Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   General Cycling Discussion (https://www.bikeforums.net/general-cycling-discussion/)
-   -   Shoe Help! (https://www.bikeforums.net/general-cycling-discussion/828723-shoe-help.html)

gforeman 06-29-12 06:21 AM

Shoe Help!
 
I need some help.

I have this shoe:
http://www.amazon.com/Pearl-iZUMi-Al...umi+road+shoes

I need another pair, but want a Red-White shoe. I ordered the shoe below, but the SPD cleat is not recessed. This changes my leg stroke and I would have to adjust the seat height, etc. I want to be able to switch back and forth between the two pairs of shoes.

Anyone know a shoe that has the SPD clip recessed in the shoe in this color?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o02_s00_i00

redcon1 06-29-12 07:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
All MTB-specific shoes have raised cleats molded into the sole for traction off the bike, and a recessed area for the SPD cleats to mount.
Don't buy road shoes, even if will accept a 2-hole SPD mounting.

Here is a pair of Diadora, I used a similar pair for a few years of MTB racing:
http://www.nashbar.com/bikes/Product...FYlk7AodD35VRw

http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=258928

tagaproject6 06-29-12 08:38 AM

Northwave also come in those colors.

tagaproject6 06-29-12 08:44 AM


Originally Posted by gforeman (Post 14420062)
I need some help.

I have this shoe:
http://www.amazon.com/Pearl-iZUMi-Al...umi+road+shoes

I need another pair, but want a Red-White shoe. I ordered the shoe below, but the SPD cleat is not recessed. This changes my leg stroke and I would have to adjust the seat height, etc. I want to be able to switch back and forth between the two pairs of shoes.

Anyone know a shoe that has the SPD clip recessed in the shoe in this color?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o02_s00_i00

Your foot/sole/cleat position will be relatively unchanged. All the shoe is adding would be the treads around the cleats. Imagine removing the treads on your regular MTB shoe...you will now have an exposed cleats, will your positioning change? Now put the treads back on...you know have recessed cleats. :D

gforeman 06-29-12 05:48 PM


Originally Posted by redcon1 (Post 14420287)
All MTB-specific shoes have raised cleats molded into the sole for traction off the bike, and a recessed area for the SPD cleats to mount.
Don't buy road shoes, even if will accept a 2-hole SPD mounting.

Here is a pair of Diadora, I used a similar pair for a few years of MTB racing:
http://www.nashbar.com/bikes/Product...FYlk7AodD35VRw

http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=258928

I like those, I'll check them out!

gforeman 06-29-12 08:57 PM


Originally Posted by tagaproject6 (Post 14420585)
Your foot/sole/cleat position will be relatively unchanged. All the shoe is adding would be the treads around the cleats. Imagine removing the treads on your regular MTB shoe...you will now have an exposed cleats, will your positioning change? Now put the treads back on...you know have recessed cleats. :D

If it doesn't change my stroke length, I may give them a try. I don't walk around in them a lot, but I do have to walk through the house sometimes, and there are times I stop along my ride at my mothers house and have to walk up a driveway, etc. Will this damage the cleat? My wife will kill me if I gouge the floor up :rolleyes:

I really like these, and the fit is perfect. I hate to send them back.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:16 AM.


Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.