Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Hybrid Bicycles
Reload this Page >

Where Did Your Hybrid Take You Today?

Notices
Hybrid Bicycles Where else would you go to discuss these fun, versatile bikes?

Where Did Your Hybrid Take You Today?

Old 07-09-14, 09:03 PM
  #2551  
Member
 
Scottrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Illinois near St Louis MO
Posts: 34

Bikes: Giant Sedona DX and a Giant Simple 7 cruiser

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
AWESOME! Keep it up! Great selection in Brews, you deserve it!!
Scottrod is offline  
Old 07-10-14, 08:43 AM
  #2552  
Senior Member
 
jbchybridrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: adelaide, australia
Posts: 2,802
Liked 402 Times in 152 Posts
Originally Posted by camjr
Where did my hybrid take me today? Well, today my hybrid took me over a personal goal I had when I started riding in mid May 2014 when I turned 47, finally got serious about losing a little weight since I was at 230 and a Type II Diabetic, and decided to make a few changes. I started for two weeks on an old Mongoose MTB, quickly tired of pedalling that pig, purchased my 2013 Fuji Absolute 2.1 on May 30, 2014, and tried to start getting serious. I've posted a lot of shots of things seen during my ride, but this simple picture below means a lot to me. Tonight I finally acheived a personal goal of mine when I started riding almost 2 months ago. Tonight was the night I completed 100 miles in a one week period. 6 rides, one weeknight off, for a total of 101 miles from last Thursday through tonight (Wednesday).

So, where did my hybrid take me today? It took me on a very long, 101 mile route to my refrigerator for a celebratory beer. Tonight's selection is a Firemans 4 Blonde Ale Real Ale Brewing Company located in Blanco, TX.

Cheers everyone!!!

"Hmm" wouldn't mind a bit of that brew around a camp fire
jbchybridrider is offline  
Old 07-12-14, 09:06 AM
  #2553  
Senior Member
 
camjr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Lewisville, TX
Posts: 692

Bikes: 1976 Motobecane Grand Touring, 2013 Fuji Absolute 2.1 hybrid, 2000 Mongoose S2000 MTB, 2009 Schwinn Jaguar beach cruiser

Liked 326 Times in 128 Posts
I was up before dawn this morning since my daughter is competing in a track meet until late afternoon, and then I'll be driving 325 miles to take my son to his college registration and orientation at Texas Tech University (proud dad here!!!). Since I would not be able to ride the next couple of days, I wanted to go a bit longer than my normal 20-25 miles on a weekend morning. I did 30 miles before the heat cranked up, and the wind was negligible. I did take a couple of shots while I was out.

I know I post a lot of pics of the sunrise around this part of the lake, but I thought this image of the sun was cool


Marina starting to wake up and come to life


A couple of shots of the 2013 Fuji Absolute 2.1 against another form of transportation...



Cheers!
camjr is offline  
Old 07-12-14, 10:50 PM
  #2554  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 233
Likes: 0
Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
The Coupeville Prairie

Took these shots today riding the Coupeville Prairie on Whidbey Island, WA.


Attached Images
File Type: jpg
PICT0015a.jpg (103.5 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg
PICT0014a.jpg (89.3 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg
PICT0012a.jpg (90.8 KB, 46 views)
ModeratedUser17082018 is offline  
Old 07-13-14, 10:04 AM
  #2555  
Junior Member
 
beachcire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Tampa
Posts: 6

Bikes: 2014 Trek 7.2 FX

Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Took a nice ride down the coast this morning.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
20140713_095658.jpg (100.6 KB, 259 views)
beachcire is offline  
Old 07-13-14, 10:22 AM
  #2556  
Senior Member
 
jbchybridrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: adelaide, australia
Posts: 2,802
Liked 402 Times in 152 Posts
^^ Nice ride reports everyone.

