Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

hello from snowbound western Wisconsin

Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

hello from snowbound western Wisconsin

Reply

Old 12-16-16, 08:55 AM
  #1  
JLonghurst
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
JLonghurst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
hello from snowbound western Wisconsin

Hi -- I'm a bicycle historian and roadie, everyday cyclist, bike advocate, amateur mechanic, and occasional fat biker from Wisconsin. We're getting a lot of snow right now, so I'll be stuck inside for a bit. Seemed like a good time to delurk and join BikeForums.

I'll be posting to the collector's forums today, because I've come here for help on a research project that has left me stumped. I'm looking for VERY early, 1930s-era Fuji-related ephemera, so if anyone knows any obsessed Fuji collectors, I'd appreciate it if you could send them my inquiries. More in the collector's forums.
JLonghurst is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-16, 08:57 AM
  #2  
10 Wheels
Galveston County Texas
 
10 Wheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: In The Wind
Posts: 30,995

Bikes: 2010 Expedition, 03 GTO

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 709 Post(s)
Welcome to Bike Forums from Texas
__________________
Fred "The Real Fred"
10 Wheels is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-16, 11:18 AM
  #3  
Homebrew01
Super Moderator
 
Homebrew01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ffld Cnty Connecticut
Posts: 20,900

Bikes: Old Steelies I made, Old Cannondales

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 726 Post(s)
Originally Posted by JLonghurst View Post
Hi -- I'm a bicycle historian and roadie, everyday cyclist, bike advocate, amateur mechanic, and occasional fat biker from Wisconsin. We're getting a lot of snow right now, so I'll be stuck inside for a bit. Seemed like a good time to delurk and join BikeForums.

I'll be posting to the collector's forums today, because I've come here for help on a research project that has left me stumped. I'm looking for VERY early, 1930s-era Fuji-related ephemera, so if anyone knows any obsessed Fuji collectors, I'd appreciate it if you could send them my inquiries. More in the collector's forums.
Welcome to Bike Forums !

It might be helpful to add your location to your profile. You may get tips/advice if any other BF members are familiar with your area.

Also, you may get help for older bikes here: Classic & Vintage - Bike Forums
__________________
Bikes: Old steel race bikes, old Cannondale race bikes, less old Cannondale race bike, crappy old mtn bike.

FYI: http://www.bikeforums.net/forum-sugg...ad-please.html
Homebrew01 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-16, 01:18 PM
  #4  
rumrunn6
Senior Member
 
rumrunn6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: 25 miles northwest of Boston
Posts: 21,789

Bikes: Bottecchia Sprint, GT Timberline 29r

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2697 Post(s)
you know, there's a bunch of winter rider nutz that would love to hassle you man welcome!
rumrunn6 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-16, 06:43 PM
  #5  
RonH
Life is good
 
RonH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Not far from the Withlacoochee Trail. 🚴🏻
Posts: 18,207

Bikes: 2001 Litespeed Tuscany, 2018 Lynskey Helix Pro

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 516 Post(s)
Welcome to Bike Forums from west central Florida. Its not sunny now because the sun has set but tomorrow is supposed to be sunny and 80F. Just had to let you know.
__________________
The LORD is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and plenteous in mercy. - Psalm 103:8

I am a cyclist. I am not the fastest or the fittest. But I will get to where I'm going with a smile on my face.
RonH is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-16, 09:32 PM
  #6  
wipekitty
vespertine member
 
wipekitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: organic valley
Posts: 1,700

Bikes: Yes

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 451 Post(s)
Originally Posted by JLonghurst View Post
We're getting a lot of snow right now, so I'll be stuck inside for a bit. Seemed like a good time to delurk and join BikeForums.
Let me officially be the first of the winter nutz to hassle you...whut, no fun Saturday snow ride?!

Welcome to BF!
wipekitty is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-16, 07:07 AM
  #7  
qcpmsame
Banned.
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 12,243
Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 912 Post(s)
Welcome aboard, from one of those pesky Florida riders that is looking at a high this afternoon near 75F. I'd be interested in following your historical research and findings, so I will be looking for your posts in the C&V Forum.

Bill
qcpmsame is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-16, 08:20 PM
  #8  
JLonghurst
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
JLonghurst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Originally Posted by qcpmsame View Post
Welcome aboard, from one of those pesky Florida riders that is looking at a high this afternoon near 75F. I'd be interested in following your historical research and findings, so I will be looking for your posts in the C&V Forum.

Bill
Yeah, -23 here this morning.

Thanks for your interest. I wasn't planning on posting my work here -- but it's available wherever books are sold. Bike Battles | Bike Battles: A History of Sharing the American Road

or an earlier article: https://www.cambridge.org/core/journ...10AEBBC20026F9
JLonghurst is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-16, 08:22 PM
  #9  
JLonghurst
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
JLonghurst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Originally Posted by Homebrew01 View Post
Welcome to Bike Forums !

It might be helpful to add your location to your profile. You may get tips/advice if any other BF members are familiar with your area.

Also, you may get help for older bikes here: Classic & Vintage - Bike Forums
Thanks, I've already posted to C&V.
JLonghurst is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-16, 08:24 PM
  #10  
JLonghurst
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
JLonghurst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Originally Posted by rumrunn6 View Post
you know, there's a bunch of winter rider nutz that would love to hassle you man welcome!
Well, I ride in the winter too, but it's not just snowing right now, it's also -23. That's not counting windchill
JLonghurst is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-16, 08:26 PM
  #11  
JLonghurst
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
JLonghurst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Originally Posted by RonH View Post
Welcome to Bike Forums from west central Florida. Its not sunny now because the sun has set but tomorrow is supposed to be sunny and 80F. Just had to let you know.
I used to live outside of Tampa for a couple of years. I certainly miss the winter weather, but I don't miss the hurricanes at all.
JLonghurst is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-16, 11:23 AM
  #12  
llamperouge3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi, Welcome to BF
llamperouge3 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service