Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

As we say in Cali - Whassup Homey

Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

As we say in Cali - Whassup Homey

Old 12-30-18, 12:07 AM
  #1  
Rhymesmart
Rhymesmart
Thread Starter
 
Rhymesmart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 7

Bikes: Kent 700c Fixed Gear/Road Bike (Old School)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
As we say in Cali - Whassup Homey

Peace everyone, and blessings.

I am from So Cal - San Diego area. Had to poke my lil two cents in there and toss up a common dap to all those riding with life out there. I however, hop off and on. It has been a couple years since I rode well enough the entire city (commute), and now back into, this time with more commitment. Long story short, I am a little older and you may call me Old School when you see me. *Bumpin' my 90's Hip-Hop, Underground Hip-Hop, mobbin like a Goonie* as kids we rode BMX everywhere 1980's kids. I always had a plethora of bikes to use, Mini's, 26's, 27's. I learned a lot about riding as a kid and what a single speed presented as well geared bi-wheels. I prefered the BMX with oversized crank after a while. Thus moving me into Fixed and Single speed bi-wheel nature. I love cruising, coasting, fast pace, safe as I can - depending on a few things (LOL). Well, anyhow, I have an Old School Kent 700c that I bought and currently am fitting the bike with parts needed to commute me reliably. You may have seen the Walmart craze about those Kent Fixed / Road bikes. I have seen the videos of both likes and dislikes and also agree with both, so I bought it as a starter to what I really am aspiring to throw my leg over. I am a commuting machine, and make anything of whatever brand into my personal functioning soul.



I actually am impressed with this Kent however, it has served me a greater good than bad, and for that - Your bike becomes part of you. I wish I could have afforded a better bi-wheel, but at the sensitive time of need, and the access to funds. I made my bed. I will be updating the 700c into a Single Speed Pigeon.


Peace to the Forum Gods, Bike Guru's, and Faithful Members of this site. All riders, walks of life, and wheels non the like. Ride Everyday, Everywhere, Every way.


Shouts out to Cali !!! One
Rhymesmart is offline  
Old 12-30-18, 12:59 AM
  #2  
Dannihilator
Still kicking.
 
Dannihilator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Annandale, New Jersey
Posts: 19,658

Bikes: Bike Count: Rising.

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked 28 Times in 21 Posts
Welcome to the forums.
__________________
Appreciate the old bikes more than the new.
Dannihilator is offline  
Old 12-31-18, 06:40 AM
  #3  
Trsnrtr
Super Moderator
 
Trsnrtr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Central Illinois
Posts: 20,129

Bikes: Giant Propel, Colnago V3, Co-Motion Supremo, ICE VTX, ICE VTX WC

Mentioned: 103 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8507 Post(s)
Liked 1,974 Times in 962 Posts
Welcome.
__________________
Dennis T

Where there is a will, there's a way. Where there is no will, there's an excuse.





Trsnrtr is offline  
Old 01-01-19, 08:15 PM
  #4  
LAJ
So it is
 
LAJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Westminster, CO
Posts: 19,405

Bikes: Luzerne, 684, Boreas, Wheelhouse, Alize©®, Bayamo, Cayo

Mentioned: 242 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9209 Post(s)
Liked 2,789 Times in 1,613 Posts
Wassup Rhymesmart, and welcome to Bike Forums!
__________________
Originally Posted by Mojo31 View Post
Thrifty is not always smart.




