Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Mountain Biking (https://www.bikeforums.net/mountain-biking/)
-   -   FSA V-Drive cranks (https://www.bikeforums.net/mountain-biking/104987-fsa-v-drive-cranks.html)

toyota200x 05-06-05 10:14 AM

FSA V-Drive cranks
 
1 Attachment(s)
I am just wondering if anyone out there has used these cranks and how they liked them. I am debating on getting the v-drives or the truativ hussefelts. They will be about the same price in the end. Thank you

Dirtbike 05-06-05 10:17 AM

MadMan2k has them and loves them. Just wait for him to chime in.

Maelstrom 05-06-05 10:50 AM

I have run them on my dh bike for a year now. Fantastic cranks :)

toyota200x 05-06-05 12:01 PM

You guys love the FSA's? The deal with the cranks is that I have to buy a ISIS bb and that is 39.99 +s/h then the v-drives cost 54.99 + s/h. SO that will be around 135 dollars for the total package including shipping. I can get the hussefelts for 99dollars +s/h including a bb. I am kind of torn between the two. In my mind it seems like the hussefelts are better cranks. Thank you.

Maelstrom 05-06-05 12:17 PM

I have both and prefer the v-drives.

You are also paying to much for them. I get them for 65 cdn. You should be able to find them cheaper.

toyota200x 05-06-05 12:24 PM


Originally Posted by Maelstrom
I have both and prefer the v-drives.

You are also paying to much for them. I get them for 65 cdn. You should be able to find them cheaper.

Can you show me where to buy the hussefelts for 65cdn? Does 54 dollars for the FSA's sound like a good deal? Thanks for the help.

Maelstrom 05-06-05 01:39 PM

Not the husslfelts. The fsa's.

troie 05-06-05 04:37 PM

V-drives = sexy!

http://www.photohost.org/gallery/data/500/92bash.JPG

phantomcow2 05-06-05 04:44 PM

Im a fan of Truvativs. Hussefelts are also popular around here. They have fantastic reviews also

Raiyn 05-06-05 04:52 PM


Originally Posted by phantomcow2
Im a fan of Truvativs. Hussefelts are also popular around here. They have fantastic reviews also

I love mine. Especially mated to the GiGapipe Theam DH BB. I'm interested in that Megaexo that will let you use regular ISIS cranks on it though

phantomcow2 05-06-05 05:00 PM


Originally Posted by Raiyn
I love mine. Especially mated to the GiGapipe Theam DH BB. I'm interested in that Megaexo that will let you use regular ISIS cranks on it though

Im intersted in the same. You can buy it frm Bulltek sports for 55 bucks, im buying it after my current BB craps out

toyota200x 05-06-05 05:01 PM

How much did you guys pay for your cranks? Thanks.

MadMan2k 05-06-05 05:03 PM

Yes, I have a set of the V-Drive's. Yes, I love them. I have the 3 ring version, which is nice, but I'm thinking about either converting them to a single ring or getting another set with only one ring.

EDIT: I paid $99 for the crankset, and like $50 for a BB, and for them and my pedals to be installed.

Raiyn 05-06-05 05:08 PM


Originally Posted by phantomcow2
Im intersted in the same. You can buy it frm Bulltek sports for 55 bucks, im buying it after my current BB craps out

Sounds like a plan. Although I might have a new bike by the time my BB craps out

phantomcow2 05-06-05 06:38 PM


Originally Posted by Raiyn
Sounds like a plan. Although I might have a new bike by the time my BB craps out

A current beefy as hell BB, or is your bike ready to retire?

Dirtbike 05-06-05 09:43 PM

You guys and wearing out BBs :rolleyes:
A guy at the shop bent his BB. He keeps it on his bench as a souveneir

edit: It was a Gigapipe Team DH. :eek:

Raiyn 05-06-05 11:46 PM


Originally Posted by phantomcow2
A current beefy as hell BB, or is your bike ready to retire?

