Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

Bikeshop in Prague?

Reply

Old 03-21-07, 03:57 PM
  #1  
darni
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: North Norway
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Bikeshop in Prague?

I am going to Prague this weekend.
Does anyone got a name or an adress for some bikeshops there?
darni is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-07, 04:27 PM
  #2  
WannaGetGood
B*ck From Th* D**d
 
WannaGetGood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Posts: 2,479

Bikes: 2015 Kona Process 153

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
google would know.
WannaGetGood is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-07, 05:21 PM
  #3  
aballas
Senior Member
 
aballas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Morgantown, WV
Posts: 1,236
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
http://www.bikeshopsinprague.com
__________________
Road: 2001 Bianchi XL Boron
Cross: 2009 Surly Cross Check
XC Mtb: 2007 Bianchi Sok 29er
SS/Rigid Mtb: 2008 Soma Juice 29er
aballas is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-07, 04:30 PM
  #4  
ComPH
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Laguna Hills, OC, California
Posts: 265
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You can rent/tour with http://prague.tv/prague/sports-and-r...ntals/citybike (basically in the city center. You may also get some advice from: http://www.bicycle-tours.cz/. There are many, many bicyle shops in Prague and in Czech republic.
ComPH is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-07, 12:43 AM
  #5  
Ziemas
Senior Member
 
Ziemas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 10,079
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Originally Posted by WannaGetGood
google would know.
Do you speak Czech so you help us out? My wife is going to Prauge soon and I'm also looking for an LBS which is well stocked and centrally located so she can pick up some parts I can't find locally. Thanks.
Ziemas is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-07, 12:50 AM
  #6  
alumrock12
the sun never sets on me
 
alumrock12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: the bAy
Posts: 581

Bikes: 853 Hardtail

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Originally Posted by WannaGetGood
google would know.
Originally Posted by Ziemas
Do you speak Czech so you help us out? My wife is going to Prauge soon and I'm also looking for an LBS which is well stocked and centrally located so she can pick up some parts I can't find locally. Thanks.
alumrock12 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-07, 01:14 AM
  #7  
Ziemas
Senior Member
 
Ziemas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 10,079
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Originally Posted by alumrock12
Do you have a better suggestion of how to find a good LBS in Prague, or do you just wish to post BS?
Ziemas is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-07, 01:22 AM
  #8  
alumrock12
the sun never sets on me
 
alumrock12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: the bAy
Posts: 581

Bikes: 853 Hardtail

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Originally Posted by Ziemas
Do you have a better suggestion of how to find a good LBS in Prague, or do you just wish to post BS?
alumrock12 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-07, 01:26 AM
  #9  
Ziemas
Senior Member
 
Ziemas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 10,079
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Originally Posted by alumrock12
Thanks for helping to bring down the forums. You do realize that the purpose is to help people, don't you?
Ziemas is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-07, 10:19 AM
  #10  
alumrock12
the sun never sets on me
 
alumrock12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: the bAy
Posts: 581

Bikes: 853 Hardtail

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Originally Posted by Ziemas
Do you speak Czech so you help us out? My wife is going to Prauge soon and I'm also looking for an LBS which is well stocked and centrally located so she can pick up some parts I can't find locally. Thanks.

if your wife is going to prague soon and doesn't know how to speak czech... have fun. she should at least know a little bit about the place shes going to before she goes....

http://www.citybike-prague.com/ this place has rentals, tours...i'm sure that they have a skilled mechanic. if they don't carry parts, they'll KNOW a place that carrys parts and will be happy to help out your wife if she just goes and asks. they even have an english translated WEbsite!

http://www.ebicycle.cz/gallery.php put this site into google translator and you should be on your way.

i found all of this off of google, and i don't know a bit about czech other than how to spell it.
alumrock12 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-07, 10:21 AM
  #11  
alumrock12
the sun never sets on me
 
alumrock12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: the bAy
Posts: 581

Bikes: 853 Hardtail

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Originally Posted by darni
I am going to Prague this weekend.
Does anyone got a name or an adress for some bikeshops there?
Originally Posted by Ziemas
Do you speak Czech so you help us out? My wife is going to Prauge soon and I'm also looking for an LBS which is well stocked and centrally located so she can pick up some parts I can't find locally. Thanks.
you're going to prague? or is your wife going to prague? eitherway, learn the basics of the language and ask around when you get there. worse comes to worse, draw pictures for them of a bicycle and a store.
alumrock12 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-07, 10:58 AM
  #12  
Ziemas
Senior Member
 
Ziemas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 10,079
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Originally Posted by alumrock12
if your wife is going to prague soon and doesn't know how to speak czech... have fun. she should at least know a little bit about the place shes going to before she goes....

http://www.citybike-prague.com/ this place has rentals, tours...i'm sure that they have a skilled mechanic. if they don't carry parts, they'll KNOW a place that carrys parts and will be happy to help out your wife if she just goes and asks. they even have an english translated WEbsite!

http://www.ebicycle.cz/gallery.php put this site into google translator and you should be on your way.

i found all of this off of google, and i don't know a bit about czech other than how to spell it.
I can also find a place to rent bikes, but I don't know where to find a decent LBS. That's why I asked on the forums, kiddo. My wife has other things to do rather than spend her day hunting down a set of brake pads for me......

My poor wife only speaks four languages fluently, she should definitely learn Czech for her three day conference there which will be conducted in English.

If you haven't noticed the person who made the OP and I are two different people.
Ziemas is offline  
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service