Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Hybrid Bicycles (https://www.bikeforums.net/hybrid-bicycles/)
-   -   Post pictures of your Hybrid (https://www.bikeforums.net/hybrid-bicycles/573248-post-pictures-your-hybrid.html)

fire 11-26-17 10:46 PM


Originally Posted by andrei_r (Post 20000475)
Yes, it's definitely been a while since we've seen you here .... long enough for you to be unaware of the photo*ucket fiasco!

There. Fixed that for you. 😉

mikesdoublecab 12-01-17 12:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi all.

So I was at the LBS looking at a Specialized Sirrus for my first hybrid. Couldn't swing the cash since my youngest kid needed a new bike and my oldest kid needed contact lenses. Later that day, I happened to be surfing Facebook Marketplace and found a girl who was moving and couldn't take her bike with her. I decided to hit her up to at least check out the bike, and I ended up buying it for $100.

It was in storage most of its life from what i could tell. Tires hold air and the gears shift flawlessly. I swapped out the saddle and am waiting on some new pedals. Took it out for a quick 4 mile ride to test it out and so far so good.

Specialized Vienna Globe 1 in white.

rumrunn6 12-01-17 09:40 AM


Originally Posted by mikesdoublecab (Post 20025213)
Specialized Vienna Globe 1

nice score but looks small. is it your size?

Skipjacks 12-01-17 09:42 AM


Originally Posted by mikesdoublecab (Post 20025213)
Hi all.

So I was at the LBS looking at a Specialized Sirrus for my first hybrid. Couldn't swing the cash since my youngest kid needed a new bike and my oldest kid needed contact lenses. Later that day, I happened to be surfing Facebook Marketplace and found a girl who was moving and couldn't take her bike with her. I decided to hit her up to at least check out the bike, and I ended up buying it for $100.

It was in storage most of its life from what i could tell. Tires hold air and the gears shift flawlessly. I swapped out the saddle and am waiting on some new pedals. Took it out for a quick 4 mile ride to test it out and so far so good.

Specialized Vienna Globe 1 in white.

Nice find!

You take the kickstand off of that thing and it'll look nice! :thumb:

Seriously though the all white paint scheme makes a great base to customize it and give it a look that's really 'you'. Either with vinyl graphics/striping or to strip down and paint your favorite color at home with off the shelf spray paint. It kinda even looks slick in all white.

And for that price you can't go wrong. You got a quality bike below Wal Mart prices. SCORE!!!

rumrunn6 12-01-17 09:43 AM

nah kickstand looks fine, just needs to get the bike dirty! ;-)

mikesdoublecab 12-01-17 05:29 PM


Originally Posted by Skipjacks (Post 20025790)
Nice find!

You take the kickstand off of that thing and it'll look nice! :thumb:

Seriously though the all white paint scheme makes a great base to customize it and give it a look that's really 'you'. Either with vinyl graphics/striping or to strip down and paint your favorite color at home with off the shelf spray paint. It kinda even looks slick in all white.

And for that price you can't go wrong. You got a quality bike below Wal Mart prices. SCORE!!!

hahaha... i need the kickstand... i was thinking of customizing it up, but i like the sterility of the white... gonna add some red accents here and there though...

mikesdoublecab 12-01-17 05:30 PM


Originally Posted by rumrunn6 (Post 20025794)
nah kickstand looks fine, just needs to get the bike dirty! ;-)

hahaha.... i may leave the dirt to my mountain bike... this may become my new cruiser when i ride with my 8 year old... she likes to enjoy the view and take it slow...

mikesdoublecab 12-01-17 05:32 PM


Originally Posted by rumrunn6 (Post 20025788)
nice score but looks small. is it your size?

yah it does look small but i am only 5'4' with a short inseam so this frame works for me... i tried a 53cm at the LBS but i couldn't clear it so they advised me to look for bikes 50 and under...

rumrunn6 12-02-17 09:34 AM


Originally Posted by mikesdoublecab (Post 20026941)
yah it does look small but i am only 5'4' with a short inseam so this frame works for me... i tried a 53cm at the LBS but i couldn't clear it so they advised me to look for bikes 50 and under...

OK gotcha. my Wife is 5' exactly & we wound up getting her a 15" Trek FX Stagger so she could mount / dismount by lifting a leg over the steeply sloped top tube

https://i.imgur.com/O1lvCRhl.jpg

rumrunn6 12-02-17 09:42 AM


Originally Posted by mikesdoublecab (Post 20026938)
when i ride with my 8 year old...

awww those were the days. now that mine are 20 & 21 going on 22 I count myself lucky when we ride together. it's an effort, but we get it done. I think my son can use a slightly larger frame than his 17.5" Trek FX 7.1. seems like I spent 1/2 my life keeping their bikes sized correctly as they grew over the years. thank goodness for Craigslist

https://i.imgur.com/Sgjhaasl.jpg

andrei_r 12-02-17 04:11 PM


Originally Posted by rseeker (Post 20006407)
@andrei_r, I'm not sure yet, this is my first time trying a custom fit. I just ride my last bike as it came, which is mostly OK, maybe a little short in reach depending on how I'm sitting. The Trek is 1.25 inches shorter in the frame (by virtual top tube length) and the Trek's stem is 1.5 inches shorter in reach, so I need to make up the difference and add some.

The first time I rode the Trek I popped a little unintentional wheelie just getting out of the driveway, so I need to work on balancing my weight. I'll see whether I need any seatpost setback then start extending the stem.