Truvativ GiGapipe Team DH what do you think? Besides you've seen the type and quality of MTB I'm building up next. I need to scrape together some fundage :D

Hunter 05-07-05 05:52 AM

I have had them for over a year and I have no complaints.

gybatman2004 05-07-05 06:35 AM

I have a Conejo AP5/AT with the FSA Alpha Drives....cheaper cranks that came with a Haro Escape 8.2 that I own. Good solid cranks, can handle 5 foot + drops with no problem. Had some Truvativ's on my DA BOMB SPUTNIK (rest in pieces....a SUV t-boned me at a intersection) and it took that to bend one of the crank arms. Still, both are really strong for the price especially.

phantomcow2 05-07-05 06:38 AM


Originally Posted by Raiyn
Truvativ GiGapipe Team DH what do you think? Besides you've seen the type and quality of MTB I'm building up next. I need to scrape together some fundage :D

actually i have not yet heard of a new MTB for you, expound?

Raiyn 05-07-05 05:53 PM

Well that's frustrating. I hust spent an hour or so looking for a post that I can't find. :mad:
Basically what I'm talking about is an S-works Stumpy Frameset http://www.specialized.com/SBCBkModel.jsp?spid=11242
Slapping on a King Headset, Thomson stem, Probably a next gen Truvativ crankset, King ISO disc hubs (Or Hugi Centerlocks) mated to Mavic 729's, and a SRAM X-9 drivetrain. I MIGHT go Juicy 7's for brakes or the tried and true BB7's will make their return. Other bits will include a Maxm handlebar, and a Specialized BG saddle. I'm still up in the air on tire choices and a few odds and ends but you get the gist.

I'm just cheezed because I had this all laid out the way I wanted it here somewhere

phantomcow2 05-07-05 06:06 PM


Originally Posted by Raiyn
Well that's frustrating. I hust spent an hour or so looking for a post that I can't find. :mad:
Basically what I'm talking about is an S-works Stumpy Frameset http://www.specialized.com/SBCBkModel.jsp?spid=11242
Slapping on a King Headset, Thomson stem, Probably a next gen Truvativ crankset, King ISO disc hubs (Or Hugi Centerlocks) mated to Mavic 729's, and a SRAM X-9 drivetrain. I MIGHT go Juicy 7's for brakes or the tried and true BB7's will make their return. Other bits will include a Maxm handlebar, and a Specialized BG saddle. I'm still up in the air on tire choices and a few odds and ends but you get the gist.

I'm just cheezed because I had this all laid out the way I wanted it here somewhere

Sounds pretty high end, always fun. Is this geared toward more XC? I wouldnt get chris kings, ide save the 150 bucks and get 240's centerlock. Do you know when your going to start this build?

Raiyn 05-07-05 06:25 PM


Originally Posted by phantomcow2
Sounds pretty high end, always fun. Is this geared toward more XC? I wouldnt get chris kings, ide save the 150 bucks and get 240's centerlock. Do you know when your going to start this build?

The way I've been thinking I might say screw it and get a Rohloff and a DT Centerlock up front.
This is geared more towards me riding XC for fun
I don't need superlight stuff. I want stuff that I can count on and based on my area and experience these are the parts I figure will fit that mold.

phantomcow2 05-07-05 06:27 PM


Originally Posted by Raiyn
The way I've been thinking I might say screw it and get a Rohloff and a DT Centerlock up front. This is geared more towards me riding XC
I don't need superlight stuff. I want stuff that I can count on and based on my area and experience these are the parts I figure will fit that mold.

Those Rohloffs are just too expensive for me to justify. Thats more than half of what i spent on my entire bicycle....for ONE component. I would get that combo deal - x.7 shifters+derailleur for 80. Have you used 240s?

Raiyn 05-07-05 07:05 PM


Originally Posted by phantomcow2
Those Rohloffs are just too expensive for me to justify. Thats more than half of what i spent on my entire bicycle....for ONE component. I would get that combo deal - x.7 shifters+derailleur for 80. Have you used 240s?

DT makes the 240's The combo deal would work if I was building an everyday bike. I'm NOT. This build is intended to be top stuff all the way


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:14 PM.


Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.