Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Hybrid Bicycles
Reload this Page >

New Giant Anyroad 2

Notices
Hybrid Bicycles Where else would you go to discuss these fun, versatile bikes?

New Giant Anyroad 2

Old 03-27-16, 09:39 AM
  #1  
GodinSession
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 85
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 6 Times in 3 Posts
New Giant Anyroad 2

Hello All. I am excited to post pics of my new 2015 Giant Anyroad 2. I LOVE this bike. So comfortable, and just the perfect bike for what I was looking for. I wanted drop bars, but did not want a true road bike. I have had them in the past, and wanted something more versatile as it is my only bike. I wanted to be able to put wider tires on it and have a more upgright posture on the bike. When I went to my LBS they took me straight to the 'gravel grinders', and I quickly realized it was the exact type of bike I was looking for. I knew the second I got on the Giant Anyroad it was what I have been looking for. I have had quite a few different bikes over the years, from race road bikes to endurance road bike, cyclocross, and mountain bikes. Even a dual sport type bike. This by far is my favorite of all of them. It is defenatley not as fast as a true road bike, but plenty fast enough and so super comfortable.
I put Maxxis Refuse 700x40c tires on.
MKS Lambda Pedals
Brooks B17 Preaged Saddle
Topeak Dynapack
Bontrager Flash R Rearlight
Cygo Metrolight handlebar light

Next year I may look into the new Apex 1x gearing. I love the thought of no front gears, but the range it still offers. Perfect for my type of riding.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Front Full Bike.jpg (95.6 KB, 200 views)
File Type: jpg
Mirror.jpg (94.6 KB, 180 views)
File Type: jpg
Bag.jpg (101.4 KB, 179 views)
File Type: jpg
Pedal.jpg (98.7 KB, 172 views)
File Type: jpg
Light.jpg (100.3 KB, 174 views)
File Type: jpg
Full Bike.jpg (95.6 KB, 210 views)
File Type: jpg
Saddle.jpg (96.3 KB, 161 views)
GodinSession is offline  
Likes For GodinSession:
Old 03-27-16, 10:44 AM
  #2  
Doctor Morbius
Interocitor Command
 
Doctor Morbius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: The adult video section
Posts: 3,377

Bikes: 3 Road Bikes, 2 Hybrids

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 596 Post(s)
Liked 64 Times in 40 Posts
Congrats!
Doctor Morbius is offline  
Old 03-27-16, 12:12 PM
  #3  
RickGr4
Senior Member
 
RickGr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Eagan, MN
Posts: 272

Bikes: 2016 Giant Fastroad CoMax 2, 2002 Jamis Tangier, Classic Nakamichi 10 speed.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nice bike!!!

Whenever I look at pictures of new Giant bikes such as AllRoad, AnyRoad and FastRoad I think this company knows more about bike frame design than the other companies do.

When it comes to frame design, I happen to think that Giant is the leader and the other players are followers. The more sharp angles a bike frame has, the less thought the designers put into the design.

Last edited by RickGr4; 03-27-16 at 12:15 PM.
RickGr4 is offline  
Old 04-01-16, 11:05 PM
  #4  
bisuper
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm considering to buy Topeak Dynapack (4L) 66usd or Dynapack DX (9.7L) 117usd... please advise your thinking!

I really like the small one (4L) but it's quite small with my clothes and stuff when I go to work!... The bigger one is ok, however is it too big for my bike (fastroad slr1 which is same frame with Anyroad)?!!

Another option is Exustar E-BBR27 (12.6L)... the price is quite cheap for this material (High-impact ABS + TPU hard-shell case & 2520D polyester)... I can take this one at 72usd! This dimension is L32 x W22 x H18 (cm)... is it too big?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
e-bbr27_250x250.jpg (20.1 KB, 246 views)
bisuper is offline  
Old 04-02-16, 08:06 AM
  #5  
GodinSession
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 85
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 6 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by bisuper View Post
I'm considering to buy Topeak Dynapack (4L) 66usd or Dynapack DX (9.7L) 117usd... please advise your thinking!

