Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Mountain Biking (https://www.bikeforums.net/mountain-biking/)
-   -   Essential tools for mtb's. (https://www.bikeforums.net/mountain-biking/147988-essential-tools-mtbs.html)

EJ123 10-21-05 08:06 PM

Essential tools for mtb's.
 
undefinedHi, I have 4 bikes and want to switch some stuff about, could yall tell me what tools I should have for lets say: taking off/apart crankset, cassete...and other major parts. Cool thanks.

cryptid01 10-21-05 08:08 PM


Originally Posted by EJ123
undefinedHi, I have 4 bikes and want to switch some stuff about, could yall tell me what tools I should have for lets say: taking off/apart crankset, cassete...and other major parts. Cool thanks.


http://www.parktool.com/repair/

jsigone 10-21-05 09:07 PM

I used this to build my VT2 last week

http://www.performancebike.com/shop/...tegory_ID=4218

EJ123 10-22-05 10:12 AM

wow, thats a sweet site, thx.

willtsmith_nwi 10-22-05 06:07 PM


Originally Posted by jsigone
I used this to build my VT2 last week

http://www.performancebike.com/shop/...tegory_ID=4218

I've got the Pricepoint version of that kit (LIFU). I actually prefer the crank-puller and cassette lock-ring in that kit to the Park variants. Their Cassette long ring tool plugs into a socket wrench instead of sitting loosly around a giant wrench. It's WAAAY easier to use.

On the flip side the spoke wrench and cone wrenches are garbarge.

BTW, someone needs to make a bottom bracket tool for splined threads with a center lockpin (not possible with square taper).

Raiyn 10-22-05 10:29 PM


Originally Posted by EJ123
wow, thats a sweet site, thx.

THX is next generation surround sound, developed by a George Lucas company not an acceptable way of saying thanks.

Refrain from using AOLese or TXTSPK while visiting our forums as you have all the time you'd ever need to post an intelligent response. Three extra keystrokes, that's all you would have needed not to look like an illiterate child
http://img217.echo.cx/img217/1002/textspeak7oe.jpg
Quit being a lazy child and take some pride in how you communicate with others

EJ123 10-23-05 09:40 AM

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y25...fx10/chill.jpg

Raiyn 10-24-05 12:06 AM


Originally Posted by EJ123
[IMG ]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y251/viperfx10/chill.jpg[/IMG]

http://img196.echo.cx/img196/2974/354crackpipe5oy.jpg

EJ123 10-24-05 03:16 AM

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y25...rfx10/baby.jpg

Raiyn 10-24-05 03:43 AM

Self portrait?

EJ123 10-24-05 03:46 AM

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y25...rfx10/bill.jpg

Hunter 10-24-05 07:20 AM

EJ123,
The rules on this forum do advise posters here not to use the specific grammar you chose to in your earlier post. Raiyn is correct in advising you on this as would anyone else here. However arguing this fact is futile,and I suggest you buck up and move along.

EJ123 10-24-05 04:43 PM

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y25...rfx10/noob.jpg

swifferman 10-24-05 04:59 PM

HAHAHAHHHAHA

this one is pretty funny

haahahahhahah

hahaha so is the chill pill one

lawlz

I find them reasonably clever. :)

hondafan 10-24-05 08:36 PM


Originally Posted by Raiyn
THX is next generation surround sound, developed by a George Lucas company not an acceptable way of saying thanks.

Refrain from using AOLese or TXTSPK while visiting our forums as you have all the time you'd ever need to post an intelligent response. Three extra keystrokes, that's all you would have needed not to look like an illiterate child
http://img217.echo.cx/img217/1002/textspeak7oe.jpg
Quit being a lazy child and take some pride in how you communicate with others

Do you know how many posts I read that have "LBS" in them? A lot! I don't see the point in making a big deal of this. Just my thoughts. (not that anyone asked)

:p

Zeggelaar 10-24-05 09:45 PM

Will all of these photos and traded semi-insults help me ride better or repair my bike?? :eek:

Raiyn 10-25-05 01:04 AM


Originally Posted by EJ123
[IM G]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y251/viperfx10/noob.jpg[/IMG]

I think it's pretty sad that a child who joined in August of 2005 and has a whopping 202 posts is calling someone whose been here for 5 years a "n00b". Don't they teach children math in Texas?

Originally Posted by hondafan
Do you know how many posts I read that have "LBS" in them? A lot! I don't see the point in making a big deal of this. Just my thoughts. (not that anyone asked)

:p

LBS is a common and accepted term here. His inane gibberish is NOT

CRG 10-25-05 01:19 AM

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...ide/whatcu.jpg

EJ123 10-25-05 08:26 AM

Ok look Raiyn you take everything way to seriously...Im not a child. If you haven't got the memo, 15 years of age is a teen...and about the serious thing, noob has multiple meanings and it was only as a joke lol. So lighten up. You act like one less keystroke is a serious 3rd degree felony. But fine i'll try to stop to make you stop whining.

Raiyn 10-25-05 01:55 PM


Originally Posted by EJ123
Im not a child. If you haven't got the memo, 15 years of age is a teen..

A "child" is defined as a person who is under the age of 18. Which you are.

Maelstrom 10-25-05 04:18 PM

All of you stop posting big ass pictures to get your point across. Don't insult others and if someone doesn't like someone else's style of posting put them on ignore. Most of the posts in this forum the past 2 weeks stems from people whining. Cut it out and post if you have something to contibute.

Again to reiterate. Aolese in excess is an abuse of the forum rules. In EXCESS. The odd word here and there and thx lol etc are fine. Unless the majority of the post is illegible it is not something this board is concerned with.

Mael
Admin


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:11 AM.


Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.