Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

saddle search is over...

Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

saddle search is over...

Old 12-17-09, 12:07 PM
  #1  
vsopking
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
vsopking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Netherlands - flat and windy that is.
Posts: 395

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix Comp, Specialized Rockhopper Expert, Specialized Sirrus Comp

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
saddle search is over...

This past year started riding on my Specialized Roubaix - fitted was the Toupe saddle - it crushed my balls, hurt my butt etc. After 2 months I decided to go for something else. In came Velo Pronto after a week I had to ditch it - same pain if not worse. Then the Terry Flyte carbon cushy ride however it felt not good: crushed groin - Then I got real serious bought me an SMP saddle and for months I could get around but- still not completely pain free. Switched my seat tube and realized that with another seat post each saddle should have been in a slightly different position... I thought what the heck, I just start over with the Toupe saddle.. and guess what - it's great! Just wanted to say that you need patience and keep trying. It helped me in the end.

Last edited by vsopking; 12-17-09 at 12:59 PM.
vsopking is offline  
Old 12-17-09, 04:11 PM
  #2  
chucky
It's got electrolytes!
 
chucky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,388

Bikes: Self-designed carbon fiber highracer, BikesDirect Kilo WT5, Pacific Cycles Carryme, Dahon Boardwalk with custom Sturmey Archer wheelset

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not to burst your bubble, but just because it feels good that doesn't mean it isn't damaging your prostate.
chucky is offline  
Old 12-17-09, 04:13 PM
  #3  
10 Wheels
Galveston County Texas
 
10 Wheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: In The Wind
Posts: 31,493

Bikes: 2010 Catrike Expedition, 02 GTO, 2011 Magnum

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 856 Post(s)
Liked 272 Times in 135 Posts
Good report, Thanks from all sore butts.
__________________
Fred "The Real Fred"

10 Wheels is offline  
Old 12-19-09, 12:35 PM
  #4  
vsopking
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
vsopking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Netherlands - flat and windy that is.
Posts: 395

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix Comp, Specialized Rockhopper Expert, Specialized Sirrus Comp

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Chucky, keep bursting bubbles... even when it regards my prostate - thanx
vsopking is offline  
Old 12-19-09, 03:24 PM
  #5  
stapfam
Time for a change.
 
stapfam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
Posts: 19,913

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by chucky View Post
Not to burst your bubble, but just because it feels good that doesn't mean it isn't damaging your prostate.
Ask any Prostate Consultant.

Cycling does not cause Prostate Cancer or any other prostate problems. A poorly fitting saddle may aggravate a problem but that problem has to be there in the first place.

Saddle fit is important. First of all find the saddle and then get it angled correctly. If you can feel a saddle- it is not correctly fitted.
__________________
How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.


Spike Milligan
stapfam is offline  
Old 12-21-09, 02:26 PM
  #6  
cnnrmccloskey
Senior Member
 
cnnrmccloskey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Portland Oregon
Posts: 745

Bikes: '82 Giante super challange, 70 Gitane Tour de France, GT Gutterball

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by stapfam View Post
Ask any Prostate Consultant.

Cycling does not cause Prostate Cancer or any other prostate problems. A poorly fitting saddle may aggravate a problem but that problem has to be there in the first place.

Saddle fit is important. First of all find the saddle and then get it angled correctly. If you can feel a saddle- it is not correctly fitted.
+1
cnnrmccloskey is offline  
Old 12-21-09, 05:03 PM
  #7  
RedC
Senior Member
 
RedC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Sebring, Florida
Posts: 766

Bikes: Trek Navigator, LeMond Buenos Aires, Madone 5.9, S-Works Roubaix

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by vsopking View Post
This past year started riding on my Specialized Roubaix - fitted was the Toupe saddle - it crushed my balls, hurt my butt etc. After 2 months I decided to go for something else. In came Velo Pronto after a week I had to ditch it - same pain if not worse. Then the Terry Flyte carbon cushy ride however it felt not good: crushed groin - Then I got real serious bought me an SMP saddle and for months I could get around but- still not completely pain free. Switched my seat tube and realized that with another seat post each saddle should have been in a slightly different position... I thought what the heck, I just start over with the Toupe saddle.. and guess what - it's great! Just wanted to say that you need patience and keep trying. It helped me in the end.
Started riding my Lemond a year ago. Saddle pain after 40 miles was horrendous, Swapped saddle 4 times. One of my friends kept saying I had to ride more it was miles on my butt not the saddle.. Guess what after 4000 miles saddle doesn't hurt
RedC is offline  
Old 12-21-09, 05:50 PM
  #8  
BlazingPedals
Senior Member
 
BlazingPedals's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Middle of da Mitten
Posts: 11,701

Bikes: Trek 7500, RANS V-Rex, Optima Baron, Velokraft NoCom, M-5 Carbon Highracer, Catrike Speed

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1223 Post(s)
Liked 321 Times in 212 Posts
I can't feel my saddle. But then, I don't have one.
BlazingPedals is offline  
Old 12-28-09, 05:10 PM
  #9  
stapfam
Time for a change.
 
stapfam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
Posts: 19,913

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by stapfam View Post
. If you can feel a saddle- it is not correctly fitted.
And this is different to "I can't feel my Butt"--- Now that is a problem that normally hits me after about 8 hours riding.
__________________
How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.


Spike Milligan
stapfam is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
bmcphx
Road Cycling
25
01-04-14 07:59 AM
elcruxio
Road Cycling
12
05-07-13 07:18 AM
Digital Gee
Fifty Plus (50+)
5
03-06-12 09:11 PM
Axion23
Road Cycling
42
06-07-11 12:47 PM
jcinnb
Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg)
4
08-09-10 07:21 AM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.