My 29er sadly is dead so rode the pug again today.
I rode coast to the hills and back along Linear Park bike track but left late so rode the last hour or so in total darkness with no lights.



jbchybridrider is offline  
Old 07-13-14, 04:47 PM
  #2557  
Ha ha ha ha ha
 
giantcfr1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Gold Coast; Australia
Posts: 4,554

Bikes: 2004 ORBEA Mitis2 Plus Carbon, 2007 Cannondale Bad Boy Si Disc, 2012 Trek Gary Fisher Collection Marlin WSD 29er Aldi Big Box (Polygon) 650b

Likes: 0
Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by jbchybridrider
^^ Nice ride reports everyone.

My 29er sadly is dead so rode the pug again today.
I rode coast to the hills and back along Linear Park bike track but left late so rode the last hour or so in total darkness with no lights.
Great photos as usual.
BTW what happened to your 29er?
giantcfr1 is offline  
Old 07-13-14, 08:36 PM
  #2558  
Senior Member
 
jbchybridrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: adelaide, australia
Posts: 2,802
Liked 402 Times in 152 Posts
Originally Posted by giantcfr1
Great photos as usual.
BTW what happened to your 29er?
I was cleaning the bike and found the seat stay broken right through. I think it started as a crack possibly 3 weekends back developing into a full break and the last ride back to my car was a long fast downhill with jumps so I'm lucky it didn't "Asplode" I'm considering the cost of fixing it against the cost of a new alloy frame.
jbchybridrider is offline  
Old 07-13-14, 08:44 PM
  #2559  
Ha ha ha ha ha
 
giantcfr1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Gold Coast; Australia
Posts: 4,554

Bikes: 2004 ORBEA Mitis2 Plus Carbon, 2007 Cannondale Bad Boy Si Disc, 2012 Trek Gary Fisher Collection Marlin WSD 29er Aldi Big Box (Polygon) 650b

Likes: 0
Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by jbchybridrider
I was cleaning the bike and found the seat stay broken right through. I think it started as a crack possibly 3 weekends back developing into a full break and the last ride back to my car was a long fast downhill with jumps so I'm lucky it didn't "Asplode" I'm considering the cost of fixing it against the cost of a new alloy frame.
Far-out, you are lucky it didn't break whilst riding back. Is this the "s-works"? You must have left it in the sun, too long
giantcfr1 is offline  
Old 07-13-14, 08:45 PM
  #2560  
Ha ha ha ha ha
 
giantcfr1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Gold Coast; Australia
Posts: 4,554

Bikes: 2004 ORBEA Mitis2 Plus Carbon, 2007 Cannondale Bad Boy Si Disc, 2012 Trek Gary Fisher Collection Marlin WSD 29er Aldi Big Box (Polygon) 650b

Likes: 0
Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by camjr
I was up before dawn this morning since my daughter is competing in a track meet until late afternoon, and then I'll be driving 325 miles to take my son to his college registration and orientation at Texas Tech University (proud dad here!!!). Since I would not be able to ride the next couple of days, I wanted to go a bit longer than my normal 20-25 miles on a weekend morning. I did 30 miles before the heat cranked up, and the wind was negligible. I did take a couple of shots while I was out.

I know I post a lot of pics of the sunrise around this part of the lake, but I thought this image of the sun was cool
...

Cheers!
I missed these pics somehow. Fantastic!
giantcfr1 is offline  
Old 07-14-14, 07:00 AM
  #2561  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 429

Bikes: Scott Sub 40

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by jbchybridrider
^^ Nice ride reports everyone.

My 29er sadly is dead so rode the pug again today.
I rode coast to the hills and back along Linear Park bike track but left late so rode the last hour or so in total darkness with no lights.
I'm jealous of people who live in places that allow them to comfortably bike in the winter! Where I live there would be lots of snow and well below freezing temperatures in mid-winter.
VTBike is offline  
Old 07-14-14, 09:44 PM
  #2562  
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: lower mitten
Posts: 1,555

Bikes: With round 700c & 26" wheels

Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by giantcfr1
Sorry not my hybrid today. I have an important race next month so I have to get in some hours on my road bike. These are some pics that I want to share with you from today's ride...







