Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Hybrid Bicycles
Reload this Page >

Post pictures of your Hybrid

Notices
Hybrid Bicycles Where else would you go to discuss these fun, versatile bikes?

Post pictures of your Hybrid

Old 08-29-10, 04:09 PM
  #1426  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 602
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Its an older model, previous owner had it when his kids were little and they are in college now. Newer ones have better handlebars.
It still had the mold things sticking out of the side of the tire.
enine is offline  
Old 08-29-10, 05:01 PM
  #1427  
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Maryland
Posts: 5,155

Bikes: rockhopper, delta V, cannondale H300, Marin Mill Valley

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
They look like they're flying standing still. You feeling a little "Let's go, Dad!" as the second stoker drives the nose of your saddle into your lower back? Great picture, cool bike.
qmsdc15 is offline  
Old 08-29-10, 05:13 PM
  #1428  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 602
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
They had more fun pedaling backwards which doesn't help a lot. My son did so well on the trail a bike earlier this year I wanted to start my daughter a little earlier so she could start getting used to it. She will be three next month.
enine is offline  
Old 08-29-10, 05:21 PM
  #1429  
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Maryland
Posts: 5,155

Bikes: rockhopper, delta V, cannondale H300, Marin Mill Valley

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
But pedaling backwards is so much easier! Haha, almost three!
qmsdc15 is offline  
Old 08-29-10, 06:38 PM
  #1430  
NRG
...
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I've been lurking the forums for some time now and finally decided to make an account, so hi!

I've noticed there aren't too many Marins here, so here's a photo of my 2007 Marin Kentfield. I bought it new a few years ago, and have recently started using it as my primary mode of transportation. Soma Sparrow handlebars, el cheapo Twisted PC bmx pedals with Hold Fast straps, Blackburn light setup, lots of fun! The next purchase will be some fenders (recommendations welcome) and after winter I might splurge on some thinner tires.

I do have a question, though: Looking at photos of other people's bikes I see their saddles are raised much higher than mine. My bag is sort of crunched between my saddle and my rack because there's not really enough room for it. My legs are pretty well fully extended when I pedal, and I have 0.5 - 1" clearance over the top tube standing flat footed. It feels great, I am comfortable riding it, but it still confuses me that I don't seem to have such an abundance of space under my saddle that everyone else does. Any ideas?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
bike..jpg (103.6 KB, 236 views)
NRG is offline  
Old 08-29-10, 07:24 PM
  #1431  
S'Cruzer
 
pierce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: 122W 37N
Posts: 2,445

Bikes: too many

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked 19 Times in 17 Posts
Originally Posted by NRG
I've been lurking the forums for some time now and finally decided to make an account, so hi!

I've noticed there aren't too many Marins here, so here's a photo of my 2007 Marin Kentfield. I bought it new a few years ago, and have recently started using it as my primary mode of transportation. Soma Sparrow handlebars, el cheapo Twisted PC bmx pedals with Hold Fast straps, Blackburn light setup, lots of fun! The next purchase will be some fenders (recommendations welcome) and after winter I might splurge on some thinner tires.

I do have a question, though: Looking at photos of other people's bikes I see their saddles are raised much higher than mine. My bag is sort of crunched between my saddle and my rack because there's not really enough room for it. My legs are pretty well fully extended when I pedal, and I have 0.5 - 1" clearance over the top tube standing flat footed. It feels great, I am comfortable riding it, but it still confuses me that I don't seem to have such an abundance of space under my saddle that everyone else does. Any ideas?

I'm 6' tall. you sound like you're somewhat shorter than that, judging by the picture and your description.

with proper seat height, and pedal position, the optimal riding position for performance is just short of where your butt would be swaying back and forth when you pedal. your feet should be placed on the pedals such that the pedal axle is under the widest part of your foot, and when the pedal is all the way down and your foot is about level, your leg should be almost straight but not so far as to lock your knee.

I often run my seat 1-2 inches lower than optimal for cruising and putzing around. I raise it when I want to ride farther distances and/or faster.

those seat bags don't work so well when you are short and have to run your seat that low, you might consider getting a bag that straps on the top of the rack, instead. or seeing if you can strap the seat bag to the top of the rack.

if it was me, I'd dump that spring seat post in favor of a straight kalloy or similar rigid one. if you're going to hit a hard bump, stand up to unload your weight off the seat and let your legs act as shock absorbers.
pierce is offline  
Old 08-29-10, 08:53 PM
  #1432  
Senior Member
 
NE Tiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Northfield, Vermont
Posts: 65
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2010 Trek FX 7.3

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
FX..jpg (98.4 KB, 227 views)
NE Tiger is offline  
Old 08-29-10, 09:27 PM
  #1433  
Born Again Pagan
 
irclean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Southwestern Ontario
Posts: 2,241

Bikes: Schwinn hybrid, Raleigh MTB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by NRG
I've been lurking the forums for some time now and finally decided to make an account, so hi!
Hi yerself, and welcome to Bike Forums! For fenders I always recommend Planet Bike Cascadia Fenders. Great coverage and good bang for the buck! As for the seat height... it may have something to do with your anatomy (torso vs. leg length) or maybe your bike has long crank arms. If it's comfy and you can extend your legs for a full pedal stroke I say don't worry about it. I second the recommendation to ditch the suspension seat post. If you can't afford to replace it right now then remove it and look up the bottom of the tube; you should see a bolt in there. Tighten it as far as you can and that will essentially turn it into a rigid seat post.

