a cx bike, a gravel bike…

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 398 Post(s)
Liked 788 Times in 339 Posts
Originally Posted by livedarklions
All your likes on that post show is that stupid cheap shot insult humor remains popular with a certain clique on bf. Meantime, you don't look like a bright cat trying to convince someone who understands he's probably the butt of that cheap shot that it's his fault for not appreciating your extremely stale "dry humor." And to make the attack even more egregious, you then repeated it in another thread adding essentially that everyone knows who you are talking about.

You're being a total jerk to a bunch of people. You claim it isn't aimed at me, fine, I'll accept that. But you really shouldn't get all self-righteous and smug when someone else decides it's aimed at them. It's an obvious attack. It's aimed at someone.
Man, I donít even know who you are, and you think I make veiled posts addressed at you? Thatís whatís known as an over-inflated sense of importance, or some sort of narcissistic disorder. You need to stop thinking that anything that I post (or posted) was directed at you unless I quoted you, like this post. You shouldnít care one bit about what I say or what my opinions are, but you just canít stop thinking about as nothing I post. Itís kind of adorable. Not sure if I should be flattered.
AdkMtnMonster is offline  
Old 09-14-21, 10:00 PM
  #105  
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant
 
livedarklions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: New England
Posts: 15,374

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8060 Post(s)
Liked 8,855 Times in 4,931 Posts
Originally Posted by AdkMtnMonster
Man, I donít even know who you are, and you think I make veiled posts addressed at you? Thatís whatís known as an over-inflated sense of importance, or some sort of narcissistic disorder. You need to stop thinking that anything that I post (or posted) was directed at you unless I quoted you, like this post. You shouldnít care one bit about what I say or what my opinions are, but you just canít stop thinking about as nothing I post. Itís kind of adorable. Not sure if I should be flattered.

Add reading comprehension to skills you lack. I specifically said I didn't think it was aimed at me. But the guy you lectured about your supposed dry wit sure thought it was aimed at a group he's a member of.

No, you shouldn't be flattered. I think you're a bully. I don't like bullies.
livedarklions is offline  
Old 09-14-21, 10:12 PM
  #106  
AdkMtnMonster
Airplanes, bikes, beer.
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Off the front
Posts: 763

Bikes: Road bikes, mountain bikes, a cx bike, a gravel bike…

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 398 Post(s)
Liked 788 Times in 339 Posts
Originally Posted by livedarklions
All your likes on that post show is that stupid cheap shot insult humor remains popular with a certain clique on bf. Meantime, you don't look like a bright cat trying to convince someone who understands he's probably the butt of that cheap shot that it's his fault for not appreciating your extremely stale "dry humor." And to make the attack even more egregious, you then repeated it in another thread adding essentially that everyone knows who you are talking about.

You're being a total jerk to a bunch of people. You claim it isn't aimed at me, fine, I'll accept that. But you really shouldn't get all self-righteous and smug when someone else decides it's aimed at them. It's an obvious attack. It's aimed at someone.
Originally Posted by livedarklions
Add reading comprehension to skills you lack. I specifically said I didn't think it was aimed at me. But the guy you lectured about your supposed dry wit sure thought it was aimed at a group he's a member of.

No, you shouldn't be flattered. I think you're a bully. I don't like bullies.
I think youíre awfully concerned about what I think of you and what you wear riding, and you feel extremely self-conscious about what a group of strangers thinks of you. Go ride your bike, have fun, stop patrolling BF like some kind of bicycle mall cop, and stop letting the internet wind you up. Let go, take a deep breath, and ask yourself why youíre so angry. Iím not picking on anyone. Iím picking on everyone.
AdkMtnMonster is offline  
Old 09-14-21, 10:17 PM
  #107  
AdkMtnMonster
Airplanes, bikes, beer.
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Off the front
Posts: 763

Bikes: Road bikes, mountain bikes, a cx bike, a gravel bike…

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 398 Post(s)
Liked 788 Times in 339 Posts
Originally Posted by livedarklions
All your likes on that post show is that stupid cheap shot insult humor remains popular with a certain clique on bf. Meantime, you don't look like a bright cat trying to convince someone who understands he's probably the butt of that cheap shot that it's his fault for not appreciating your extremely stale "dry humor." And to make the attack even more egregious, you then repeated it in another thread adding essentially that everyone knows who you are talking about.

You're being a total jerk to a bunch of people. You claim it isn't aimed at me, fine, I'll accept that. But you really shouldn't get all self-righteous and smug when someone else decides it's aimed at them. It's an obvious attack. It's aimed at someone.
Itís not such ďan obvious attackĒ or else youíd be able to state exactly who is obviously being attacked.

Such a dim lion. Not a bright cat. You said so, yourself. Zzzooooommm!!! Or fo you prefer ďwooooshĒ? ďMaybe a five year old could explain it to you.Ē (Sound familiar? And you say Iím a bully? Ha, you big lovable goofball. Canít fool me!)
AdkMtnMonster is offline  
Old 09-14-21, 11:59 PM
  #108  
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant
 
livedarklions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: New England
Posts: 15,374

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8060 Post(s)
Liked 8,855 Times in 4,931 Posts
Originally Posted by AdkMtnMonster
I think you’re awfully concerned about what I think of you and what you wear riding, and you feel extremely self-conscious about what a group of strangers thinks of you. Go ride your bike, have fun, stop patrolling BF like some kind of bicycle mall cop, and stop letting the internet wind you up. Let go, take a deep breath, and ask yourself why you’re so angry. I’m not picking on anyone. I’m picking on everyone.
Originally Posted by AdkMtnMonster
It’s not such “an obvious attack” or else you’d be able to state exactly who is obviously being attacked.

Such a dim lion. Not a bright cat. You said so, yourself. Zzzooooommm!!! Or fo you prefer “woooosh”? “Maybe a five year old could explain it to you.” (Sound familiar? And you say I’m a bully? Ha, you big lovable goofball. Can’t fool me!)

You Bloody Hypocrite! This was an attack on everyone who posted they wore non-cycling shoes on platform pedals(the horror! the horror!). You were scolding people for this and definitely implying they were lesser riders than you. If anyone was policing content, it was you, Cycling Kit Karen.

And you've done it to the same people in several threads. This you "do it to everybody" is a load of crap.
You're a snotty snob, and it's pretty sad.
livedarklions is offline  
Old 09-15-21, 07:19 AM
  #109  
Deal4Fuji
minimalist cyclist
 
Deal4Fuji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,653

Bikes: yes please

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1039 Post(s)
Liked 1,333 Times in 816 Posts
Originally Posted by AdkMtnMonster
It’s not such “an obvious attack” or else you’d be able to state exactly who is obviously being attacked.
I felt like I was being attacked in post 25 and 40 of this other shoe thread.

clipless or flat pedals

You called me Fredly & basically a liar. I probably should have pushed back more but I know you would have just pulled me down lower and used your experience in internet pissing contests
Deal4Fuji is offline  
Likes For Deal4Fuji:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.