Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Mountain Biking (https://www.bikeforums.net/mountain-biking/)
-   -   Picked up my new beater today.... (https://www.bikeforums.net/mountain-biking/103157-picked-up-my-new-beater-today.html)

BigGunZ 04-29-05 10:11 AM

Picked up my new beater today....
 
Decided to get another Rock Hopper as a temporary ride until I get my Gemini next month. these things have really changed since 96. Pretty nice bike for the $$$. Time to go out and see if I can break it ;)
http://www.z06vette.com/gallery/data...Hopper-med.jpg

BigGunZ 04-29-05 10:12 AM

Also, if anyone close to Jax Fl. is looking for a few free "project" bikes...check out my post in the Pay-it-Forward section.

shane45 04-29-05 10:34 AM

You could do a lot worse then a Rockhopper to serve as a "beater". It's certainly a step or two above the "beater" nomenclature.

juniorcaveman 04-29-05 10:36 AM

nice Z06 in the background, too. :D

Drunken Chicken 04-29-05 10:38 AM


Originally Posted by juniorcaveman
nice Z06 in the background, too. :D

:lol:

-=(8)=- 04-29-05 10:41 AM

Congrats !

Nothing like a new bike !! :D
I sold a motorcycle this week and New Bike Mania
is in full effect ! I dunno if I should go roady or full
suspension to augment my P2 and Monty Trials rigs ?
So many bikes...so little time !:p

BigGunZ 04-29-05 10:50 AM


Originally Posted by shane45
You could do a lot worse then a Rockhopper to serve as a "beater". It's certainly a step or two above the "beater" nomenclature.

I wish that were true. At 6ft 215, I have a tendency to ruin lessor bikes in a few weeks. My last bike was a 96 Rock Hopper and after riding this new one, I almost like the 96 better (had a rigid fork). The sprung front end on this one feels a bit squishey. I'll prolly get used to it though.

BigGunZ 04-29-05 10:51 AM


Originally Posted by juniorcaveman
nice Z06 in the background, too. :D

Thanks. that would NOT be a beater :D

BigGunZ 04-29-05 10:53 AM


Originally Posted by juniorcaveman
nice Z06 in the background, too. :D

I see you're from Philly. I was raised in Pottsville. Small world.

juniorcaveman 04-29-05 10:58 AM


Originally Posted by BigGunZ
Thanks. that would NOT be a beater :D

that makes me feel a little better... :D

BigGunZ 04-29-05 10:58 AM


Originally Posted by -=Łem in Pa=-
Congrats !

Nothing like a new bike !! :D
I sold a motorcycle this week and New Bike Mania
is in full effect ! I dunno if I should go roady or full
suspension to augment my P2 and Monty Trials rigs ?
So many bikes...so little time !:p

Thanx. I'm getting a full susp. rig around the end of May. I'm leaning heavily towards a Cannondale Gemini 2000 but I'm starting to see a few other rigs on this forum that look interesting as well (I knew I shouldn't have come here). It's a bit tough to find a good turn-key Free Ride bike that doesn't have some sort of compromise involved in it's design and I really don't have the free time to search for parts and build up a Frame.

-=(8)=- 04-29-05 11:07 AM


Originally Posted by BigGunZ
Thanx. I'm getting a full susp. rig around the end of May. I'm leaning heavily towards a Cannondale Gemini 2000 but I'm starting to see a few other rigs on this forum that look interesting as well (I knew I souuldn't have come here). It's a bit tough to find a good turn-key Free Ride bike that doesn't have some sort of compromise involved in it's design and I really don't have the free time to search for parts and build up a Frame.


I looked at a Prophet and loved it but Ive read some harsh stuff about it.
Although Mountain Bike Action is sort of Lamo and onesided their MTB Buyers
Guide is some stuff to salivate over.
I thought the fork on MY P2 was to numb at first too, cuz my last MTB, a Technium
Raliegh was a stiffy and I loved it but after a few big / unintentional drops and hits on
my trails the soft Marzzochi fork is growing on me which Im sure yours will too....
Now you will be able to partake of the every-other-day "Rockhopper Vs. Stumpjumper"
threads !! :D
Good luck on the freeride search !

BigGunZ 04-29-05 11:16 AM


Originally Posted by -=Łem in Pa=-
I looked at a Prophet and loved it but Ive read some harsh stuff about it.

I've heard a few stories too, mostly here, but I haven't read one negative review on the 05 models though, at least not on the Geminis.

PWRDbyTRD 04-29-05 11:27 AM

hey Big...get the stiff springs, 40 bucks, you'll thank me later :D

crashnburn 04-29-05 11:54 AM

Now you just need a bike rack for the Z06, maybe a roof rack :D

juniorcaveman 04-29-05 12:02 PM


Originally Posted by crashnburn
Now you just need a bike rack for the Z06, maybe a roof rack :D

and fairing. don't want to make it un-aerodynamic, now do we? ;)

BigGunZ 04-29-05 12:08 PM


Originally Posted by PWRDbyTRD
hey Big...get the stiff springs, 40 bucks, you'll thank me later :D

Are they a common part that I can find at the dealer where I got the bike?

BigGunZ 04-29-05 12:09 PM


Originally Posted by crashnburn
Now you just need a bike rack for the Z06, maybe a roof rack :D

Ha....If that wouldnt go over like a thong on a nun :eek:

crashnburn 04-29-05 12:12 PM

How bout a hack saw and some door hinges, make her into a folding travel bike when you get your other ride ha ha ha. If that isn't just a sin to think about :p

Drunken Chicken 04-29-05 12:12 PM


Originally Posted by BigGunZ
Ha....If that wouldnt go over like a thong on a nun :eek:

:roflmao:

BigGunZ 04-29-05 12:35 PM


Originally Posted by crashnburn
How bout a hack saw and some door hinges, make her into a folding travel bike when you get your other ride ha ha ha. If that isn't just a sin to think about :p

That's not so far fetched...I'm sure it's only a matter of time before I wrap it around a pole. I'm a bit rusty. :o

PWRDbyTRD 04-29-05 01:48 PM


Originally Posted by BigGunZ
Are they a common part that I can find at the dealer where I got the bike?

yeah any bike shop should be able to order them if they can order forks from that dealer


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:33 AM.


Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.