Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Howdy from The Last Frontier!

Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.
View Poll Results: How much rain is too much for riding?
A sprinkle
0
0%
A downpour
100.00%
None at all
0
0%
Ketchikan sideways rain
0
0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Howdy from The Last Frontier!

Old 01-18-21, 11:29 PM
  #1  
EngrJack
EngrJack
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: Alaska
Posts: 8

Bikes: 1980 Trek 710, 1999 Trek 720 Multitrack, 2021 Trek Dual Sport 2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
Howdy from The Last Frontier!

Hi All,

I decided to join bikeforums because I know there are members who know bikes, components, interchangeability of parts, upgrades... and members love bicycles!

i have a 1999 Trek 720 Multitrack that I bought new. I bought a 2021 Trek Dual Sport 2 for riding on rough pavement, wet asphalt (I live where it rains 130”/yr) and gravel. I just bought a 1980 Trek 710 with the original 05 components group. It has original Rigida steel 27” wheels and tires. It’s color is pewter. It does have bar end shifters. Brakes could be allergic to rain! Hahaha.

My interest in bikes focuses on good engineering design and function. I admire the classic Italian touring bikes. They are functional art! But not very practical for me to own.

I look forward to making friends on this site!

—EngrJack
EngrJack is offline  
Old 01-19-21, 08:20 AM
  #2  
Rage
Space Ghost
 
Rage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,247

Bikes: 1989 Club Fuji, 1989 Bridgestone RB-1, 1989 Specialized Stumpjumper, 1997 Gary Fisher Big Sur, 2001 GT i-drive Race, Iro Mark V, a bunch more

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 184 Post(s)
Liked 220 Times in 178 Posts
Welcome aboard!
Rage is offline  
Old 01-20-21, 10:07 AM
  #3  
Mathew Hayden
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
good morning friends i am a cross country mover
Mathew Hayden is offline  
Old 01-20-21, 01:50 PM
  #4  
DMC707 
Senior Member
 
DMC707's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Oklahoma City
Posts: 4,066

Bikes: Too many to list

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 971 Post(s)
Liked 287 Times in 200 Posts
Originally Posted by EngrJack View Post
Hi All,

I decided to join bikeforums because I know there are members who know bikes, components, interchangeability of parts, upgrades... and members love bicycles!

i have a 1999 Trek 720 Multitrack that I bought new. I bought a 2021 Trek Dual Sport 2 for riding on rough pavement, wet asphalt (I live where it rains 130”/yr) and gravel. I just bought a 1980 Trek 710 with the original 05 components group. It has original Rigida steel 27” wheels and tires. It’s color is pewter. It does have bar end shifters. Brakes could be allergic to rain! Hahaha.

My interest in bikes focuses on good engineering design and function. I admire the classic Italian touring bikes. They are functional art! But not very practical for me to own.

I look forward to making friends on this site!

—EngrJack
Are you sure the wheels are steel and not polished aluminum. Cant recall a trek that was that low end unless someone swapped wheels over the years
DMC707 is offline  
Old 01-20-21, 03:55 PM
  #5  
EngrJack
EngrJack
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: Alaska
Posts: 8

Bikes: 1980 Trek 710, 1999 Trek 720 Multitrack, 2021 Trek Dual Sport 2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by DMC707 View Post
Are you sure the wheels are steel and not polished aluminum. Cant recall a trek that was that low end unless someone swapped wheels over the years
I haven’t seen the bike yet. It’ll be shipped soon. From the photos, the wheels are a dull silver with black oval Rigida decals.They are 27 x 1 1/4 wheels. If they are aluminum, I’ll be pleased!
EngrJack is offline  
Old 01-21-21, 06:00 AM
  #6  
Sanger
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2020
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Posts: 3

Bikes: 1986 Schwinn Passage, 1989 Trek 950, 1989 Trek 660, 2010 Fuji SL1-Comp, 1997 Raleigh M60

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EngrJack View Post
I haven’t seen the bike yet. It’ll be shipped soon. From the photos, the wheels are a dull silver with black oval Rigida decals.They are 27 x 1 1/4 wheels. If they are aluminum, I’ll be pleased!
i believe steel wheels normally have a chrome finish.
Sanger is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.