Nice bike, BTW!
irclean is offline  
Old 08-30-10, 04:44 PM
  #1434  
Senior Member
 
fairymuff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 297
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Here's my Trek Valencia and the wife's Specialized Globe Vienna on a short tour we just did.

The Trek has been pimped a bit. The pedals were the first to go. They were replaced with wellgo's from my old mtb.I put some toe cups on them as well. Then there was the rack and mudguards/fenders. I had the LBS replace the stock 12-28 cassette to an 11-34 to deal with the inclines around here. Then I swapped the seagull style handlebars with flat bars from the same mtb and stuck bar ends on them. The last change was the saddle. I put a charge spoon (a cheap (25) saddle that gets rave reviews around here) on it. We've just finished Swindon to Cardiff; 170 miles in 4 days.

The castle in the background is Caerphilly castle in Wales.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
P1000249..jpg (100.9 KB, 172 views)
fairymuff is offline  
Old 08-30-10, 06:07 PM
  #1435  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Picked up a 2010 Trek FX 7.2 about a week ago.



Uploaded with ImageShack.us
cagilber is offline  
Old 08-31-10, 08:19 AM
  #1436  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 602
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by shockware
woah! I just love this! Is it hard to turn?
Hills are worse, there isn't much clearance between the tire and frame.
You would think one of the trailer bike makers would angle the hitch to compensate for the angle of the seat post.
enine is offline  
Old 09-01-10, 12:06 PM
  #1437  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 229
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Gt traneo ultra with bar ends on and new seat.

Christobevii3 is offline  
Old 09-01-10, 12:10 PM
  #1438  
Senior Member
 
KungPaoSchwinn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Ms/Ca, USA,Earth.
Posts: 705

Bikes: 2009 Trek FX 7.3 ( pimp moment )

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Nice bike Christ,are you an Asian?
KungPaoSchwinn is offline  
Old 09-01-10, 09:29 PM
  #1439  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 229
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nah, white texan
Christobevii3 is offline  
Old 09-02-10, 07:19 AM
  #1440  
Senior Member
 
KungPaoSchwinn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Ms/Ca, USA,Earth.
Posts: 705

Bikes: 2009 Trek FX 7.3 ( pimp moment )

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Thanks,i asked bcz when i clicked on the image of your bike,it linked to a Chinese version of Image Shack,nice bike anyway.
KungPaoSchwinn is offline  
Old 09-05-10, 07:57 AM
  #1441  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 130
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
1993 GF Hoo Koo E Koo made hybrid

This beast is great. $70 for the bike, swapped out the stem and bars, changed the seat, homemade fenders and new tires. I'm keeping him purposefully ugly so he wont get stolen like my last 'prettier' bike.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
photo 3..jpg (72.7 KB, 147 views)
File Type: jpg
photo 4..jpg (69.8 KB, 159 views)
trailz is offline  
Old 09-09-10, 12:53 PM
  #1442  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 463

Bikes: Several

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2008 Trek 7.9FX - full carbon. Just a wonderful riding bike.

Trek 7.5FX (2009 I think). Would like to put 35c tires on this if they safely fit the 14mm rim. Although it was supposed to have 32's, it actually came with 28's

Giant Cypress (2 pics) - set up for pure comfort. But surprisingly agile and quick.

Trek Soho S (single speed - Not "technically a hybrid .... but lots of fun on flat ground)

Giant FCR1 and Trek 7100 (neither shown) - FCR1 is fast, essentially a flat bar road bike and compact road gearing to boot. Although it is OK I'm not overly crazy about the 7100.

Don't know why I have so many cause it is expensive, but the variety does keep the riding all that much more fun.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Trek 7.9FX..jpg (96.7 KB, 180 views)
File Type: jpg
Trek 7.5FX..jpg (98.2 KB, 188 views)
File Type: jpg
Giant Cypress..jpg (98.0 KB, 157 views)
File Type: jpg
Giant Cypress(2)..jpg (100.8 KB, 152 views)
File Type: jpg
Trek Soho S..jpg (96.5 KB, 158 views)

Last edited by Talldog; 09-09-10 at 01:00 PM.
Talldog is offline  
Old 09-09-10, 02:05 PM
  #1443  
Senior Member
 