I really like the small one (4L) but it's quite small with my clothes and stuff when I go to work!... The bigger one is ok, however is it too big for my bike (fastroad slr1 which is same frame with Anyroad)?!!

Another option is Exustar E-BBR27 (12.6L)... the price is quite cheap for this material (High-impact ABS + TPU hard-shell case & 2520D polyester)... I can take this one at 72usd! This dimension is L32 x W22 x H18 (cm)... is it too big?
as far as the dynapack goes I don not use ot to put clothes in. I think you are correct in that its to small for that. I use it to hold keys tubes pump multitool and iphone 6 plus. I can then throw in any snacks i would want for longer ride. The larger bersion has the samw weight limit of 10 lbs as the smaller one so kerp that in mind. I have read review of the plastc clipbbreaking on it so i would not push that weight limit.
For me i ride for fitness so extra weight and size on the bike do not bother me if it makes my bike more functional.
GodinSession is offline  
Old 04-02-16, 09:07 AM
  #6  
MRT2
Senior Member
 
MRT2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 6,319

Bikes: 2012 Salsa Casseroll, 2009 Kona Blast

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1031 Post(s)
Liked 202 Times in 141 Posts
Originally Posted by GodinSession View Post
Hello All. I am excited to post pics of my new 2015 Giant Anyroad 2. I LOVE this bike. So comfortable, and just the perfect bike for what I was looking for. I wanted drop bars, but did not want a true road bike. I have had them in the past, and wanted something more versatile as it is my only bike. I wanted to be able to put wider tires on it and have a more upgright posture on the bike. When I went to my LBS they took me straight to the 'gravel grinders', and I quickly realized it was the exact type of bike I was looking for. I knew the second I got on the Giant Anyroad it was what I have been looking for. I have had quite a few different bikes over the years, from race road bikes to endurance road bike, cyclocross, and mountain bikes. Even a dual sport type bike. This by far is my favorite of all of them. It is defenatley not as fast as a true road bike, but plenty fast enough and so super comfortable.
I put Maxxis Refuse 700x40c tires on.
MKS Lambda Pedals
Brooks B17 Preaged Saddle
Topeak Dynapack
Bontrager Flash R Rearlight
Cygo Metrolight handlebar light

Next year I may look into the new Apex 1x gearing. I love the thought of no front gears, but the range it still offers. Perfect for my type of riding.
Nice bike. Looks like a great all rounder that can handle everything from a ride to the coffee shop to a multi day tour. (with the ride accessories)

A SRAM 1 x setup would be cool, but I wonder if it would be a bit pricey for not a huge upgrade in function.
MRT2 is offline  
Old 04-02-16, 01:59 PM
  #7  
GodinSession
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 85
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 6 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by MRT2 View Post
Nice bike. Looks like a great all rounder that can handle everything from a ride to the coffee shop to a multi day tour. (with the ride accessories)

A SRAM 1 x setup would be cool, but I wonder if it would be a bit pricey for not a huge upgrade in function.
yeah I think you are probably right about the 1x. I like the thought of it, but really is not much of an upgrade. Everytime I ride I really am suprised how smooth the sora components are working on this bike. 95% of the time I am in the middle front chainring so kinda ride like a 1x already.
GodinSession is offline  
Old 04-17-20, 06:37 AM
  #8  
gildelrosan
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
How is your Giant Anyroad 2 ? The positive stem setting is super confortable, did you keep it that way ?
gildelrosan is offline  
Old 11-06-20, 03:18 PM
  #9  
pbechard
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Have to agree - just got a nearly new 2016 Anyroad 2 and love it so far. Gotta get a few more posts before I can post a pic of it!
pbechard is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
zappmann
Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg)
16
02-26-17 10:44 AM
kingsqueak
Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational)
2
09-07-13 09:26 PM
jhonseto
United Kingdom
0
04-28-11 04:39 AM
vikz
Road Cycling
41
06-07-10 08:26 AM
elunty
Road Cycling
3
05-21-10 05:56 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.