LAJ is offline  
Old 01-06-19, 10:35 AM
  #5  
Rhymesmart
Rhymesmart
Thread Starter
 
Rhymesmart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 7

Bikes: Kent 700c Fixed Gear/Road Bike (Old School)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Intro:ducing

Thank you all. If you are in the So Cal area, we need to link and ride.
Rhymesmart is offline  
Old 01-06-19, 03:36 PM
  #6  
Siu Blue Wind
Homey
 
Siu Blue Wind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 13,319
Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2093 Post(s)
Liked 744 Times in 486 Posts
Oh hayyy welcome from hella sunny NorCal! WOOOOOO!!
__________________
Originally Posted by making View Post
Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.
Siu Blue Wind is offline  
Old 01-06-19, 03:51 PM
  #7  
eja_ bottecchia
Senior Member
 
eja_ bottecchia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5,734
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Liked 431 Times in 276 Posts
Wassup asere.
eja_ bottecchia is offline  
Old 01-06-19, 05:00 PM
  #8  
StanSeven
Administrator
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Delaware shore
Posts: 13,415

Bikes: Cervelo C5, Guru Photon, Waterford, Specialized CX

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 893 Post(s)
Liked 862 Times in 627 Posts
Welcome. Nice write up for your intro.
StanSeven is offline  
Old 01-07-19, 10:32 AM
  #9  
Rhymesmart
Rhymesmart
Thread Starter
 
Rhymesmart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 7

Bikes: Kent 700c Fixed Gear/Road Bike (Old School)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Siu Blue Wind View Post
Oh hayyy welcome from hella sunny NorCal! WOOOOOO!!
Did you say Sunny & Nor Cal in the same sentence ? LOL (funnies pages). Anyhow, you all are great - thank you for the warm welcome. I plan on killing some miles. Who here lives in So Cal ?
Rhymesmart is offline  
Old 01-07-19, 10:34 AM
  #10  
Rhymesmart
Rhymesmart
Thread Starter
 
Rhymesmart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 7

Bikes: Kent 700c Fixed Gear/Road Bike (Old School)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by StanSeven View Post
Welcome. Nice write up for your intro.
Thank uou Brother Stan Steven - hopeful to shine the right light on my agenda and experience. Your comments are perfect additions of the same. Let's ride one day ?
Rhymesmart is offline  
Old 01-07-19, 04:54 PM
  #11  
amberdaisy
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
What's up from LA!
amberdaisy is offline  
Old 01-07-19, 08:02 PM
  #12  
Siu Blue Wind
Homey
 
Siu Blue Wind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 13,319
Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2093 Post(s)
Liked 744 Times in 486 Posts
Originally Posted by Rhymesmart View Post
Did you say Sunny & Nor Cal in the same sentence ? LOL (funnies pages). Anyhow, you all are great - thank you for the warm welcome. I plan on killing some miles. Who here lives in So Cal ?

Oh yeah where I am it gets pretty warm. Sometimes streaks of 110-115 for a week or so straight.

We do have a SoCal section of you want to check it out. Maybe you can ask people who wants to meet for a ride. https://www.bikeforums.net/southern-california/
__________________
Originally Posted by making View Post
Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.
Siu Blue Wind is offline  
Old 01-13-19, 07:14 PM
  #13  
new2olbikes
Junior Member
 
new2olbikes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Juhryzee shauw, from the heart of Flatbush
Posts: 16

Bikes: Nuttin great: late 70's 80's Ross Pro GT, late 60's/70's Ross girls Compact. 60's RollFast kids project etc..

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Very nice "feel" in your writing, a good read and rider no doubt. Now I gotta find out what a Kent is.. no foolin.
new2olbikes is offline  
Old 01-14-19, 08:28 AM
  #14  
Rhymesmart
Rhymesmart
Thread Starter
 
Rhymesmart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 7

Bikes: Kent 700c Fixed Gear/Road Bike (Old School)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Who said L.A.

Originally Posted by amberdaisy View Post
What's up from LA!
Amber, let's exchange information. You are closer to here than, there. I head up to L.A. L. A. Land weekly. Vinyl diggin, next time I stop true, let's spin.
Rhymesmart is offline  
Old 01-14-19, 08:39 AM
  #15  
Rhymesmart
Rhymesmart
Thread Starter
 
Rhymesmart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 7

Bikes: Kent 700c Fixed Gear/Road Bike (Old School)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by new2olbikes View Post
Very nice "feel" in your writing, a good read and rider no doubt. Now I gotta find out what a Kent is.. no foolin.