The Trek is a 21 inch frame size. There was a larger frame size made but its standover would have been too tall and would only have gained me an additional 0.4 inches of virtual top tube (according to the 1994 catalog; the 1992 catalog didn't have measurements listed for this bike).

You seem to know what you're doing. As stems go, you'll probably have to get one of the longest ones available.

mikesdoublecab 12-03-17 12:44 AM


Originally Posted by rumrunn6 (Post 20028000)
awww those were the days. now that mine are 20 & 21 going on 22 I count myself lucky when we ride together. it's an effort, but we get it done. I think my son can use a slightly larger frame than his 17.5" Trek FX 7.1. seems like I spent 1/2 my life keeping their bikes sized correctly as they grew over the years. thank goodness for Craigslist

https://i.imgur.com/Sgjhaasl.jpg


I hope mine will ride with me when they are older... my 14 year old luckily still likes riding with me...

Laurido92 12-03-17 09:16 PM

I found two Hybrid bikes for my kids. One on Craigslist and the other on Facebook Marketplace. They both out grew their old bikes.

2014 Specialized Sirrus Sport Disc
Added:
1. kickstand
2. saddle bag
3. platform pedals
4. mini frame air pump
5. swapped out wheels
6. Garmin Edge stem mount
7. LED mini front light
Specialized Sirrus Sport Disc
https://photos.app.goo.gl/2vUFRHOT4PbAdO0h1
https://photos.app.goo.gl/NLr0UoBRKYsFfQH12

With the new wheels and saddle bag
https://photos.app.goo.gl/G9DwscTJ1Uo1GZ2C3
https://photos.app.goo.gl/EMwlpTzuRn6rqpwx1
https://photos.app.goo.gl/KswgIJkAD2jDj8Zs1
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Gj9fBp8qNDUW7qmQ2

2015 Giant Escape 1
https://photos.app.goo.gl/UE3slatVfp8CvFF93
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Yjj3W9pGl9lI6pxQ2
https://photos.app.goo.gl/BPlF7oPNdy5bdhsg1

andrei_r 12-04-17 05:31 AM


Originally Posted by Laurido92 (Post 20030875)
I found two Hybrid bikes for my kids. One on Craigslist and the other on Facebook Marketplace. They both out grew their old bikes.

2014 Specialized Sirrus Sport Disc
Added:
1. kickstand
2. saddle bag
3. platform pedals
4. mini frame air pump
5. swapped out wheels
6. Garmin Edge stem mount
7. LED mini front light
Specialized Sirrus Sport Disc
https://photos.app.goo.gl/2vUFRHOT4PbAdO0h1
https://photos.app.goo.gl/NLr0UoBRKYsFfQH12

With the new wheels and saddle bag
https://photos.app.goo.gl/G9DwscTJ1Uo1GZ2C3
https://photos.app.goo.gl/EMwlpTzuRn6rqpwx1
https://photos.app.goo.gl/KswgIJkAD2jDj8Zs1
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Gj9fBp8qNDUW7qmQ2

2015 Giant Escape 1
https://photos.app.goo.gl/UE3slatVfp8CvFF93
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Yjj3W9pGl9lI6pxQ2
https://photos.app.goo.gl/BPlF7oPNdy5bdhsg1


Are those your original Toughroad wheels on that Sirrus? Are they any better than those that were originally on the Sirrus or just a bit newer? Did you transfer the rotors or you got new rotors with the vuelta wheelset and kept the old rotors on the old wheels?

Laurido92 12-04-17 11:13 AM

andrei r _ I don't know if they are better but I like them better than the Sirrus OEM wheels. I did swap the rotors out from the old wheels.

andrei_r 12-04-17 01:42 PM


Originally Posted by Laurido92 (Post 20031888)
andrei r _ I don't know if they are better but I like them better than the Sirrus OEM wheels. I did swap the rotors out from the old wheels.

Esthetics only or any weight/rigidity benefit?

Laurido92 12-04-17 02:12 PM

Mostly aesthetics. I think they're about the same weight (heavy) and provide the same rigidity.

TigreBici 12-07-17 03:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Specialized vita sport.
Topeak rear rack
Alfine front hub dinamo
Bar ends twisted backwards just cause my wrist hurts a little sometimes.. i have moved around the city with a 60 kg person sitting in the rear rack. Also made some short bike touring trips on it.

I have a "S" bike the same model from last year on sale.
Awesome bikes!

pjthomas 12-09-17 01:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My 2000 Trek 720 out for a ride on a snowy day.

puma1552 12-09-17 05:06 PM

My '16 Sirrus Elite in winter mode with its new trainer tire and trainer:

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4592/2...4a52ddb6_c.jpg

rumrunn6 12-10-17 04:30 AM


Originally Posted by pjthomas (Post 20042852)
My 2000 Trek 720 out for a ride on a snowy day.

hey that looks great & familiar! where is that?

taz777 12-10-17 07:10 AM


Originally Posted by pjthomas (Post 20042852)
My 2000 Trek 720 out for a ride on a snowy day.

What a lovely photo!

pjthomas 12-10-17 10:54 AM


Originally Posted by rumrunn6 (Post 20043840)
hey that looks great & familiar! where is that?

Larkin Bridle Trail, an unpaved rails to trails in sw CT

Delwis 01-07-18 01:37 PM

https://s26.postimg.org/y6ab1yqzd/image.jpg

pjthomas 01-07-18 01:53 PM


Originally Posted by Delwis (Post 20095705)
Ninja Bike Picture

Love the color scheme.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:26 PM.


Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.