AdelaaR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Vlaamse Ardennen, Belgium
Posts: 3,898
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Talldog
Don't know why I have so many
I haven't got a clue either ... that is an actual bike-collection there.
If you keep this up you could start a museum.
AdelaaR is offline  
Old 09-09-10, 03:41 PM
  #1444  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 463

Bikes: Several

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AdelaaR
I haven't got a clue either ... that is an actual bike-collection there.
If you keep this up you could start a museum.
I know... I know. I've even had four motorcycles around at one point. You should see my vintage stereo and airgun collection ... yada, yada, LOL. I do realize deep down that this is a disorder. But hey, it is fun. There are worse things I'm sure. And still way cheaper than some of my friends who indulge in boats and exotic cars.
Talldog is offline  
Old 09-09-10, 04:32 PM
  #1445  
Born Again Pagan
 
irclean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Southwestern Ontario
Posts: 2,241

Bikes: Schwinn hybrid, Raleigh MTB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Talldog
I know... I know. I've even had four motorcycles around at one point. You should see my vintage stereo and airgun collection ... yada, yada, LOL. I do realize deep down that this is a disorder. But hey, it is fun. There are worse things I'm sure. And still way cheaper than some of my friends who indulge in boats and exotic cars.
Hmm... what part of Ontario do you live in? I might just have to drop by and help you indulge in your disorder!
irclean is offline  
Old 09-09-10, 04:57 PM
  #1446  
Senior Member
 
AaronJohnTurner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Edmonton/Alberta/Canada
Posts: 126

Bikes: 2010 Trek Vlaencia

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fairymuff
Here's my Trek Valencia and the wife's Specialized Globe Vienna on a short tour we just did.

The Trek has been pimped a bit. The pedals were the first to go. They were replaced with wellgo's from my old mtb.I put some toe cups on them as well. Then there was the rack and mudguards/fenders. I had the LBS replace the stock 12-28 cassette to an 11-34 to deal with the inclines around here. Then I swapped the seagull style handlebars with flat bars from the same mtb and stuck bar ends on them. The last change was the saddle. I put a charge spoon (a cheap (25) saddle that gets rave reviews around here) on it. We've just finished Swindon to Cardiff; 170 miles in 4 days.

The castle in the background is Caerphilly castle in Wales.
Nice trip! I certainly wish we had castles in Canada.

The Valencia handles touring like a champ that's for sure.
This is mine on a 350km trip from Edmonton to Hinton, Alberta.


Like you I made a lot of changes, Wellgo clipless pedals, Ergon grips, flipped the stem, added barends, fenders, seat post bottlecages. It's a fun bike to mess around with.

Last edited by AaronJohnTurner; 09-09-10 at 05:00 PM.
AaronJohnTurner is offline  
Old 09-09-10, 05:16 PM
  #1447  
Senior Member
 
fairymuff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 297
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AaronJohnTurner
Nice trip! I certainly wish we had castles in Canada.
The Valencia handles touring like a champ that's for sure.
This is mine on a 350km trip from Edmonton to Hinton, Alberta.

Like you I made a lot of changes, Wellgo clipless pedals, Ergon grips, flipped the stem, added barends, fenders, seat post bottlecages. It's a fun bike to mess around with.
The Valencia certainly held up well during the 4 day trip. That trip actually was a training run for a tour we've got planned over Christmas. We're flying the bikes out to Penang (Malaysia), and plan to ride down to Singapore. 940 kms in 16 days (3 rest days planned) in the hot and humid tropics. Mostly flat thank god

Thinking about that trip evokes a mix of excitement and trepidation....
fairymuff is offline  
Old 09-09-10, 05:32 PM
  #1448  
Senior Member
 
AaronJohnTurner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Edmonton/Alberta/Canada
Posts: 126

Bikes: 2010 Trek Vlaencia

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fairymuff
The Valencia certainly held up well during the 4 day trip. That trip actually was a training run for a tour we've got planned over Christmas. We're flying the bikes out to Penang (Malaysia), and plan to ride down to Singapore. 940 kms in 16 days (3 rest days planned) in the hot and humid tropics. Mostly flat thank god

Thinking about that trip evokes a mix of excitement and trepidation....
And evokes jeaously out of me! Sounds fantastic, hope all goes well.
AaronJohnTurner is offline  
Old 09-09-10, 06:52 PM
  #1449  
Senior Member
 
Dbl E GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 75

Bikes: 2008 Trek 2.3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My newest ride ....LOVE IT !!!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
2010 Giant Rapid 1.jpg (55.8 KB, 262 views)
Dbl E GT is offline  
Old 09-09-10, 09:23 PM
  #1450  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 202

Bikes: Specialized Sirrus Sport, Kona Kahuna 29er, Santa Cruz Nickel 650b, Cannondale CAAD 10

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Here is my new Specialized Sirrus Sport. So far I've flipped the stem to fit me better, got a new seat, cateye computer, SPD pedals, Easton EA50 wheels with Specialized Armadillo tires and new lightweight cassette.

Triaxtremec is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.