If you are interested here is today's course on Strava... Bike Ride Profile | Solo Ride Mt Atago - Keihoku Circuit near Kita Ward | Times and Records | Strava
I'm jealous again! lol Beautiful surroundings and pictures!
lopek77 is offline  
Old 07-15-14, 04:17 AM
  #2563  
Senior Member
 
jbchybridrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: adelaide, australia
Posts: 2,802
Liked 402 Times in 152 Posts
Originally Posted by giantcfr1
Far-out, you are lucky it didn't break whilst riding back. Is this the "s-works"? You must have left it in the sun, too long
Considering what happened to Contador I'm very lucky
jbchybridrider is offline  
Old 07-15-14, 04:23 AM
  #2564  
Senior Member
 
jbchybridrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: adelaide, australia
Posts: 2,802
Liked 402 Times in 152 Posts
Originally Posted by VTBike
I'm jealous of people who live in places that allow them to comfortably bike in the winter! Where I live there would be lots of snow and well below freezing temperatures in mid-winter.
Winter is my favorite time for riding when the country side is green and although it dose snow in the hills here I've never seen it. I would love to ride in snow, the novelty factor seems irresistible.
jbchybridrider is offline  
Old 07-15-14, 08:33 AM
  #2565  
Ha ha ha ha ha
 
giantcfr1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Gold Coast; Australia
Posts: 4,554

Bikes: 2004 ORBEA Mitis2 Plus Carbon, 2007 Cannondale Bad Boy Si Disc, 2012 Trek Gary Fisher Collection Marlin WSD 29er Aldi Big Box (Polygon) 650b

Likes: 0
Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by jbchybridrider
Considering what happened to Contador I'm very lucky
It's a vicious rumour. 'A car backed over it', is the official statement from Specialized lol

Last edited by giantcfr1; 07-15-14 at 08:36 AM.
giantcfr1 is offline  
Old 07-15-14, 05:40 PM
  #2566  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ohio
Posts: 12

Bikes: Trek FX 7.2

Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My wife and I rode from CJ brown Reservoir to Urbana today round trip. About 32.5 miles. Stopped off for some chilled coffee at a coffee shop at the end of the paved trail.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
BuckToUrbana Small2.jpg (53.2 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg
BuckToUrbana Small3.jpg (100.0 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg
BuckToUrbana Small13.jpg (71.1 KB, 43 views)
chrisicool is offline  
Old 07-16-14, 05:14 AM
  #2567  
Ha ha ha ha ha
 
giantcfr1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Gold Coast; Australia
Posts: 4,554

Bikes: 2004 ORBEA Mitis2 Plus Carbon, 2007 Cannondale Bad Boy Si Disc, 2012 Trek Gary Fisher Collection Marlin WSD 29er Aldi Big Box (Polygon) 650b

Likes: 0
Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
My daily commute takes me along an 8km riverside trail. This is looking towards one of the many restaurants on the riverbank.
giantcfr1 is offline  
Old 07-20-14, 08:37 AM
  #2568  
Senior Member
 
jbchybridrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: adelaide, australia
Posts: 2,802
Liked 402 Times in 152 Posts
I like your daily commute Mr. Giant, would love to ride over there.


I rode my JBC for the first time in over 2 years today and performed flawlessly. I also fitted a speed computer and surprisingly I remembered to reset it before riding, I usually don't bother with these things.

Time; 4 hour 52 minutes.

Distance; 101km or 62.7 Miles for backwards country's

Average speed; 20.8kph or 12.9mph. Seems pathetic saying it like that. I was averaging 28kph up until the foot hills.