Thank you New2Bikes; I have a video on Youtube - nothing major. Robinson Wigfall (or) Kent 700c Thruster. Kent is bypartisan of American Int. Bikes, old company from early 50's. They considerably make decent simple frames. Low quality bi-wheels with reliable commute. Kent was my 1st bike as a kid. Instead of going new brand, or, popular. I went with my ORIGINAL BIKE maker - Kent.
Rhymesmart is offline  
Old 01-14-19, 08:50 AM
  #16  
Bigbandito
Circus bear
 
Bigbandito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 75

Bikes: 2018 Fuji Absolute 2.3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts
Wassup Cool Breeze?! Wha's happ'nin' Baby? Godda'n!
Bigbandito is offline  
Old 01-26-19, 10:27 AM
  #17  
Grey goat
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 9 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Rhymesmart View Post
Peace everyone, and blessings.

I am from So Cal - San Diego area. Had to poke my lil two cents in there and toss up a common dap to all those riding with life out there. I however, hop off and on. It has been a couple years since I rode well enough the entire city (commute), and now back into, this time with more commitment. Long story short, I am a little older and you may call me Old School when you see me. *Bumpin' my 90's Hip-Hop, Underground Hip-Hop, mobbin like a Goonie* as kids we rode BMX everywhere 1980's kids. I always had a plethora of bikes to use, Mini's, 26's, 27's. I learned a lot about riding as a kid and what a single speed presented as well geared bi-wheels. I prefered the BMX with oversized crank after a while. Thus moving me into Fixed and Single speed bi-wheel nature. I love cruising, coasting, fast pace, safe as I can - depending on a few things (LOL). Well, anyhow, I have an Old School Kent 700c that I bought and currently am fitting the bike with parts needed to commute me reliably. You may have seen the Walmart craze about those Kent Fixed / Road bikes. I have seen the videos of both likes and dislikes and also agree with both, so I bought it as a starter to what I really am aspiring to throw my leg over. I am a commuting machine, and make anything of whatever brand into my personal functioning soul.



I actually am impressed with this Kent however, it has served me a greater good than bad, and for that - Your bike becomes part of you. I wish I could have afforded a better bi-wheel, but at the sensitive time of need, and the access to funds. I made my bed. I will be updating the 700c into a Single Speed Pigeon.


Peace to the Forum Gods, Bike Guru's, and Faithful Members of this site. All riders, walks of life, and wheels non the like. Ride Everyday, Everywhere, Every way.


Shouts out to Cali !!! One
right on!
Grey goat is offline  
Old 01-26-19, 10:45 AM
  #18  
FrenchFit 
The Left Coast, USA
 
FrenchFit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,757

Bikes: Bulls, Bianchi, Koga, Trek, Miyata

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 361 Post(s)
Liked 24 Times in 17 Posts
Cali is a city in Columbia, yo. We are NorCal or SoCal.

Peace out, welcome to the BF.
FrenchFit is offline  
Old 01-26-19, 09:56 PM
  #19  
Siu Blue Wind
Homey
 
Siu Blue Wind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 13,319
Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2093 Post(s)
Liked 744 Times in 486 Posts
Naw dude. NorCal is in Cali. The one in Columbia copied us.
__________________
Originally Posted by making View Post
Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.
Siu Blue Wind is offline  
Old 01-28-19, 06:42 PM
  #20  
Rhymesmart
Rhymesmart
Thread Starter
 
Rhymesmart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 7

Bikes: Kent 700c Fixed Gear/Road Bike (Old School)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
So Cal vs Nor Cal - The Saga Cont....

Originally Posted by FrenchFit View Post
Cali is a city in Columbia, yo. We are NorCal or SoCal.

Peace out, welcome to the BF.