The first pic I put a green arrow thingys showing where I started along the coast. I rode along Linear Park all the way to the hills without ever riding on the road with cars and as usual came up to Mount Lofty the back way, the scenic way and took the same route back.


I stopped to raise the seat post a bit. I get a sore knee if it's to low.


I even watched some school football...... for a minute.


Typical Adelaide Hills scenery.


Another shot from Mount Lofty.




On the way back through the city. It was well and truly night time when I got back to the car but I had my headlight. My legs were beyond screaming they were toasted, it was the hills I should be carrying less weight on my back.


jbchybridrider is offline  
Old 07-20-14, 08:49 AM
  #2569  
Senior Member
 
camjr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Lewisville, TX
Posts: 692

Bikes: 1976 Motobecane Grand Touring, 2013 Fuji Absolute 2.1 hybrid, 2000 Mongoose S2000 MTB, 2009 Schwinn Jaguar beach cruiser

Liked 326 Times in 128 Posts
JBC, great pics and ride report as usual!
camjr is offline  
Old 07-20-14, 08:55 AM
  #2570  
Senior Member
 
jbchybridrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: adelaide, australia
Posts: 2,802
Liked 402 Times in 152 Posts
Thanks mate
jbchybridrider is offline  
Old 07-20-14, 09:34 AM
  #2571  
Senior Member
 
Walpurgisnacht's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Northeast USA
Posts: 64

Bikes: 2007 Specialized Sirrus

Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
[MENTION=219181]jbchybridrider[/MENTION] that looks like it was a wonderful riding adventure!
Walpurgisnacht is offline  
Old 07-20-14, 01:54 PM
  #2572  
Junior Member
 
codyash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 15

Bikes: 2013 Fuji Absolute 1.4

Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Unfortunately, nowhere view worthy. Did a quick file mile trek through the local retirement home on their paved path.
codyash is offline  
Old 07-20-14, 02:02 PM
  #2573  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 239

Bikes: s-works FSR stumpy, custom Lynskey, Trek Madone

Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rode around Lake Fayetteville (AR), stopped for lunch at mellow mushroom, stopped for iced coffee at Starbucks. A nice relaxing 23 mile ride with my husband. And we had a personal best average speed of 14 mph. It's funny because just 2 months ago, we were huffing and puffing at only 12 mph and only 10 miles. This speed was achieved over some hilly terrain to boot!
simplybao is offline  
Old 07-20-14, 03:52 PM
  #2574  
Senior Member
 
limbot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Tasmania Australia
Posts: 270

Bikes: 2014 Avanti Cadent ERII 2, 2013 Trek DS 8.4, 2008 Norco Wolverine

Likes: 0
Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Here....
limbot is offline  
Old 07-20-14, 06:01 PM
  #2575  
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 47
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jbchybridrider
I like your daily commute Mr. Giant, would love to ride over there.


I rode my JBC for the first time in over 2 years today and performed flawlessly. I also fitted a speed computer and surprisingly I remembered to reset it before riding, I usually don't bother with these things.

Time; 4 hour 52 minutes.

Distance; 101km or 62.7 Miles for backwards country's

Average speed; 20.8kph or 12.9mph. Seems pathetic saying it like that. I was averaging 28kph up until the foot hills.

The first pic I put a green arrow thingys showing where I started along the coast. I rode along Linear Park all the way to the hills without ever riding on the road with cars and as usual came up to Mount Lofty the back way, the scenic way and took the same route back.


I stopped to raise the seat post a bit. I get a sore knee if it's to low.


I even watched some school football...... for a minute.


Typical Adelaide Hills scenery.


Another shot from Mount Lofty.




On the way back through the city. It was well and truly night time when I got back to the car but I had my headlight. My legs were beyond screaming they were toasted, it was the hills I should be carrying less weight on my back.


I do not even know what to say, seemly you have it all, the great bike to use on some amazing locations. WOW man, makes us want to visit AU.
ingenuitor is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.