Correct, however the State of California U.S.A. is much larger. We are aware of Cali, Columbia. In fact we here in So Cal (Southern California) call Cali, Columbia - (Loca Cali). Cartela, Narcos, Berrettas, Zapatos.
But, to terminalize United States illness. We the People, born here of California have a definition about ourselves. If not for leading the nation in drug sales, popular social relics, and home of the Original Gangs. I would say we are almost neck and neck with prohibitions.
Northern California, Home of the the Black Panthers, San Fransico, Oakland, San Jose, Sacramento; the State Capital, and raining bullets. Plenty of Cartela there, running farm, local growers of the North happen to serve the WORLD'S best (TREEZ). California; look us up.

Nor Cali Residents refer to home as Nor Cal. Those of us below Fresno, use the term So Cal. Don't come out here saying that though. Just refer to it as California for all out of state, town, and local, residencies.


(Public Service Disclaimer)
Caution: The terms used here are strictly prohibited by California born, raised, and serving, residents. Any usage of these definitions, ideologies, resources, or misunderstandings, can be subject to discrete, and protaganistic violence. For the safety of those traveling the tourist attractions. Do not use these terms to commonly approach the natives. All subjects are in face to change regardless the commonology. These are not terms to use while travelling. In other words, do not try this at home. We are the professionals, and curate the right to expound personal interest thwart common diplomatic sanctions. A simple misunderstanding of these terms is rather a ruthless awakening happenstance you repeat anything you heard or saw here.


Cali Up !!!!
Rhymesmart is offline  
Old 01-29-19, 10:44 AM
  #21  
Siu Blue Wind
Homey
 
Siu Blue Wind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 13,319
Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2093 Post(s)
Liked 744 Times in 486 Posts
I think you and I can be good friends. Nobody understands us.

Plus, my name amongst my crew is Homey... just ask them. Amirite, crew?
__________________
Originally Posted by making View Post
Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.
Siu Blue Wind is offline  
Old 01-29-19, 11:18 AM
  #22  
BillyD
Administrator
 
BillyD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hudson Valley, NY
Posts: 29,530

Bikes: Merlin Cyrene '04; Bridgestone RB-1 '92

Mentioned: 307 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9124 Post(s)
Liked 2,818 Times in 1,598 Posts
Originally Posted by Siu Blue Wind View Post
I think you and I can be good friends. Nobody understands us.

Plus, my name amongst my crew is Homey... just ask them. Amirite, crew?
Indeed it is, Homey.
__________________
See, this is why we can't have nice things. - - smarkinson
Where else but the internet can a bunch of cyclists go and be the tough guy? - - jdon
BillyD is offline  
Old 01-29-19, 11:37 AM
  #23  
BillyD
Administrator
 
BillyD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hudson Valley, NY
Posts: 29,530

Bikes: Merlin Cyrene '04; Bridgestone RB-1 '92

Mentioned: 307 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9124 Post(s)
Liked 2,818 Times in 1,598 Posts
I usually use Cali because California is just too dang long a word to use - 5 syllables.

Besides, if Cali is good enough for Biggie it's good enough for Billy.
__________________
See, this is why we can't have nice things. - - smarkinson
Where else but the internet can a bunch of cyclists go and be the tough guy? - - jdon
BillyD is offline  
Old 01-29-19, 09:05 PM
  #24  
cb400bill
Follow Your Arrow
 
cb400bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Kalamazoo MI
Posts: 19,681

Bikes: Fuji SL2.1 Carbon Di2 Cannondale Synapse Alloy 4 Trek Checkpoint ALR gravel Viscount Aerospace Pro

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2512 Post(s)
Liked 3,283 Times in 2,000 Posts
Originally Posted by Siu Blue Wind View Post
Plus, my name amongst my crew is Homey... just ask them. Amirite, crew?
'Sup Homey?
cb400bill is offline  
Old 01-30-19, 09:16 AM
  #25  
badweather
Junior Member
 
badweather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi

Welcome to the bike forum!
badweather is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.